• Renown: 259
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE47rDVh3c0
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vengt_The_Horsethief, Glorefindel, Vanderkaum
Re: Newb
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2012, 07:48:06 pm »
Excellent. I've got an army now equipped with shields, 1H, and armor. Time to raid, pillage and burn. Prepare yourself Calradia.
"Vengt, you are like my favorite player in CRPG."
- BlackWhite

Offline Bjarky

• Earl
  • Renown: 352
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • U got gold? I bring tea, silk, hemp, camels +more!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Leadership member)
  • Game nicks: Guard_BD_Bjarky, Guard_the_Lederhosen
  • IRC nick: bjarky
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2012, 08:05:31 pm »
Gl, but if u see yellow fiefs, dont go there, we don't treat them bandits kindly over here  :twisted:

Offline Vengt037

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2012, 05:53:41 pm »
Question 1: So I hear that I have to pay upkeep for my army once it exceeds 49 troops. Does anyone know exactly how this works (how much upkeep/ troop/ hour)?

Question 2: If I get in a battle and win, but some of my troops die, does the equipment they spawned w/ go away too?

Question 3: How's it going everybody?

Question 4: I'm in Curaw and I really want to attack something. Any suggestions? Should I only attack other neutral (white text) players and villages?

- BlackWhite

Offline Vengt037

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2012, 08:41:56 pm »
Question 1: So I hear that I have to pay upkeep for my army once it exceeds 49 troops. Does anyone know exactly how this works (how much upkeep/ troop/ hour)?

Question 2: If I get in a battle and win, but some of my troops die, does the equipment they spawned w/ go away too?

Question 3: How's it going everybody?

Question 4: I'm in Curaw and I really want to attack something. Any suggestions? Should I only attack other neutral (white text) players and villages?

Ah, sorry. I Found the answer to question 1 here http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,18362.0.html.
- BlackWhite

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2012, 01:45:20 am »
+2
If your interested in making some easy money head up to Fisdnar. We are paying good rates on goods crafted and we can guide you through the trade system.

PM me if your interested.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Vengt037

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2012, 06:25:00 pm »

Any thoughts on this?
- BlackWhite

Offline Vengt037

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2012, 06:28:28 pm »
If your interested in making some easy money head up to Fisdnar. We are paying good rates on goods crafted and we can guide you through the trade system.

PM me if your interested.

So if I make some straw hats and leather gloves and bring them over there, you will buy them from me for more than it cost me to make them?
- BlackWhite

Offline Bjarky

• Earl
  • Renown: 352
  • Infamy: 31
  • U got gold? I bring tea, silk, hemp, camels +more!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Leadership member)
  • Game nicks: Guard_BD_Bjarky, Guard_the_Lederhosen
  • IRC nick: bjarky
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2012, 06:38:09 pm »
+1
yes, but u can still recover a bit by looting them weps in the end of battle.

Offline Knute

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 682
  • Infamy: 21
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2012, 08:39:54 pm »
+1
So if I make some straw hats and leather gloves and bring them over there, you will buy them from me for more than it cost me to make them?

He meant trade goods, though they probably would buy some heirloomed straw hats if you had any.  Every fief has a unique trade good so for example in Fisdnar it's northern perch and in Curaw it's embroidered hats.  You can make one trade good every hour and it costs half the good price you'll see in the part of the strategus action menu that lists the local tax/visiting fee/etc.

To make one you have to be in a fief then go to Craft Items, click select and then choose the trade good at the top of the list.  An orange message will pop up saying "Crafting Set" then just click on start.  Different types of fiefs are better for doing certain things.  Castles have the highest chance (efficiency) for recruiting a troop every hour, villages are best for making trade goods or gear and towns are mediocre at both.

Then to make gold off your trade goods you need to take them to another fief, the higher good price in your selling location the better because that would be the price they're sold for.  The further away you take your trade goods from the place where you made them, the bigger distance bonus you'll get too but there's more risk involved moving goods long distance because you could get attacked by other players in the middle of the night.  :)  In Fisdnar you can make trade goods and they'll pay you gold for them so you don't have to bother with the time/risk involved in transporting them yourself, pm Frank for details if you're interested.

Offline Vengt037

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2012, 09:18:19 pm »
He meant trade goods, though they probably would buy some heirloomed straw hats if you had any.  Every fief has a unique trade good so for example in Fisdnar it's northern perch and in Curaw it's embroidered hats.  You can make one trade good every hour and it costs half the good price you'll see in the part of the strategus action menu that lists the local tax/visiting fee/etc.

To make one you have to be in a fief then go to Craft Items, click select and then choose the trade good at the top of the list.  An orange message will pop up saying "Crafting Set" then just click on start.  Different types of fiefs are better for doing certain things.  Castles have the highest chance (efficiency) for recruiting a troop every hour, villages are best for making trade goods or gear and towns are mediocre at both.

Then to make gold off your trade goods you need to take them to another fief, the higher good price in your selling location the better because that would be the price they're sold for.  The further away you take your trade goods from the place where you made them, the bigger distance bonus you'll get too but there's more risk involved moving goods long distance because you could get attacked by other players in the middle of the night.  :)  In Fisdnar you can make trade goods and they'll pay you gold for them so you don't have to bother with the time/risk involved in transporting them yourself, pm Frank for details if you're interested.

Thank you, this is heprfur information.

Up to now I've been grinding gold through CRPG and crafting weapons and armor to make my warband a little saltier, but I spose we'll need to get into crafting and trading in order to make the real money.

BTW, I noticed that I can only craft gear that my main already owns in CRPG, but I can't craft all of it: only certain items. Will this menu of craftable gear change depending on the village or town I'm in?

In other news, I spectated a siege last night and it was very instructive. It was Kutt (3,000 tickets) Vs. the neutral town of Curaw (7,000 tickets) which I happen to be in right now actually. Kutt was dominating in the early rounds with masterworked gear and clever strategy. They almost capped the final flags, but they couldn't close the deal before they ran out of the superior gear and attrition started to take its toll. Curaw rallied and pushed them back from the walls. By the end of the battle Kutt troops were all naked and scavenging weapons. Also, the comp was able to hire about 2x more mercenaries than Kutt, and I think having more spawnable units made a difference at the end. I don't know actually how that works though...

I frapsed several segments of the battle to show my friend who is starting Strat w/ me. Maybe I will post it on Youtube.

- BlackWhite

Offline Knute

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 682
  • Infamy: 21
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2012, 10:14:31 pm »
+1
BTW, I noticed that I can only craft gear that my main already owns in CRPG, but I can't craft all of it: only certain items. Will this menu of craftable gear change depending on the village or town I'm in?

It's the same list in every fief and that's the gear you had equipped when you got a "All thine hard work has paid off" message that gives you smithing skill points.  It's going to change in the near future but here's what chadz said about it:

(click to show/hide)

So if you have the same gear equipped all the time and stay alive pretty soon you'll be able to arm up more troops in strategus for less gold.  Every time you get the ATHW message you get a few points and if you don't have something equipped that you already have points in, you'll lose one point.

------

No problem, yeah Strategus has a FAQ, changelog and for dummies thread but it really needs just one wiki or tutorial page that's regularly updated with all the basics.  Otherwise people have to learn everything word of mouth so it's kind of confusing at first.  I just learned how to put weapons back in a weapon rack the other day.  :shock:

Ha, I was throwing ladders for the attackers during that siege last night and got some crazy amounts of xp, looking forward to seeing that video!  :)  Here's some pics I took: http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,24728.msg540349.html#msg540349