Author Topic: die Goretooth  (Read 18228 times)

Offline Misan

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Misan_Ulpius_Phallus Karawampa Kaladorn
Re: die Goretooth
« Reply #135 on: April 04, 2011, 03:15:52 pm »
Wait, Zisa is banned permanently?

This thread is by far the most sperg-ridden thing I've ever seen in C-RPG, people are actually arguing about the thread title. I'm not even sure what rule was broken (douchbaggery? wat). The only crime here was a case of unwarranted self importance, it's like The Spoony Experiment up in here (except C-RPG is generally entertaining)

Unban Zisa
Ban Goretooth
Everyone seek help

Not even trolling
Troll complete. It is offensive to me and I would like you to change it.
If it is not changed I will do everything in my power to see you banned from both the game and forums.

Offline Rhade

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: BkS_Rhade
« Reply #136 on: April 04, 2011, 08:48:05 pm »
Word of the Day Lorn?

I truly believe both of them are in the wrong. Goretooth could've said sorry. Zisa could've stayed quiet after being kicked.

If Goretooth had said sorry, everything would've been fine (which he said earlier in this jumble of posts).
A team hit is 50% reduced damage and Zisa should've been fine with that one hit by Goretooth.
Zisa has known Goretooth long enough to realize he never says sorry when something wrong happens.
After the whole incident, making a thread "die Goretooth" is really uncivilized (I know you were mad but still come on)
And lastly, why would you mess with the guy with the gun ?

It doesn't matter if someone is an admin -- If someone acts in an idiotic way, calling them an idiot is entirely justified. Being an admin, you're asked to moderate the servers from people griefing and disrupting the gameplay experience, but it doesn't entitle you to immunity from people's honest opinions about you, especially when they're justified and called for in the situation.

Saying that Zisa should know Goretooth has, in essence, "always been an asshole and never says sorry" isn't acceptable. As a matter of fact, the inverse is true: since that is a known fact, Goretooth is actually the one who needs to fix things and work on his issues, Zisa shouldn't be asked to deal with people who don't apologize for team attacking and being assholes in general. Admins kick people for team wounding, they kick people for being an asshole, yet Goretooth is able to team attack, not apologize, and use his adminship to kick someone because they said a justified word to him? It's obvious a poor use of adminship.

I have no love for Zisa, I talk shit to him all the time, and I have respect for Gore's playing abilities (and gear), but the mentality of "don't mess with the guy with the gun" is not acceptable, as his gun is there to ensure the server is moderated and people can play on the servers appropriately, not to use for personal reasons. 95% of the people defending Gore are ATS members, which is not only predictable but rather pathetic when the situation is so obviously bullshit and Zisa did what any normal player would do in his situation yet they're acting like he deserved a kick (which he didn't) AND a ban (which he definitely didn't.) If Goretooth would have been attacked in spawn, feinting or no, he would have said "idiot" at best and kicked at worst, yet when Zisa does the same he's kicked? Any sane player who would have been kicked after the situation Zisa was in (being attacked in spawn, not apologized to, and rightfully calls anyone who does so an "idiot", justifiably so) would have been upset after the kick. Zisa definitely was in the right telling Goretooth to relax when Zisa came back to the server -- Most people would have actually raged, yet all Zisa said was for him to relax and he gets banned?

Zisa acted in a totally acceptable manner, reacting the way most people would have: Being upset when they get attacked in spawn, even more so when they're not apologized to, and then asking the trigger-happy admin to relax after being upset in the first place for the admin's poor choice of actions ("feinting" in spawn).

Saying Zisa did something wrong by "not being quiet after being kicked" is laughable. Adminship doesn't make you above the laws, nor does it make you above the reprisals from other players when you make a mistake in game. Don't mistake "admin" for "god", because that's the sign of a poor admin. A good admin should simply use his powers to get rid of people griefing and otherwise making the game unplayable for the other players on the server; a good admin uses his powers for the benefit of the average players (of which Zisa is a good example) and never for exclusively himself. Good admins don't kick/ban for people saying justified reprisals to them, good admins don't go on powertrips and ban/kick people who disagree with them and use the "troll" justification. This situation shows the admin powers being used exclusively for the benfit of the self, and not in keeping with the best interest of the average player, and anyone outside of ATS's private circle can see this.

It would be one thing if anyone could host a CRPG server, but that is, in fact, not the case. It is difficult to be allowed to connect to the database and run chadz' mod, yet when ATS was granted the right to do so, even the owners of the server and admins should be held accountable by a higher power (chadz) if for no other reason than us players have little other choices to go to. The poor adminship is runing the CRPG experience when the feeling of the server is usually that of the Third Reich and not of a server where admins are looking out for the good of the general player base, and this is the perfect example.

I like Goretooth, but in my dealings with him as an admin in the past, he uses his admin powers as more of a right than a privilege, using them as a personal sword for himself rather than a general shield for the public. I've seen it happen quite a few times, but this is a perfect example of abuse.

Offline Mokkal

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mokkal
« Reply #137 on: April 04, 2011, 09:28:51 pm »
Maybe we are all too Americanized and think we are entitled to justice rather than oppression.

Offline Philosiraptor

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
  • Scrubnerdbasementlord
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Phoenix Company MurderBoner GoD
  • Game nicks: Philosiraptor_PxC; Thousands of alts..Just call me mike :D
  • IRC nick: Philo
« Reply #138 on: April 04, 2011, 09:39:15 pm »
As much as i dislike BKS(only cause of the shittalk) Everything Rhade just said, Everything...Is right...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Anders you have a fucking ban thread every day it seems, you lead a sad life my friend. Ban threads are the cancer that kill this mod.

Offline Lorn

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lorn
  • IRC nick: Lorn
« Reply #139 on: April 04, 2011, 09:39:25 pm »
It doesn't matter if someone is an admin -- If someone acts in an idiotic way, calling them an idiot is entirely justified. Being an admin, you're asked to moderate the servers from people griefing and disrupting the gameplay experience, but it doesn't entitle you to immunity from people's honest opinions about you, especially when they're justified and called for in the situation.

Saying that Zisa should know Goretooth has, in essence, "always been an asshole and never says sorry" isn't acceptable. As a matter of fact, the inverse is true: since that is a known fact, Goretooth is actually the one who needs to fix things and work on his issues, Zisa shouldn't be asked to deal with people who don't apologize for team attacking and being assholes in general. Admins kick people for team wounding, they kick people for being an asshole, yet Goretooth is able to team attack, not apologize, and use his adminship to kick someone because they said a justified word to him? It's obvious a poor use of adminship.

I have no love for Zisa, I talk shit to him all the time, and I have respect for Gore's playing abilities (and gear), but the mentality of "don't mess with the guy with the gun" is not acceptable, as his gun is there to ensure the server is moderated and people can play on the servers appropriately, not to use for personal reasons. 95% of the people defending Gore are ATS members, which is not only predictable but rather pathetic when the situation is so obviously bullshit and Zisa did what any normal player would do in his situation yet they're acting like he deserved a kick (which he didn't) AND a ban (which he definitely didn't.) If Goretooth would have been attacked in spawn, feinting or no, he would have said "idiot" at best and kicked at worst, yet when Zisa does the same he's kicked? Any sane player who would have been kicked after the situation Zisa was in (being attacked in spawn, not apologized to, and rightfully calls anyone who does so an "idiot", justifiably so) would have been upset after the kick. Zisa definitely was in the right telling Goretooth to relax when Zisa came back to the server -- Most people would have actually raged, yet all Zisa said was for him to relax and he gets banned?

Zisa acted in a totally acceptable manner, reacting the way most people would have: Being upset when they get attacked in spawn, even more so when they're not apologized to, and then asking the trigger-happy admin to relax after being upset in the first place for the admin's poor choice of actions ("feinting" in spawn).

Saying Zisa did something wrong by "not being quiet after being kicked" is laughable. Adminship doesn't make you above the laws, nor does it make you above the reprisals from other players when you make a mistake in game. Don't mistake "admin" for "god", because that's the sign of a poor admin. A good admin should simply use his powers to get rid of people griefing and otherwise making the game unplayable for the other players on the server; a good admin uses his powers for the benefit of the average players (of which Zisa is a good example) and never for exclusively himself. Good admins don't kick/ban for people saying justified reprisals to them, good admins don't go on powertrips and ban/kick people who disagree with them and use the "troll" justification. This situation shows the admin powers being used exclusively for the benfit of the self, and not in keeping with the best interest of the average player, and anyone outside of ATS's private circle can see this.

It would be one thing if anyone could host a CRPG server, but that is, in fact, not the case. It is difficult to be allowed to connect to the database and run chadz' mod, yet when ATS was granted the right to do so, even the owners of the server and admins should be held accountable by a higher power (chadz) if for no other reason than us players have little other choices to go to. The poor adminship is runing the CRPG experience when the feeling of the server is usually that of the Third Reich and not of a server where admins are looking out for the good of the general player base, and this is the perfect example.

I like Goretooth, but in my dealings with him as an admin in the past, he uses his admin powers as more of a right than a privilege, using them as a personal sword for himself rather than a general shield for the public. I've seen it happen quite a few times, but this is a perfect example of abuse.

The poor adminship became cultivated shortly after Ecko decided to deal with life and not running ATS. It doesn't help that the current leaders of ATS blatantly abuse admin, yet always deny it if it suits their purposes. The people, even ATS members who were admins(Zisa and myself), who speak out against their offenses are blamed for causing all of the problems that occur. There is a reason why the core ATS members have started leaving over the past few months trying to deny that it has something to do with the current ATS leadership is naive.

It's also quite hypocritical (word of the year by the way) that people that are friends with an admin, or are in TS, ATS, Hospitaler are NEVER punished for breaking the rules.

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
« Reply #140 on: April 04, 2011, 09:39:34 pm »
Rhade, I'm sorry to say that most people will be in the mindset of tl;dr, but what you say is indeed true. I just hope what you wrote doesn't disappear mysteriously over the course of the day.

Offline Lorn

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 04, 2011, 09:46:42 pm »
Rhade, I'm sorry to say that most people will be in the mindset of tl;dr, but what you say is indeed true. I just hope what you wrote doesn't disappear mysteriously over the course of the day.

Screenshot it! Save it for the ages!

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 04, 2011, 09:51:49 pm »
So what's your part in this lorn? Are you clanless now?

Offline Lorn

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 04, 2011, 10:03:35 pm »
So what's your part in this lorn? Are you clanless now?

To see Zisa unbanned, and those responsible punished.

Being clanless assumes that I am still playing.

Offline Chasab

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 04, 2011, 10:56:07 pm »
"always been an asshole and never says sorry" isn't acceptable.

I only made it about halfway down your post, but my 2 worthless cents.

I have never had a problem with goretooth, and the opposite with zisa, I have also never recieved an apology from zisa from one of her many Team hit throwing axes.

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #145 on: April 04, 2011, 10:59:09 pm »
I only made it about halfway down your post, but my 2 worthless cents.

I have never had a problem with goretooth, and the opposite with zisa, I have also never recieved an apology from zisa from one of her many Team hit throwing axes.
I do not remember ever seeing you in game. Course, you seem like the type afraid to post your in game name.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 04, 2011, 11:10:47 pm »
Guys guys, why does the past matter in this individual case? Who cares whether or not either Zisa or Goretooth is an asshole? I think whoever it is that's above Goretooth (I'm guessing Ecko?) should look at nothing but the facts and make a ruling fair to both parties.

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 04, 2011, 11:12:20 pm »
Guys guys, why does the past matter in this individual case? Who cares whether or not either Zisa or Goretooth is an asshole? I think whoever it is that's above Goretooth (I'm guessing Ecko?) should look at nothing but the facts and make a ruling fair to both parties.
It already has been made, It's my choice when to unban Zisa and will do so when he talks to me about this in a civil manner on the forums or pms/vent.

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 04, 2011, 11:17:54 pm »
I meant what, if anything, to do with you Goretooth.

Offline Lorn

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 04, 2011, 11:21:49 pm »

Don't be naive!

Ecko doesn't run ATS anymore, Gash and him are just figureheads. The real leaders are Goretooth and Heroin, thus where the problem lies.