Author Topic: Whats gonna happen with the turning speed?  (Read 2843 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1114
  • Infamy: 1233
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: Whats gonna happen with the turning speed?
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2012, 12:12:44 pm »
+2
I don't think I've seen one guy compliment the new turning speed nerf haha

Me.

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2012, 12:14:36 pm »
+1
I like it.

Offline Reddy

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Red
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2012, 12:32:54 pm »
+2
Me.

That's not possible, you don't like anything Leshma.
[00:23] * reddy slaps cmp around a bit with a large fishbot

Because I can.

Offline justme

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_Elsupreme
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2012, 12:36:29 pm »
+1
im piker and i dont mind at all

Offline Visconti

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Velucan
  • Game nicks: Tristran_Steward_of_TKoV
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2012, 08:56:50 am »
+1
Stabs are fine, overheads need a bit of a buff

QQ
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies

Offline Sagar

• Earl
  • Renown: 463
  • Infamy: 279
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bogumili
  • Game nicks: Sagar
  • IRC nick: Sagar
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2012, 09:05:21 am »
Mod is once again alive and kicking.

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Caita_KUTT, Fellys_KUTT
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2012, 10:27:37 am »
im piker and i dont mind at all

It's barely affected my pike at all, jump-spinning thrusts are only marginally more difficult than before, and that's mostly just that I'm not used to the timing. My sidearm's (langes messer in 2H mode) overheads, however, are now nearly useless unless the target is standing still.

Also, anyone else getting really weird hit detection on overheads now? I got a couple nasty TWs today because, despite my sword clearly going through my intended target's head, the hitbox was apparently lagging behind a good 1-2 feet and hit my ally to the side. My ping sits at a stead 60ish, so that shouldn't have nearly that much of an effect, and it's only overheads acting like this.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2012, 03:43:42 pm »
The new turning speed is quite acceptable, and it changed for everyone. I dont even play inf mainly, and I've already adapted to it. Combat feels more realistic now in my opinion.

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2012, 03:55:35 pm »
+2
my problem is it is not scaled to weapon length. mine is 71 reach I have to be next to you to hit you. That overhead spin radius is not enough to hit a moving target
Leader of BS

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2012, 04:11:09 pm »
To answer the OP's question:

Nothing.

You can lock the thread now.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2012, 04:43:17 pm »
The nerf hurt short weps the hardest when it was supposed to nerf longer weps doing crazy spins. Overhead for short 1h was hit especially hard, when it was in no way overpowered before. You can say lead your attacks all you want, but the bottom line is that your adjustment cone is now limited to about 30 degrees but when you are fighting at short range your cone's absolute width is much narrower and people easily shift out of that 30 degree leeway with 1-2 steps between swing start and connect time (1h overhead is a slow swing). The nerf also put a lot of hurt to "combat" hoplites using short range weps like war spear really hard too, another class that was in no way overpowered.

Offline Spook Island

• Shitposter
  • Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 165
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Truth Teller
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2012, 04:54:57 pm »
This game is going downhill drastically with all the recent nerfs.     I played a few rounds Monday afternoon, after a month-long hiatus, and couldn't believe how wonky melee had become as a two hand user.
Pretty soon we'll all be playing a game that has been dumbed down to the levels of world of warcraft.

My friend got me into this game because it took a lot of skill to play, but frankly I don't think that is the case anymore.

It seems like the developers are genuinely trying to pidgeonhole people into playing certain classes like cav, ranged, or sword and board.
Maybe it's a coordinated effort to remove interest in the game in time for the release mount and blade 2.  :rolleyes:

:idea: Spinning didn't need to be nerfed for anything other than pike because of the drastic length.  But, Instead of getting a minor tweak for an extremely specific problem for an individual weapon, the developers smashed a very minor niche problem with a sledgehammer and ended up creating far more glaring issues that need solving over entire general mechanic areas.

Now we're left with ground combat that feels wonky, lagged, and anything but fluid.  Melee feels as rough and disjointed as the thought processes of a 90 year old woman with a severe case of Alzheimer's disease coupled with Dimensia.  I now get the impression my weapon is being tugged on by an invisible spectre who is trying to sabotage me from hitting an enemy player.

Overhand swings are basically worthless now in a 1 on 1 confrontation due to the lack of speed, range, and nearly total lack of maneuverability.  Stabs aren't far behind.  The entire vertical spectrum of combat is now obsolete because of players who would much rather play an FPS version of diablo 3 rather than a mod derived from the Mount and Blade engine that rewards skill rather than overzealous, unreasonable whining from people that don't want to deal with any kind of learning curve whatsoever.

It's about 5 times harder to stab passing cavalry, who aren't barreling toward me head on, as I am now trying to stab a fast moving target with the game physic mechanics that I'm 100ft underwater and wearing a sweater made out of solid lead.

No spinning mechanics needed to be nerfed whatsoever for anything other than the pike due to how long it is.  People need to stop screaming for nerfs just because they don't know how to block the easiest, most telegraphed, and expected attack in the entire game; the simple stab.

It seemed like dexterity was finally getting equal treatment to strength, but the disparity between the benefits of both has never been more blatant and obvious than it is now.
Dexterity is now obsolete as an attribute.  It was drowned by the tears of a thousand strength crutchers who don't want to play a skill based game.

By the way, I have never played a Dex build. the closest I've ever come is pure balance, but there is no way in hell I would ever consider being even remotely balanced now.
The magic of this mod is quickly drying up.  It is dying to appeal to a mass of casuals.  If history of the gaming industry has shown us anything, this is how all great franchises ultimately die.

CRPG is dying.  :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2012, 05:10:56 pm »
Me.

I actually don't mind it either.  Took a bit to get used to, but its not that bad.

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2012, 06:09:01 pm »
+4
words.

Aren't you supposed to be dead?
And how!

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2012, 06:12:41 pm »
I kinda got used to hitting the average player with overheads. Great players takes a lot more work.

One thing I can't do correctly just yet is get my overhead chambers to hit more than 25% of the time using a short 1h, but I think most other weapons will have a problem, too.