Author Topic: Nonse hit detection- will be ever fix?  (Read 6412 times)

Offline Tomeusz

• Junk Thread Creator
  • Count
  • Renown: 172
  • Infamy: 165
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Nonse hit detection- will be ever fix?
« on: June 25, 2012, 04:24:52 pm »
Hi!
Ther is possibility that there will be any hit detection fix from crpg mods? Most weapon have outranged swings that kill people with not evet touching their bodies, cav has this imba "knock and stick" system on crpg that makes them even more imbalanced(you hit target with horse, it falls, and then stick on your spear, you might think its ok, but not when horse hits you right in front of you and  you are sticked not by a weapon is peak, but by hand of attacker, and it still counts hit).

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
Re: Nonse hit detection- will be ever fix?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 04:27:05 pm »
+4
Is this a poll? I'm going with the "Bacon" option, as opposed to "Yes", or "No".
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 04:33:57 pm »
+6
The man is right, when I chamber I mostly see the incoming weapon getting stopped a hand length in front of my blade instead of by the actual blade. I used to be able to chamber held swings of slow weapons, but you can no longer trust what you see, cause when my chamber hits the incoming weapon like it should, the chamber doesnt work. Its basically guessing when to chamber, cause it sure as hell is not the same as it normally was. Another funny thing is chambering stabs and the return swing being a left swing.

The game is horribly borked and I hope that some time will be spend in fixing that. Try playing native and notice the smoothness of feints and blocking, maybe all the scripts doing cool things is making regular combat suffer, which is a bad thing.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 04:40:12 pm »
Works perfectly fine for me, sound like the problem is on your side.

Offline Teeth

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 04:51:45 pm »
+4
How much have you played in the last month?

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 04:57:17 pm »
+2
Since the last couple patches (going back two weeks) I've also noticed the game is registering things I'm not doing.  Like swinging while I've only hit right click to block (and it shows me blocking, and then when my ghost swing is already mid-swing it shows me the animation), it never did this before, like literally never once happened, and now I'm seeing it quite often. 

Also when I am moving mouse in an obvious direction the game will show an animation in another direction, but I trust my instincts and sure enough if I down block and it shows a left block, I'm still able to block stabs (so I'm still clearly down blocking but the animation is fucked up).

I've also heard a lot of people on the forums and in game complaining about the exact same thing.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2012, 05:01:27 pm »
How much have you played in the last month?

Enough.

Offline Teeth

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2012, 05:02:48 pm »
+20

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2012, 05:42:11 pm »
Well I'm noticing some weird server detection of what I'm doing, and I never had this happen before.

My computer specs:
8 GB DDR3 1600
Nvidia GTX 460 (1gb/256 GDDR5)
AMD Phenom II x4 3.4 GHZ
120 GB Solid State Hard drive

Network specs:

20ms from my location to Chicago, 15-20mb/s download, and 1.5-2mb/s upload.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline rebbrown

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RebBrown, RebBrewn, RobBrewn, TimursLameBrother.
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2012, 05:53:53 pm »

It sure is considering I've been bump-stabbed over five times already in the last week. There's also loads of ghost-swings from horse-back where the sword comes nowhere close to you, but miraculously chops you in half.

Offline bosco

• Count
  • Renown: 258
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
  • Steady...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2012, 05:54:01 pm »
I disagree.

Feels like 1/4 blocks don't register either. At least on Siege.

Offline Vkvkvk

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2012, 05:55:20 pm »
+1
Enough.

Either you don't play as much as you'd like you claim or you don't really look at the lenght of weapons when you fight.

Ghostreach while generally not big is still there, as a footwork lover, I find myself dancing just outside of reach of weapon's lenght, and by dancing just outside I literally mean about 1-2 cm from the tip. It usually leads to my death because I've been swung in the face by a gust of air displaced from the weapon's swing. Ghost reach is generally not huge outside of massive lag but that's to be expected, I just wish Devs would actually confirm that it's there.

Differentiating tipslashes and ghostreach might also be hard, some weapons have tips that are very hard to see such as the awlpike, they make for some pretty awesome ghostreach moments since the hitboxes are just long sticks that extends to the VERY end so even if you get stabbed by what is seemingly nothing, it's actually the ridiculously long tip of the awlpike that stabbed you 1mm deep for full damage. That's probably what happens the most, happens to me alot, I find it bullshit on curved weapons or anything with excessive tips like the morning star but we have to deal with it I guess.

Now there's also straight out ghost reach, they don't happen nearly as much as people let on or maybe they just can't differentiate properly from the tipslashes but they still happen, I've had swings that I was much further away than usual, something like 20cm and I would still drop dead to unknown forces.

About nonsense hit detection, I've had some weird lag ever since the new patch for one day(Only seem to have happened for one day in duel, the entire day was filled with hit detection mishaps and it fixed itself the next day though it still happens slightly but at a much lowered rate) people would start spinning because everyone feels the need to spin, slower spin speed or not and they were literally hitting me for full damage while facing their backs to me. No, it wasn't the backswing unless some freak 'roid ghostreach was going on in these backswings but I could get hit as much as 3 times in a row for full damage when they were facing their backs toward me, if shit like that can happen, I'm pretty sure more minor things like ghostreach can also happen.

Offline Sarpton

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hurlbat
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2012, 06:22:27 pm »
I've been thinking EXACTLY this for DAYS.  I thought it was just me.  So glad to know its not.   

But if any of you are throwers you've probably noticed the weird hitboxs lately, such as axe model CLEARLY missing but then sprouting from the person in a random seeming location, or if you are on target the weapon simply going thru said person.  Happens to me all the time.

Offline Tomeusz

• Junk Thread Creator
  • Count
  • Renown: 172
  • Infamy: 165
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2012, 06:53:00 pm »
Fix that hit and stick on cav or disable people pounching with horse, because at that way its fuking IMBA!(!) You get punch by horse, and killed by hand with weapon dmg. Damn bullshit:)

Offline NuberT

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: NuberT_HRE
  • IRC nick: NuberT_HRE
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2012, 06:56:07 pm »
I doubt hit detection is completely fixable anyway, its an online game and has some delay, which the engine (probably) trys to interpolate more or less good.

When you ever played counter strike source you know what I mean: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_WZD3s7FFg

about chambers: They definetly need some love, the turning limit makes most of chambered overheads and stabs useless as they wont hit if the guy keeps moving, this nerfs especially long maul, because chambering a stab with an overhead was like the only weapon against guys with longer weapons. For sideswings idk if its just me who fails regularly :)