Author Topic: Archer- only one build shall be  (Read 1416 times)

Offline Tomeusz

• Junk Thread Creator
  • Count
  • Renown: 172
  • Infamy: 165
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Archer- only one build shall be
« on: June 25, 2012, 11:34:14 am »
Hi!
So i created an archer build couple month ago and i think its most imba and worthless  class i ever made in comparsion to other 2 builds i own(CAV and 2H). Almost all games i end up like 0-10. My K/D is 1-5 and lowering while at cav or 2h are 1-1. I think its because i gave 3 ironflesh and 3 power strike to this class. Only "surviving" build for archer is max ag/athl and powerdraw, anything more or less and you are worthless piece of meat. No matter what, everything takes you by 1 hit(with IF 3), no matter what light armor i wear,  heavy armored 1h with iron shields manage to chase you down, even if your ath is 7 and you wear almost no armor, your swing at melee do no dmg, you die by 1 hit of crossbow belt, but you have to hit with you own arrows like 3-7 times to kill with PD 6. I mean if you dont go  at 1 direction of creating archer you are done and thats sad, you should be more flexible like other imba classes(Cav for example- no matter how you screw this class you always will be  able to kill or atleast take to the ground someone).

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
Re: Archer- only one build shall be
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 11:50:05 am »
See and people say Archers were op.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 11:51:53 am »
You need practice and the right build. It's no wonder an average cav or melee player is going to suck at archery at the start. And if the class is too annoying you shouldn't play it.

I have no athlectics at all and I can still play.

Offline Tomeusz

• Junk Thread Creator
  • Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 12:08:09 pm »
You need practice and the right build. It's no wonder an average cav or melee player is going to suck at archery at the start. And if the class is too annoying you shouldn't play it.

I have no athlectics at all and I can still play.

Well, i think horse archers are very imba, but ground archers suck untill you wont lvl up thep in 1 way. Every class is better than them, crossbow just eat every archer taking him down by 1 hit, having advantage at melee, accuary, dmg, armor, and even sometimes at run speed.
Well, even more. At CRPG even most noobiest cav can take you down, by just hitting you to the ground, without any weapon. Its just silly.

Offline Juhanius

• Legendary Engraver
  • Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I always hated crossbows, take too long to load!"
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Juhanius, Stormy_Repairs
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 12:15:23 pm »
Sir you are right. Archer is worst class you can make. I find it really annoying that even level 31 my actual wpf is only 80 because of 6 points in PD.

Offline Juhanius

• Legendary Engraver
  • Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I always hated crossbows, take too long to load!"
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Juhanius, Stormy_Repairs
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 12:20:21 pm »
Only viable build is dedicated archer build...meaning all points to archery, athletics, and weaponmaster.

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2012, 12:21:30 pm »
Hi!
So i created an archer build couple month ago and i think its most imba and worthless  class i ever made in comparsion to other 2 builds i own(CAV and 2H). Almost all games i end up like 0-10. My K/D is 1-5 and lowering while at cav or 2h are 1-1. I think its because i gave 3 ironflesh and 3 power strike to this class. Only "surviving" build for archer is max ag/athl and powerdraw, anything more or less and you are worthless piece of meat. No matter what, everything takes you by 1 hit(with IF 3), no matter what light armor i wear,  heavy armored 1h with iron shields manage to chase you down, even if your ath is 7 and you wear almost no armor, your swing at melee do no dmg, you die by 1 hit of crossbow belt, but you have to hit with you own arrows like 3-7 times to kill with PD 6. I mean if you dont go  at 1 direction of creating archer you are done and thats sad, you should be more flexible like other imba classes(Cav for example- no matter how you screw this class you always will be  able to kill or atleast take to the ground someone).

You've obviously not seen Radh_the_Grey when he plays, gets as many kills with his mace as with the bow, and rarely needs to kite.  Seems pretty balanced to me.  Also, why not just go full blown archer, pretty effective too:
(click to show/hide)

p.s. nerf ranged.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2012, 12:29:11 pm »
Only viable build is dedicated archer build...meaning all points to archerypowerdraw, athletics, and weaponmaster.
As it should be.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2012, 12:32:20 pm »
LoL, yeah, go full blow archer and you'll get as many kills as bagge.

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2012, 12:42:06 pm »
Just be sure you can manual block. ;)
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Tomeusz

• Junk Thread Creator
  • Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2012, 02:36:24 pm »
This is just retarded like fully armored guy with huge 2h chase me down while i wear almost no cloth and weapons:)

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2012, 02:38:40 pm »
Nord bagge is having top sore in that screenshot and he is archer. So you completly suck at archery.

Offline Tomeusz

• Junk Thread Creator
  • Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2012, 02:40:10 pm »
Nord bagge is having top sore in that screenshot and he is archer. So you completly suck at archery.
I dont say archery sux at all. Its good while you go by 1 or 2 ways in creating character. Otherways is useless trash at crpg mod.

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2012, 02:44:39 pm »
This is just retarded like fully armored guy with huge 2h chase me down while i wear almost no cloth and weapons:)

Get more ath.

I dont say archery sux at all. Its good while you go by 1 or 2 ways in creating character. Otherways is useless trash at crpg mod.

It's like creating a 2 riding sumpter horse lancer build.

You just wouldn't even go there, same applies for other builds across the mod.

Every class, when the perfect build and skill behind the keyboard/mouse allows, can be OP.

So in conclusion:

(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline Tomeusz

• Junk Thread Creator
  • Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2012, 02:47:57 pm »
I had my main screwd build, totaly worthless power throw with no enough wpf + 2h. I reseted that build(had 31 lvl already on that char)but untill reseted managed to do 1-1. Same with my first screwd cav build. Archer? Archer when you screw build u wont kill anyone, die by 1 shot ofcrossbow belt, dont manage to run away.