Author Topic: HT'ing + corpse hitboxes  (Read 452 times)

Offline kraze89

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: KrzR
HT'ing + corpse hitboxes
« on: June 24, 2012, 07:44:49 pm »
+2
Hi, I'm KrzR, one of KafeinsBestBitch' bitches, I'm here to talk for Zlisch (currently still muted  :lol:) about an issue regarding HTing and the new corpse hitboxes, you see, after Zlisch dehorses a HA (which already is a seriously bad move for Zlisch as it wasted 2 throwing lances and possibly the HA just finds a new horse) he now got the issue of having to let the HAs get up from their dead horse and start shooting before he can throw at them, a serious nerf to the already underplayed and nerfed to the ground class of HTing, for if Zlisch does not wait his throwing lance will nearly certainly get stuck in the HAs horse and Zlisch will have wasted more precious ammo on this HA. Zlisch suggests that you allow looting of ammo from corpses (but leave the looted ammo in a damaged and weakened state and once you throw them into someone again they're gone forever), there might be another way to solve this horrible issue but Zlisch assures me he can't think of any atm. BTW: On the subject of HTing if possible he'd like to request that speed bonus be added onto the attacker so that it penalises people who play riskless riding away and far from their targets and buff the more risky playstyle of charging."

Fell free to discuss. (for the record i have no opinion on this subject :D)

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
Re: HT'ing + corpse hitboxes
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 07:47:04 pm »
HTs will be happy that the speed of his horse will also be used in the future to determine speed bonus and hence damage. Unlike now when only target speed is counted.

Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 08:05:01 pm »
I'm glad that obvious oversight will be corrected (relative horse speeds).  As for looting the dead, I like it as a GT (Ground Thrower) cuz it takes me half my jarids to kill a horse, but realize that if this was implemented the archers would never run out of ammo:( As it is, I usually find enough throwing dealies lying around to chase archers, but yeah, damn horses!  You'd think unarmoured ones wouldn't damage the tips too much.  Maybe headshots*, but the nice soft squishy under belly?

*Headshots don't apply to me anyway, I think I only got 3 headshots in 2 generations.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 08:11:54 pm »
I kinda pointed out this nerf to throwing when the corpse dmg was introduced
I don't know enough

visitors can't see pics , please register or login