Author Topic: My English is very poor, I use the Google translator.Ask some questions  (Read 10370 times)

Offline Kajia

• Earl
  • Renown: 481
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Kajia
  • IRC nick: Kajia_
+2
SOME FAITH IN THIS COMMUNITY RESTORED

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Kajia's Workshop
(cRPG artwork showcase)

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
+1
Yet, the USA is using the customary system, not metric. Don't be ignorant.

Over a billion people don't have trouble using their language (Chinese). It's a tradition that doesn't need to be changed.

Over 300 million Americans are using the English system of measurement with no trouble, and that doesn't need to be changed either, so quit being ignorant yourself.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
Over 300 million Americans are using the English system of measurement with no trouble, and that doesn't need to be changed either, so quit being ignorant yourself.

Any scientist uses metric in any case. As far as for what most people use everyday measurements (running distances, height, weight, etc) the precision of the metric system isn't particularly needed, so the imperial system works just as well. Needlessly complicated and unintuitive, but still works. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
But screen sizes are still expressed in inches :lol:

Also, the (I think it's use is widespread enough to call it international at least) measurement of time uses ridiculously complicated units that don't really have a point anymore, except the day and the year that is. Months and weeks are a complete mess. And the day/hour/minute/second conversion could be much simplier.

What kind of dumbass school doesn't teach script? Or is it only in the "special" classrooms that they don't teach it?

Well the problem with cursive writing is that most people will use it more during their education than during the rest of their life, because either they don't need to write, either they use a computer to do it. But learning cursive writing is done very early so I don't think dropping it can really save a lot of time.

Offline Advize

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
+1
What kind of dumbass school doesn't teach script? Or is it only in the "special" classrooms that they don't teach it?

When I was in grade 6 we were told to do all of our writing with pens and in cursive (or handwriting as it's called here in Canada). We were told that once we were in highschool we would have to do all of our school work in handwriting and printed work would not be accepted.

Wanna know what every single one of our grade 7 teachers told us?

"Don't write in pen, it makes it hard to do corrections. And PLEASE, whatever you do, don't write in handwriting. It's too hard to read."

Offline Baggy

• Count
  • Renown: 199
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player
  • Sup brah
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Baggy _Potato Blight_ Famine Emigration
  • IRC nick: Baggy
The archers too weak
Archers can never be too weak.