Author Topic: Why should one wear havy armor  (Read 4164 times)

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
Why should one wear havy armor
« on: June 23, 2012, 09:09:21 am »
I mean

You lose wpf, so your swing slower and move slower due to weight B UT losing wpf also mneans you hiy like a fucling paraplegic old lady since wpg also guve more damage, and that's not even count the upkeep.

So apart for being osme moron (like bobthehero, but I am totally Not_Bobthehero_Whals, so I am bot bobthehero, right?... righ!, why do you use it, feels like extra armor does not output all the negatives)

Anyways, stupid cRPG developpers, l2balance,.

Edit: why is the berer bottle empty? Alsi I am 8-3 with my archer alt and drunk out of my mind, NA sucks, guff NA!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 09:13:55 am by Bobthehero »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Mala

• Earl
  • Renown: 412
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Why should one wear havy armor
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 10:36:14 am »
Hmm, when i fight against tincans, they still swing their weapons really quick.
Sure on even grund i can run a bit faster, but during the dogfight this makes no difference, except i takes me one to three hits to kill someone in light armour and three to five hits against someone with a heavier one.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 11:03:29 am »
Hmm, when i fight against tincans, they still swing their weapons really quick.
Sure on even grund i can run a bit faster, but during the dogfight this makes no difference, except i takes me one to three hits to kill someone in light armour and three to five hits against someone with a heavier one.

Your nail cleaner knife shouldn't even be able to scratch tin cans Mala.

There is only one reason to wear plate: if you like the appearance.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 11:10:43 am »
I mean

You lose wpf, so your swing slower and move slower due to weight B UT losing wpf also mneans you hiy like a fucling paraplegic old lady since wpg also guve more damage, and that's not even count the upkeep.

So apart for being osme moron (like bobthehero, but I am totally Not_Bobthehero_Whals, so I am bot bobthehero, right?... righ!, why do you use it, feels like extra armor does not output all the negatives)

Anyways, stupid cRPG developpers, l2balance,.

Edit: why is the berer bottle empty? Alsi I am 8-3 with my archer alt and drunk out of my mind, NA sucks, guff NA!

You shouldnt post here when you're drunk, mate!  :mrgreen:
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline bosco

• Count
  • Renown: 258
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
  • Steady...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 11:32:54 am »
Although the OP was drunk at the time, his point still stands.

Offline Mala

• Earl
  • Renown: 412
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2012, 12:56:39 pm »
Your nail cleaner knife shouldn't even be able to scratch tin cans Mala.

There is only one reason to wear plate: if you like the appearance.

Yes, the inflicted cut damage is a bit unrealistic for heavy armour and sure discussible, but this is not the topic.
Heavy armour keeps you alive a lot longer in reality and in game.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2012, 01:01:26 pm »
Realistically, everyone given the option would want to wear heavy armour. But a mod with everyone with milanese would be boring, and a mod spanning 500 years of weapon development with realistically-modeled gear, well.

So we have watered-down armour; the only other "balanced" option would be to remove "late" gear such as plate and restrict yourself up to coat of plates (which was still damn effective protection) and then model armour with some realism (and even then, coat of plates would be a bit too good). Else it'd be platewars.

Btw, the big difference between armour and no armour is the amount of damage horses charging do, with 50+ armour rating unless it's a very heavy horse it's not that bad, unarmoured people get hurt a lot by good horses. There's also the difference in survivability vs ranged to some extent.
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2012, 03:49:33 pm »
I fully disagree. Armor does not have enough disadvantages. Everytime I switch to heavier armor, my performance increases. I see no reason at all to wear light armor, thinking about going heavier than my current brigandine, cause there is barely a reason not to.

Offline Wraist

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2012, 09:16:35 pm »
I fully disagree. Armor does not have enough disadvantages. Everytime I switch to heavier armor, my performance increases. I see no reason at all to wear light armor, thinking about going heavier than my current brigandine, cause there is barely a reason not to.

^. I hit a guy 5 times with a bec, I glanced my last swing and was oneshot in medium. I hit the same guy 9 times with a langes, and then glanced 3 times in a row, only to be two shot [polestagger].

The guy only blocked two attacks all together :|

Offline Vkvkvk

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2012, 05:24:25 am »

I will also be agreeing with this. Heavy armor makes you take that many more hits and the myth that it makes you slower only barely applies.

The WPF reduction doesn't matter outside of being a ranged, for weapon speed, it's so god damned minimal, the difference between 0 and 200 wpf is only like a few milliseconds so it's not that ~60 wpf lost from heavy armor that will make you lose swing speed which is consequently also why outside of being a hybrid or ranged, WM is pointless to level up to maximum.

Armor if anything in this game doesn't slow you enough, second, strenght reduces the weight penalty on speed, making strenght builds actually faster than agility builds unless said agility builds only wear very light to light armor (Anything under mail really.), I'd be happy with a huge armor weight increase across the board to actually reflect that armor is heavy, even if this game leads us to believe that it's not.

Now now, I know what some people here will think, they'll probably come to me with HURR DURR BUT PLATED GUYS CAN DO CARTWHEELS.

Stop. Fucking. Kidding. Yourself. I know that most of you guys might not quite be in the physical shape to do that kind of shit because you're too busy wasting away at video games but Cart Wheels are the easiest shit, I remember the very first time I did a cart wheel, I was 15 in PE class, was weighting 265 pounds at that point, was a big fat slob of shit that could barely run and I still pulled off a perfect cartwheel on my very first time.

I would be impressed if people wearing full plate could start fuckin' jamming and breakdancing to some medieval hip hop but that's not the case.

Not because you can do a cartwheel that you can run faster, how agile you are has absolutely nothing to do with running speed, I don't care how much training a god damned special force guy in the army that regularly run around with 80 pound of equipment has received, I'll still outrun his shit with only regular cardio training and football drills.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2012, 05:33:02 am »
carmoRPG is alive and well man. Disagree completely and think if anything it's far too effective, as Teeh, Wraits, and Vkv talk about. The benefits of heavy and even just "medium" armor are huge, even more so when you add heirloom bonuses. My opinion is that you should pay for mistakes pretty dearly, rarely if ever surviving more than 3 good hits.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2012, 05:51:00 am »
IF that's the case, then remove the high upkeep and any penalties related to wearing the armor.

quote author=Vkvkvk link=topic=34625.msg522566#msg522566 date=1340508265]
snip
[/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqC_squo6X4

The stenght reduce weight penalty hasn't been proved.

I do feel the loss of WPF in armor, I feel clumsy as hell, and my score isn't really increased when I wear the thing.

Sorry but heavy armor isn't worth it. There's a reason kuyak are the shit right now.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 05:56:15 am by Bobthehero »

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Raven_Zan
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2012, 06:10:33 am »
+1
Defend against teammates.

Offline Vkvkvk

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2012, 06:22:40 am »
IF that's the case, then remove the high upkeep and any penalties related to wearing the armor.

quote author=Vkvkvk link=topic=34625.msg522566#msg522566 date=1340508265]
snip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqC_squo6X4

The stenght reduce weight penalty hasn't been proved.

I do feel the loss of WPF in armor, I feel clumsy as hell, and my score isn't really increased when I wear the thing.

Sorry but heavy armor isn't worth it. There's a reason kuyak are the shit right now.

Too fucking bad Kuyaks are heavy armors.

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2012, 06:24:56 am »
lolno

They're 44 body armor, 10 leg armor, nowhere near heavy.