Author Topic: Hobo_With_A_Punch kicked for using fists [NA 1]  (Read 361 times)

Offline LLJK_The_Gingerbread_Man

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Hobo_With_A_Punch kicked for using fists [NA 1]
« on: June 23, 2012, 04:44:53 am »
For weeks now I've used a fist build on my alt Hobo_With_A_Punch.  I am 36/3 with 12 PS and I wear heavy armor, heavy gauntlets and I punch the shit out of people.  I always spawn with a weapon and  I do fairly well.  Tonight, for the first time, Admin Farfel decided to kick me and threaten a ban because I was using my fists.  He stated that I "wasn't contributing to the team" even though the previous map had me with a 1:1 K/D ratio and more kills than half my team.

Long story short, I've been punching people for weeks now without a problem from Admins.  I enjoy the build and I'm not leeching, I always have a weapon on me.  Please don't kick/ban me for playing a fun build.

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
Re: Hobo_With_A_Punch kicked for using fists [NA 1]
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 05:21:24 am »
This wasn't a ban, so this post is in the wrong place. Please only post here if you got banned and wish to be unbanned or want to bring to our attention someone breaking the rules. If you wish for comments on why this happened, please make a post in the corresponding thread for the admin who issued your kick located on this board. Unfortunately I'm not sure who Farfel is, so unless he posts here I'm not sure where you'd put that feedback.

As for the question of whether or not you were breaking a rule and justifiably kicked or not, I will try to answer.

The rule goes that you must spawn with a weapon. There aren't any exceptions to this, even after the fist damage changes which make punching a viable source of damage against armored opponents. You have got to spawn with a weapon. You said you did have a weapon, okay. I will say that I think it's unfair to require the use of the weapon you spawned with. No one would get kicked for spawning with one weapon and picking up another off of a dead player mid-round, for example, even if they never swung the weapon they spawned with a single time.

I wonder what exactly you were doing when you received your kick. If you're waiting for much of the round to hone in on a good target to punch to death, you might be suspected of leeching that way, even if you're just waiting for opportunities to engage. If you're too hasty, on the other hand, and run at an enemy prepared to strike and you're only cocking your arm back, it might seem as though you're suicidal, which is also leeching, even though your only mistake was to have failed with your attack.

Anyhow, this is a discussion for another section of the forums (possibly two, if you'd like to discuss the specifics of the rules more generally) so I will lock this thread.