Author Topic: Discussion about server rules. Especially CS blocking and unreachable places.  (Read 1681 times)

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,3422.0.html

You can see, that I am not punished for it, tho Vargas called CS blocking lame and silly and he said that it is against rules.

But why? i know, blocking passageways is against rules, but wait: camping unreachable places is NOT against rules, until you are willing to jump off if you are last in your team.

Now, what is unreachable place in cRPG? It is place, where you can get only by ladder. And to camp there, you had to use ladder. But hey, now its reachable! So what are you going to do? Some people would just leave ladder in peace, but no, you destroy it. So place you camp is unreachable again. As we can read in rules, IT IS NOT AGAINST RULES, until you are willing to jump off if you are last in your team.

OK. Now CS blocking. If you can get somewhere, i.e. (like in my case) go up the stairs in single ruin, it is reachable. Camping there is OK, right? But wait: camping unreachable places is NOT against rules, until you are willing to jump off if you are last in your team...

So what, if I want to make that single ruin unreachable to camp there? It is not against rules to camp unreachable place, right? I will use CS to make ruin unreachable. What now? Now I am against rules, because i blocked passageway. But hey, I still can get out, because I am that a big asshole that I will block only stairs. And i am WILLING to get out. That's what I did, if it comes to thread at the top of my post.

My question is, WHY can't I block a ruin with CS, if I am WILLING to get out? Hell, if it comes to ladder, I can, but if it comes to CS, I cant? WHY? For me, you can ban all players who do that and are delaying round by camping inside unreachable place that was made unreachable in that way, but why to punish people who are getting out when they are last or even sooner?

Discuss and answer my question. Please, don't troll. I want to know the Truth and I want to make rules clear. Why the hell you just favour ladders and hate CS blocking?

PS I am talking about blocking with CS on battle, not siege.

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
I see what you're saying and I agree with you, however I see where the devs are coming from also. The problem is, there are a lot of assholes who play and CS are unbreakable. CS, if used by a prick can be far more detrimental to the game than camping an unreachable spot with a ladder. Therefore, the devs have to come down hard on ANY use of a CS in order to show the retards in the player base that they can't be used.

So at this point I think the only thing we can do is wait for the devs to fix them. It will be nice to use them again...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
But hell, if someone doesnt jump off/get out of place blocked by himself, then report him on forums and you're done! And I always jumped off/got out of place I blocked. So WHY someone would request a "punishment" for me? Why would I ever need to be punished? I think that CS blocking, that doesnt lead to delaying or leeching (hell, I sniped down some assholes from there. remember, I used crossbow, so I werent leeching. even if i missed everything, i still shouldn't be called leecher or asshole or something, i jumped off every round when the clock was about at 2:00 left) shouldnt be punished, at least not on battle servers.

But thats my opinion.

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
It is my opinion that the style of play.. be somewhere nobody can get to you, is the epitomy of shite. Does not matter how the situation was created.. broken ladder, CS, glitch, it really leaves a stink on the game.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lennu
  • IRC nick: Lennu_
Well, I'm just giving my opinion about using ladders and using construction sites.

Ladders, one in your team sacrifices 1 inv-slot so that you team gains passage to normally unreachable part of the map. So we could say +1 advantage point for you = you are smart. But no -1 advantage points for the enemy, since they can easily just follow you.

Blocking with indestructible construction sites an important passage way, like stairs (so the other team cant even jump up) you can get +1 advantage and also, making the enemy team impossible to push forward while you can easily attack, giving the enemy team great disadvantage = -1 advantage for the enemy. There are maps where placing one single cs you can force the enemy team to go around the whole map in order to reach you. So I guess there goes the line, too many +1s' and -1s' :P
Ofc, on original native maps most roofs are unreachable, and they are meant to be so. But in CRPG there are many new maps, and the mappers have been very aware of the ladders that players can use. So I think that those "If it's unreachable, you're not even meant to go there"-arguments are quite invalid.

But about camping ruins like that with a cs, I think it's more like camping a roof with no ladders up. Not a big deal, unless you're the last man standing or the flags happen to spawn there. Someone should have just shot you down.  :lol:

But about the ladder camp. I find it quite annoying to find out that from the last 10 remaining enemies 9 are camping an unreachable roof and 1 running away like an animal molester caught redhanded. But hells, next round I'll just take ladders and sneak up to that roof to chop off some heads. Possibly I'll take a sheep with me so I can use it as a bait when killing that last guy....

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Lennu, it seems that you see my point.

But about camping ruins like that with a cs, I think it's more like camping a roof with no ladders up. Not a big deal, unless you're the last man standing or the flags happen to spawn there. Someone should have just shot you down.  :lol:

Exactly. Let me do that, because I am going to jump off as soon as there is almost noone else alive in my team or even sooner.
If I won't jump off, admin should punish me. If there isn't any admin, report me, so i will get punished for delaying.

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
But hell, if someone doesnt jump off/get out of place blocked by himself, then report him on forums and you're done! And I always jumped off/got out of place I blocked. So WHY someone would request a "punishment" for me? Why would I ever need to be punished? I think that CS blocking, that doesnt lead to delaying or leeching (hell, I sniped down some assholes from there. remember, I used crossbow, so I werent leeching. even if i missed everything, i still shouldn't be called leecher or asshole or something, i jumped off every round when the clock was about at 2:00 left) shouldnt be punished, at least not on battle servers.

But thats my opinion.

Again Dravic, I totally agree with you and think that you were being entirely reasonable. You just have to blame the few assholes that ruined it for everybody. Because of that, using construction sites AT ALL is a bannable offense. (At least on the NA servers) Does it suck? Yes, but we have to live with it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lennu
  • IRC nick: Lennu_
using construction sites AT ALL is a bannable offense. (At least on the NA servers) Does it suck? Yes, but we have to live with it.

Well, that sucks really. Building a healing tent while playing as a defender on siege (at least on some castles) has proved actually to be quite useful. Instead of risking to die (like 2% of hp left) and waiting those 30secs, you can run back to flag (that's where we usually built it) and heal :D   
Ofc this takes some coordination, but gathering those 25 building materials is easy once you get at least 5 guys to work with you, preferably via ts or sumting.

Edit:

Also, placing cs to make it harder for enemy cav to charge is quite useful, and perfectly legal for what I know.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 08:15:05 pm by Lennu »

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it

But thats my opinion.

+1
Professional poop cleaner

Offline Adam_Bomb

• Knight
  • Renown: 54
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Im_With_Stupid, Someones_Alt
As someone who enjoys bringing a ladder to play with, I can tell you that 99% of the time my ladder gets broken, its by the other team.  Most times they don't even make an attempt to come up and get me.  Then they turn around and whine about not being able to reach me.  I follow ladder etiquette as best I can, but the other team should at least do their due diligence and not just kill the ladder and expect me to jump down right away because of it.
I don't know how you can watch with_stupid, every time i see him play i want to put infants in a blender.

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Hah. Adam, as for that situation, remember one thing:

ADMINS have stated it. If enemy broke your ladder, you're NOT forced to get off.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Hah. Adam, as for that situation, remember one thing:

ADMINS have stated it. If enemy broke your ladder, you're NOT forced to get off.

For EU, on the NA ATS servers, you have to get off.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Adam_Bomb

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
I play in NA.  So I have to hop off as soon as some A-hole breaks the ladder?? Sorry but thats BS, I've played around 1000 hours of crpg without anyone ever trying to ban or kick me, so meh, I'm going to keep playing as I've played.
I don't know how you can watch with_stupid, every time i see him play i want to put infants in a blender.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
I play in NA.  So I have to hop off as soon as some A-hole breaks the ladder?? Sorry but thats BS, I've played around 1000 hours of crpg without anyone ever trying to ban or kick me, so meh, I'm going to keep playing as I've played.

You only have to hop off if there are no more friendlies in a reachable place.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Adam_Bomb

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Ah ok, well i already do that :)