Author Topic: Fix list  (Read 35296 times)

Offline Lorn

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lorn
  • IRC nick: Lorn
Re: Fix list
« Reply #180 on: January 06, 2011, 09:54:11 am »
Yeah, no more 1-shotting everyone not in plate, and 2-shotting plate guys.  This is a GOOD thing.

I never 2 shot plate...more like 4-6 shots actually.

On another note; Longstride I think something is up with your wpf....
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Waylit

• Knight
  • Renown: 46
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: chinaserf1
« Reply #181 on: January 06, 2011, 09:56:31 am »
Remove upkeep.  It changes the game from something that can be played casually into SERIOUS BUSINESS.  I didn't spend time earning higher level stuff so that I cannot use any of it because my cash is low.

Honestly, there are some players that are not hurt at ALL by the upkeep simply because they are unemployed and have done nothing but play cRPG to earn fat stacks of gold.  Now those people are the ones unbalancing the game! I would VERY much prefer a "fantasy field" full of plated ultraknights than a bunch of medium armors vs a few ultraknights.

This hurts the game for those of us that hop on and play for 15 minutes before leaving for work or whatever it is.  Not that chadz gives a damn about us...or anyone. ;) 

But I'd say leave the upkeep to Strategus if you love the concept so much.  Let players keep a personal set they can use on the battlefield of Strategus that has a chance to be damaged every time they die with it on. Then they pay upkeep...or get weapons the usual way.  That way, the upkeep is a game mechanic for serious players, and cRPG retains its arcade feel.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 10:01:04 am by Waylit »

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #182 on: January 06, 2011, 09:59:32 am »
Yea, Gorath is again giving us a valuable insight in how the patch development is done here:

"Oh, archers seem to be overpowered, we need to nerf them."
"Nah, lets just fuck them in the ass (without lube) and then disembowel them - they derserve it because those bitches killed me so often."

Yea.

Someone was apparently a lolarrowspam archer rather than a skilled one.   :lol:
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Lamix

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 06, 2011, 10:00:12 am »
*Rep cost too high for a fullset of midlevel gear.

*Archery nerf was too much, make wpf bouns again or change back to pierce.

*Horse Bump TOOO much dmg i got run over by a dest and killed in 1 bump fair enough i had no armour but c'mon had 12 str 4 ironflesh, don't even get me started on chargers.

*Friendly horse bumps, this has no negative impact on the rider too many are riding round and still charging through melee battles to get kills while running everyone team and enemy alike down. (could keep damage but make it also stop the horse or and automated msg that says in chat Sry i'm a douche please poll me.

*The no boundry xp/gold rate is making a lot of games last really long too many ninjas running around for ages seen quite a lot more draws from people just too far out to get back in time.(plus note alteast you get somthing for a draw :D)

*The upkeep system has some errors i paid upkeep on an item i looted but no longer had 3 rounds after picking it up :/

Thanks for youre time.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 10:03:02 am by Lamix »

Offline HexBag

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: HexBag/HexMurder
« Reply #184 on: January 06, 2011, 10:04:54 am »
I play Mount & Blade series close to 3 years now if not more
My regret is that i stopped playing M&B Warband and i only found out about cRPG a couple of weeks ago, because its a brilliant mod

This is what i think could be improved :

1.archery aim and damage are extremely reduced, i dont mind the fire rate nerf, its quite realistic and accurate, archers are normaly quite squishy but they need damage otherwise their useless, if you take the damage/aim away from archery they become cannon fodder. Please remember that archery in medieval warfare was very effective, Turks, Mongols, Brits used it with great prestige. But i agree that archery was a bit over the top and very unbalancing, maybe you can find a term in beetween wich is good for everyone.

2.bows compared to crossbows its like a kitchen knife and a bastard sword, many archers want to roll pure xbowman if archery remains unbalanced as it is. With that you will have less archers but more xbowman, if your idea of an archer was already awfull, now imagine them all using Xbows (lol), it would be terrible and completly ruin cRPG, you couldnt walk outside, you would be bolted to a tree in matter of seconds. Xbow was a random weapon at best, out of 10 players 2-3 used xbow, if you dont change archery , out of 10 players you will have 3-6 with a xbow !

3.upkeep in a long run may leave everyone butt naked on the field, so a reduction in cost could be altered, winnig players also damage their gear please dont make upkeep a penalty for the losing side, it unbalances the game alot as you can see from Siege Mode. Also upkeep is nerfing new players to cRPG, my advice would be that only after a certain lvl you would pay upkeep, this will serve as a tutorial and a introduction to cRPG, where the new player can shape and build his characther until (say) lvl 5-10 and from there fully integrate in Mod gameplay mechanic.

4.tincans/cav. will suffer the most from all the people in the patch , because their are very dependable on their gear and they wont be able to upkeep it
some ppl are reporting upkeeps over 20k and more wich is insane. I must confess i like tincans and cavs, without them i wont have anything to shoot at, so i want them there ready and able pls

5.cav. is almost impossible to defeat, mainly because archery nerf, player skill is obvioulsy taken in consideration but, horse is the best weapon money can buy atm in cRPG

*6.When you log into cRPG EU_1, the welcome post is now "YOU WILL BE BANNED IF YOU AFK " or smthng like that, it clearly shows that patch is unbalanced and ppl are trying to adapt the best they can, but they fail so they afk.

This is all i remember for now, ill post more if i come across some other stuff that may need tweaking so we can debate it
Ty

edit:*
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 12:12:11 pm by HexBag »

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #185 on: January 06, 2011, 10:08:58 am »
Bring back the old boulder model... This long great maul is ugly as shit man
Turtles

Offline Trout4711

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: Too many. Fucking Alt-titis
« Reply #186 on: January 06, 2011, 10:10:39 am »
Someone was apparently a lolarrowspam archer rather than a skilled one.   :lol:

It seems that the sole reason for the state of the game is that the patch was just a giant trollpost by chadz and friends.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 10:11:56 am by Trout4711 »

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #187 on: January 06, 2011, 10:14:46 am »
It seems that the sole reason for the state of the game is that the patch was just a giant trollpost by chadz and friends.
Are you mad?  You sound mad.
 :lol:
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Lorn

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lorn
  • IRC nick: Lorn
« Reply #188 on: January 06, 2011, 10:25:20 am »

OH NOES!!! HE HAS DISCOVERED THE SECRET!!!!!!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
« Reply #189 on: January 06, 2011, 10:33:48 am »
Remove upkeep.

But I'd say leave the upkeep to Strategus if you love the concept so much.  Let players keep a personal set they can use on the battlefield of Strategus that has a chance to be damaged every time they die with it on. Then they pay upkeep...or get weapons the usual way.  That way, the upkeep is a game mechanic for serious players, and cRPG retains its arcade feel.

+1

I support this idea. It would make equipment earned in crpg available in strat, but with attached maintenance cost, while not burdening crpg-only players with a cumbersome, non-fun bill to pay every time they log on.
Quote from: Godfrey of Ibelin
I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicle.

Offline Robin_Longstride

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Robin_Longstride
« Reply #190 on: January 06, 2011, 10:34:49 am »
I never 2 shot plate...more like 4-6 shots actually.

On another note; Longstride I think something is up with your wpf....

HUH ????? what's wrong .... ????

and when i says 2 arrow on tincan it in the head ... he did not die ! sorry my fault ! for get a word ....
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 10:38:12 am by Robin_Longstride »
" its better to remain silent and have people think you're stupid then to speak and remove all doubt."

Offline Trout4711

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: Too many. Fucking Alt-titis
« Reply #191 on: January 06, 2011, 10:37:02 am »
Nah, more like resigned.

I'll just stop playing until chadz has figured out that mythical creature called "balance" and its ugly sister "bugfixing".

Offline NuberT

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: NuberT_HRE
  • IRC nick: NuberT_HRE
« Reply #192 on: January 06, 2011, 10:37:59 am »
Make annoying stuff more expensive like x-bows, plated charger, throwing weapons so their upkeep rises and we see less of them

Make melee stuff less expensive esp. 2h swords so they can even use them again :shock:

Offline OrientalHero

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 06, 2011, 11:40:02 am »
The new archer animation is cool. Reminds me of English Warbows video where 150 pound longbows are being used.
However I'm undecided about the archery accuracy nerf.
You see, the Shield area has been reduced. I'm getting better headshots/legshots around shields now. Which also indicates that it's not inaccurate if I'm able to hit what I'm aiming at. OTOH, if I'm that close it should be fairly accurate!
BTW 132 archery level 25.

Oh and a friend of mine was whinging about how slow his archer was, but with his main character (a thrower) was complaining about the arrow storm on a siege map - lol.

I think someone else's post about waiting at least 2 weeks is a good idea.

The reduced riding skill is good (only 1/3 AGI instead of 1/6). means most of the tincans on a horse won't be whirling 2h dervishes when they fall off as they don't need 36 agi to afford the mamluk.
More people other than tin cans will have horses though, but that's also balanced by the friendly trample implementation.

That increase of horse riders is countered by the cost as most ppl don't realise how expensive horses are!! 20k for a saranid horse = 4k upkeep! and that's only riding 4 requirement. it's definitely my biggest expense!

regards upkeep, make both winning and losing sides have upkeep. However that makes the winning teams only bonus the multiplier which means they will drag out the next round.... perhaps slightly reduced upkeep the winning team??

Offline Tai Feng

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 06, 2011, 12:06:27 pm »
I love new archer animation too :)

*6.When you log into cRPG EU_1, the welcome post is now "YOU WILL BE BANNED IF YOU AFK " or smthng like that, it clearly shows that patch is unbalanced and ppl are trying to adapt the best they can, but they fail so they afk.

Actually it clearly shows how your points are flawed as a result of not enough thinking.

I will not bother with the rest of your post, I'll just demonstrate it on this part. People AFKing has nothing to do with their inability to adapt. It is a result of "gold per minute" instead of "gold per proximity" system. Siege mode had the same system pre-patch, and it also had 'no afk' rule. Why? Because you get gold regardless of your activity. You can stand still and still earn gold. Now you have the same in Battle.
Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.

Imperial army: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4muBipy9-Q