Author Topic: Fix list  (Read 35298 times)

Offline Tornkik

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Fix list
« Reply #165 on: January 06, 2011, 04:10:59 am »
After playing a while more the repair doesn't bother me so much, but PLEASE make it not random. Base it on some factor!

Offline Tritan

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 06, 2011, 04:12:20 am »
After playing a while more the repair doesn't bother me so much, but PLEASE make it not random. Base it on some factor!

agree 100% it shouldn't be random,

it should be a guaranteed 2% of total gear or something like that.

Offline Beans

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: USA
  • Game nicks: USA_MEATMERCHANT_AMERICA
« Reply #167 on: January 06, 2011, 04:14:13 am »
Please for the love of god change riding skill!!! horses are going at speed of sound!

Agreed riding skill needs to go back, it's pretty fucking silly now

Offline Ganon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ganon, Linkk
« Reply #168 on: January 06, 2011, 04:39:02 am »
The most important problem is it's impossible to earn gold unless you fight naked. Repair costs and frequency are unbalanced (it should take less gold to repair and they should break less often), and completely random. Earned gold/xp is fixed and doesn't take anything you do into account.

Offline Viceroy

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shihan, Valgard_the_Grim
« Reply #169 on: January 06, 2011, 05:27:09 am »
The most important problem is it's impossible to earn gold unless you fight naked. Repair costs and frequency are unbalanced (it should take less gold to repair and they should break less often), and completely random. Earned gold/xp is fixed and doesn't take anything you do into account.

Ive been earning a lot of gold and have been in my normal gear. What's impossible about it?

Offline ViiKOLD

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 06, 2011, 05:31:34 am »
1) Please make PS as requirement for weapon (again hi agi archers with flamberge and similar shit that they can loot from others).

2) Upkeep idea is super cool but item degradation should have more clear meaning. 7-8 rounds, at most had two different items to repair at the same time, last round I was a last surviver, cutted some heads and got to a 2-nd place in map, cool but .... all what I had on me degraded... 8k in total, damn, that feels really frustating.

It would be more reasonable for upkeep to have a percentage from a cost of all your gear, just make it charge for each 15 minutes of gameplay for example or something like that. More expensive gear you have - more you pay to keep it in good shape, sell what you don't use, buy what you can afford.  Not sure that this is a good idea either but current one is a bit frustating.

3) Please set arrows damage back to piercing or do the same for xbows

4) Fix siege ))

Offline Ghimel

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 06, 2011, 07:39:27 am »
I don't even understand the reason for upkeep.  Makes it more interesting?  More realistic?  I don't understand.

If it is to balance tin cans carrying 2h swords or becs, then it's a misdirected attempt at fixing a problem without looking at the real issue, which isn't the amount of armor they have, but the fact that they can even move on foot.  When I first played this mod, I chuckled a bit to myself when I saw a black armor wearing guy chase down a peasant and proceed to kill them with a sword and shield with lightning fast speed.

I don't know if anyone else paid attention in school, but that kind of armor was only meant to be used on a horse...  a 10 year could outrun anyone decked out in plate.  The fact that they can swing weapons with any amount of speed is kind of ridiculous.  It'd be like C-3P0 on speed.  Why that armor doesn't have some sort of enormous movement and swing speed penalty is beyond me...  but therein lies your problem - dudes running around in the heaviest of armor, swinging the heaviest of weapons with no penalty.  It's just silly.  Fix that and your tin can problem is gone.

Offline The_Newer_Wind

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 06, 2011, 07:47:53 am »
The plate armors should be much heavier! Because people in plate run faster than peasents in linen shirts!

Offline Thomas Dixon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • Order Of The Lance
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order Of The Lance
« Reply #173 on: January 06, 2011, 07:49:09 am »
do archers get a penalty if they have power strike ??

Offline Lorn

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lorn
  • IRC nick: Lorn
« Reply #174 on: January 06, 2011, 08:08:01 am »
do archers get a penalty if they have power strike ??

Of course, and melee get a penalty if they get riding or power throw!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Robin_Longstride

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Robin_Longstride
« Reply #175 on: January 06, 2011, 08:39:32 am »
Here my stat ....  im Lvl 30

Strength   15   
Agility   23   

One Handed   1   [1 WPF cost]
Two Handed   25   [1 WPF cost]
Polearm   1   [1 WPF cost]
Archery   155   [10 WPF cost]
Crossbow   1   [1 WPF cost]
Throwing   1   [1 WPF cost]

Ironflesh   0   
Power Strike   5   
Shield   0   
Athletics   7   
Riding   0   
Horse Archery   0   
Power Draw   5   
Power Throw   0   
Weapon master *   7

im still an archer !

and i think archers have been nerf to much ... more slow .... i dont care .....  thats fine ! and animation are fine ...

BUT

things i think is rediculous : .... no more accuracy ....  ?!?!?!? and 2 Bodkin Arrows with my strong bow .... agains a TINCAN at close range IN THE HEAD  .... he did not die ?!?!?!? I was like .... WHAT !!!!!!!! WEIRD
And if those tincan or every one else , are not happy about being head shoted or simply being shot by bow ... get a sheild ... they are there for that ...you take a risk without it and you know that !

The plate armors should be much heavier! Because people in plate run faster than peasents in linen shirts!
+1

I saw a plate armor run almost faster then I !?!?!??! WEIRD

XBOW .... well to have a sword, xbow, bolts, AND A XBOW AGAIN ....  2 Xbow ..... Dont know if it's posible to do something about that ....

And sorry for my English !

« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 10:40:10 am by Robin_Longstride »
" its better to remain silent and have people think you're stupid then to speak and remove all doubt."

Offline Kong Ming

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • cRPG Player
  • Strength is but only one aspect of power.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eastern Tsardom
  • Game nicks: Barely_Legal, Anastasia, Hua_Xiong
« Reply #176 on: January 06, 2011, 09:03:31 am »
Other than that, archer nerfs may be a little excessive, but it is easy to deal with it....unless your a POS build whore like Kesh who has absolutely no skill as an archer so thus he has to whine and whine about how he was nerfed. Sorry, no more easy mode for you, now GTFO!

Wow, Kesh.  Lorn does this like every other post.  What did you do?  Sleep with his mother?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
« Reply #177 on: January 06, 2011, 09:19:22 am »
heres TWO ACTUAL bugs and not just whine about a nerf (please read chadz)

if you loot someones weapon, make it through a round and die with it you can pay upkeep for their item

I'll repeat that because it sounded important and hopefully will be fixed

IF YOU LOOT SOMEONES ITEM YOU CAN END UP PAYING UPKEEP FOR THEIR SHIT WTF LOL

also some weapons don't show up ingame, notably my balanced katana only appears on website

Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #178 on: January 06, 2011, 09:30:27 am »
and 2 Bodkin Arrows with my strong bow .... agains a TINCAN at close range  .... he did not die ?!?!?!? I was like .... WHAT !!!!!!!!

Yeah, no more 1-shotting everyone not in plate, and 2-shotting plate guys.  This is a GOOD thing.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Trout4711

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: Too many. Fucking Alt-titis
« Reply #179 on: January 06, 2011, 09:44:59 am »
Yeah, no more 1-shotting everyone not in plate, and 2-shotting plate guys.  This is a GOOD thing.
Yea, Gorath is again giving us a valuable insight in how the patch development is done here:

"Oh, archers seem to be overpowered, we need to nerf them."
"Nah, lets just fuck them in the ass (without lube) and then disembowel them - they derserve it because those bitches killed me so often."

Yea.