Author Topic: If This Isn't Ovpowered, Why Isn't it?  (Read 7292 times)

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: If This Isn't Ovpowered, Why Isn't it?
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2012, 08:53:26 am »
Umm, some of you are obviously missing the part where I said I'm wearing 46 body armor. That is not light armor. That's as much as one of the new Brigandines or the other red armor. I also have 7 Ironflesh.

Zisa, then learn to beat it. So what I got that score with a Great Maul? I actually block.

Offline Froto_the_Loc

• Count
  • Renown: 252
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • CRaPGame
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Locia
  • Game nicks: Froto_the_loc
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2012, 08:58:37 am »
Tests.
Wear a brigandine and have him hit you again.
Or thank god for all the times that guy has ever missed.
Hooray for customization and hybridization!
Down with monotonous pure classes!

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2012, 09:02:15 am »
46 body is nothing. Get over 50 body armor,more you have,the better is.
But i must say throwing weapons deal big dmg even if you wear heavy armor. It should stay that way because as trower you have only 4-5 throwing weapons,so only few chances to kill something.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2012, 09:19:10 am »
+4
Also depends on relative speed bonuses, if he threw the axe from height at you, axes being slow the speed bonus extra is huge. Same if you run into it; the extra speed bonus makes more of a difference then if you were, eg. running towards a crossbow or bow.

Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline FrugFrug

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB Mascot
  • Game nicks: FrugFrug Owl_Beard
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2012, 10:09:08 am »
+4
Judging by the picture, I'm pretty sure that axe hit your legs which have much less armor. (The axe hitboxes are so horrible it's hard to tell sometimes)

If it did hit your chest it would need a pretty decent speed bonus to do that much, I know you have high agility/athletics so if you were running at him when it hit it could do that much, especially if he was moving towards you too. (Looks like you have about 20-25 health left meaning he did 45-50 damage.)

Edit:
Chucky has 9 athletics, so if you ever are running at him while he runs at you, expect to get hit for a ton of damage.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 10:16:34 am by FrugFrug »

Offline Vkvkvk

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2012, 10:13:13 am »
(not crutcher, you fuckhead)

What am I reading here, has Bob lost his mind?

Mentionning "STR build" (30/9 no less, maybe a bit more agi now) and "plate armor" and "not crutcher" in the same sentence? Good fucking lord.

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2012, 10:17:21 am »
+7
As a near-primary thrower, I often find myself using 3 - 4 throwing axes on people in most medium to light armor when I have 37 strength and 12 power throw, in fact, I usually have to finish them off with my fist (which seems to do more damage than my throwing weapons.)

Even against an archer who has no iron flesh, is wearing a linen shirt and a straw hat, I can put up to four heavy throwing axes into their torso and just watch them dally over to cover and continue to shoot my teammates from a different angle, which I often find quite irritating considering that means I often dispatch six or seven into someone with Kuyak before they die.  And my most frequent killer is the dreaded two-hander in his heavy kuyak and Vaegir helmet screaming out in anger as I franticly throw axe after axe after axe into his torso and face before he finally approaches me and lops my head off with the hilt of his sword after doing a 360 jump spin that warps his hitbox to a dot of quantum proportions, making my projectile fly through his body while I use my last breath to curse inability to switch to melee mode because I'm apparently so scared by the wandering behemoth that my limbs are frozen to the point that I'm uncapable of lifting my axe.

But you know, maybe I'm just new.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2012, 10:24:02 am »
+3
It really depends on the speeds and such. Axes are one of the slowest throwing weapons (in regard to flight speed), so they also profit the most (or suffer the most, depending) from speed bonuses. So if you axe someone running or riding at you, the damage can be very massive due to the axe's slow flightspeed.

On the other hand, axe someone who is running away from you, and you will do negligible damage. Riding away from you? Waste of throwing axe, if you hit by some miracle.
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Uumdi

• Duke
  • Renown: 651
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Ready to Die
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Uumdi_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Uumdi
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2012, 10:32:07 am »
+3
Throwing's fine, axes are the most appropriate ones too, aside from the stupid hitboxes.  If anything gets nerfed don't touch throwing - the ammo count is already sparse.  Remember when +3 Throwing Lances were 3 per stack?  There's a screenshot somewhere of an ATS guy standing on some ruins with like 6 corpses surrounding him, because you used to be able to carry a huscarl shield and 9 MW Throwing Lances.

Throwers add great variety to the game and are a respectable alternative to pure ranged.  One of the few classes that can still hybrid and do decent, and you need to throw 12 of your points into WM and PT in order to do it, sacrificing some IF, or IF in its entirety.  Dock the damage by 1 or 2, ok fine,  but 1/3 like smooth said?  Just delete them from the game registry at that point.  Disgusting suggestion.  Go fuck with the Rus Bow instead.

Ten shots of prayers, ten shots a day
A shot of thrill to hide the pain.
They can`t win, they just don`t cry,
The troopers know they live to die.

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2012, 10:44:55 am »
What am I reading here, has Bob lost his mind?

Mentionning "STR build" (30/9 no less, maybe a bit more agi now) and "plate armor" and "not crutcher" in the same sentence? Good fucking lord.

Bob is also playing with a 1h no sword and in first person >:U

And I do well on my alts, at least in my opinion, they're not strenght build.

Not everyone who use a strenght build is a crutcher, I've been using my build even when agi builds ruled, used to be a 24-12 shielder at first, because of the shitty ping :(
And I use my plate because, well I like the look of plate armor, the only reason why I am not using it is because I am level 33 and there's the fucking upkeep, sure I hate the nerfs its been getting, but eh, I'll deal with it and range on the forums nontheless.
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2009
  • Infamy: 1715
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2012, 10:53:01 am »
Buff throwing hammers, the more manly option for throwers.

Do you have any idea how much those hurt?

I agree with Miley, to hell with this throwing bullshit.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2012, 10:54:09 am »
+2
Do you have any idea how much those hurt?

I agree with Miley, to hell with this throwing bullshit.

Yes I have. Tested it on my 10 PT thrower and throwing axes killed A LOT faster. Even people in medium/low armor took 2 hammers + (unloomed)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2701
  • Infamy: 2489
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2012, 11:02:19 am »
That still hurts. I hate throwing therefore my stand is that it shouldn't hurt at all. Throwing is the lamest type of ranged class we have in game and I'll never support it. Even a monkey can be a thrower and call himself skilled player.

The most random thing in this game is throwing. Also stupid.

Like we don't have enough ranged crap flying around so we need strong throwers as well.

They say they are support, that pikes are support, shields are support, so are archers, xbowmen etc.

Only support in this mod is freaking melee weapon, no matter of which type because it's only used when those "dedicated" weapons mentioned in last sentence fail.

We have a lot of infantry but dedicated infantry is scarce. And I'm for hybrids but not ranged/melee or cav/melee hybrids because we have so many of them already. I want to see buff for melee/melee hybrids.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2012, 11:04:43 am »
+3
Still doesn't hurt nearly as much as xbow shots. Most of the times xbows take half of my health with a body shot, 22 STR, 7 IF and 63 body armor.

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2012, 11:11:21 am »
A thrower can throw pretty quickly however.
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art