Author Topic: New Autoblock banwave incoming?  (Read 21699 times)

Offline callahan9119

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Callahan9119
Re: New Autoblock banwave incoming?
« Reply #180 on: June 18, 2012, 07:47:16 pm »
+1
dont know but i wasnt given a fair chance just got a perm ban when ive been playing the game for a long time and have dont 1 thing wrong in the hole time ive played it which is like for 1 year and have recommend this mod to so many people who have played it. and like i said love this mod best Mod/game out there and will miss it.

You cheated and used hax in a multiplayer game, MM or whatever you claim it was used on. You deserve the ban, personally I think anybody caught should have been perma banned. You know you used it in cRPG. You should be banned forever.

FOREVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Hello

Offline Rdhardy

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
  • Play for fun XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 18, 2012, 07:48:20 pm »
yea like i said id under stand if i had been banned many time before but i havent ive been a good player and respect all players. yes ive cheated with the auto-block so ban for for 1 week but do i really deserve perm ban for it? if most of you think i should then i would understand and ill leave it at that
R.Hardy

Offline callahan9119

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Callahan9119
« Reply #182 on: June 18, 2012, 07:52:50 pm »
yea like i said id under stand if i had been banned many time before but i havent ive been a good player and respect all players. yes ive cheated with the auto-block so ban for for 1 week but do i really deserve perm ban for it? if most of you think i should then i would understand and ill leave it at that

Yes, you should be banned forever. Buy a new cd key and start over.
Hello

Offline Rdhardy

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • Play for fun XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 18, 2012, 07:54:00 pm »
+1
well its a shame been fun and good luck CRPG  :D
R.Hardy

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #184 on: June 18, 2012, 07:55:25 pm »
+15
either way

(click to show/hide)

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #185 on: June 18, 2012, 08:01:17 pm »
+1
He's probably a gorilla shaman (if you read 'Duncton Wood', 'Duncton Found' you get where I am coming from), thus unfamiliar with the social mores of internet gaming.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #186 on: June 18, 2012, 08:04:33 pm »
+1
you must be the adhd guy from teamspeak the other night...talks just like he types (never shuts up and just run on sentences).

nobody else is amazed I was able to quote cmp before he actually posted?  cmon now
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #187 on: June 18, 2012, 08:37:38 pm »
+6
Hi, I'm garison.

You may know me from the marketplace thread or the ban essay thread where I try to vouch for people and convince admins to be lenient with their punishments. 

TKs, TWs, kicking teamies off ledges, leeching.... I always say these things are minor offenses and should be dealt with using only kicks and light bans, no matter how many times they are committed.  That may leave some people asking "well if all those are minor offenses, what ISN'T a minor offense?"

Cheating is a major offense.  Even someone like me says ban.  Sorry I don't see any one taking your side on this one. :)

Offline Rdhardy

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • Play for fun XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 18, 2012, 08:47:38 pm »
+1
yep but i can bet ive only got maybe 1 hour or 2 i didnt even it install for that long  :?
R.Hardy

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #189 on: June 18, 2012, 08:50:32 pm »
+6
I see it as a black and white issue because it is a black and white issue. There are basically two options. You played the game legit, even if that means you sucked giant balls, or you deliberately went out of your way to download a third party program that makes the game easier by giving you an unfair advantage over other players. The only time when that second option is acceptable is (how BlindGuy pointed out) to test it and forwarning the devs. The ammount of time it was used is practically irrelevant.
Kulin, if you think being a complete noob and sucking at the game is 1- the fault of "elite" snobs making the game inaccessible or 2- a legitimate reason to cheat, you are an idiot. Only reason for you to be saying this is because one of your friends probably got caught.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #190 on: June 18, 2012, 08:53:39 pm »
+1
There are basically two options. You played the game legit, even if that means you sucked giant balls, or you deliberately went out of your way to download a third party program that makes the game easier by giving you an unfair advantage over other players.

Why is gaining an unfair advantage with a third party program worse than gaining an unfair advantage by means of an internal exploit?
Also black and white is silly. Saying cheating for 2 minutes is the same as cheating for 3 months is like saying stealing a bag of chips from the store is the same thing as robbing a bank because in both cases you are stealing: WTF.

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #191 on: June 18, 2012, 08:54:29 pm »
+9
Which is an incredibly stupid way to deal with it, because it doesn't differentiate the guy who used it for the last 3 months from the guy who tried it once for an hour.
The former is a cheating scumbag, the latter might be a guy who made a stupid "mistake" who in no way worse than a serial leecher (hardly permabannable) or a repeat TKer (permabannable after several offenses).
If someone thinks there is no difference between the two, he's either too dumb to understand or suffers from severe infallibility complex.

IMO - You can't compare leeching or team-killing to actual cheating via software.

There's a difference in going around team killing people, or even leeching, as to going to a website, downloading a program and then using that program to gain a serious 100% game-breaking advantage, downloading of cheat software is done with clear malicious intent, where-as even someone like a serial team-killer might be doing it due to emotions, not even with clear intent. There is no "downloading by mistake" or "just wanted to test it" excuse to using cheats. You downloaded a program, ran it on your PC, and cheated. You're outta here. Hardware ban for life.

Leechers and team-killers are maybe a 0.00001% issue on the game-breaking scale, where as IMO auto-blocker is 100% game-breaking.

No remorse, no mercy.

Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #192 on: June 18, 2012, 08:57:54 pm »
+1
I think this is a mostly black and white issue... mostly.

However the gray comes with mods and things people like to add.  Think about those mods that make projectiles easier to see, that changes the aiming reticule (something I recently downloaded and enjoy).  I'm sure there are mods that reduce clutter from props & stuff in game, which probably give an advantage to some people if they are fighting in tall fields/brush and whatever.

I think there is a fine line here, because there are people who enjoy tinkering with games and seeing what can be done with them... exactly the same sort of people who would probably mod cRPG for example.

BUT

There are also people who aren't willing to invest time into the game's learning curve, or can't handle losing, or who don't feel a pang of guilt for cheating in an online game.  Those people often get mixed up with the group that try to modify things "because they can". 

For me personally I think seeking out and installing an autoblock hack is a pretty clear violation... you can find lots of fun mods on the taleworlds website & other "wholesome" locations, whereas you need to be actively searching for the more malicious stuff.   

TLDR I'm not really saying much of anything... I personally would permaban all autoblock hackers, but I understand the reasons behind not doing so for all cases.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 09:01:41 pm by MrShine »
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 18, 2012, 08:58:00 pm »
+9
Internal exploits are due to faulty game mechanics or lack of admin oversight, and as such they can't fully be blamed on the cheater, although enough for kicks/temporary bans or perma bans for repeated offenses. A 3rd party program deliberately designed to automate a large part of the gameplay is not the same.

edit: to keep up with your stealing analogy cmp, a leecher is a petty thief. Actual cheats are probably the most immoral things you can do in a gaming community, so a cheater is more or less the equivalent of a rapist. It's like determining a raper's guilt by how long and hard he raped his victim. It shouldn't really matter, the very act itself is repulsive and demands justice.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 09:16:50 pm by Oberyn »

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 18, 2012, 09:03:15 pm »
+4
I've never done any of that. Neither I'm sure have the vast majority of the people shitting all over the cunt cheaters in this thread. Try again?