Author Topic: Best xbowmen in NA  (Read 4846 times)

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
Re: Best xbowmen in NA
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2011, 03:10:29 am »
Duc volpe. Just because i have seen him on a lot when im playing.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 03:11:42 am by Havoco »
Pock gobblers

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2011, 04:36:32 am »
They sure play more. I just laugh every time i see the word "operator"

That's the idea behind it!
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2011, 09:55:18 am »
I have a lot of fun shoot outs with Darkkarma, Weebo, and Mortimor.

Offline Kryser

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Teutonic
  • Game nicks: TwoTon_Feuer
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2011, 02:43:11 pm »
My poll would go for Duc-Volpe, Karma, weebo, and tankmen. THese guys are fun to spectate and protect. 2v6 for that healthy multi- ..... vitamin  :)
Again, it was good fun playing with you guys. Kryser is one of the funniest motherfuckers I ever met btw. Cheesy Biscuits.

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hope you like arrows...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: -
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2011, 05:02:58 pm »
Who is best Xbowmen is same as saying who is best Insester, its dirty, immoral, and should not be glorified. Xbowmen are the scum of crpg, and should not recieve good karma for being the best "I fucking fail so hard I will DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO GET A KILL" player.
Bamboo Bundle Bowman: 90'' draw, groups at 200 yards.

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2011, 05:22:15 pm »
Who is best Xbowmen is same as saying who is best Insester, its dirty, immoral, and should not be glorified. Xbowmen are the scum of crpg, and should not recieve good karma for being the best "I fucking fail so hard I will DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO GET A KILL" player.
I'd make an exception for the few dedicated xbows out there who actually have WPF in xbows and can shoot the crap out of me, but otherwise:
+1000

xbow was, is and always will be a peasant weapon. 
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2011, 05:43:49 pm »

Hey now shush, we Archers need to keep this reputation of being a "'I fucking fail so hard I will DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO GET A KILL' player."

Don't you dare take that away from us.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hope you like arrows...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: -
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2011, 05:53:10 pm »
I play all the weapons, archery being the most difficult. Xbow being the 2nd easiest, after 1h swordandboard, the real easiest. But seeing as you can combine those 2 classes without any negatives, so....1h sword 'n' board with xbow.....makes me wanna ask that player why they are in this game, when they surely cannot see its greatness: The archery mechanic, the blocking mechanics, and play only its worse sides, the very broken shields, and the "dont even need to be in the game" crossbows.
Bamboo Bundle Bowman: 90'' draw, groups at 200 yards.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2011, 10:23:30 pm »
I play all the weapons, archery being the most difficult. Xbow being the 2nd easiest, after 1h swordandboard, the real easiest. But seeing as you can combine those 2 classes without any negatives, so....1h sword 'n' board with xbow.....makes me wanna ask that player why they are in this game, when they surely cannot see its greatness: The archery mechanic, the blocking mechanics, and play only its worse sides, the very broken shields, and the "dont even need to be in the game" crossbows.

You're doing it wrong then. An archer with a good build will beat a crossbowman almost every time.
 "oh boohoo they can hold their shots without their reticles moving" considering that we only get one shot, long reload times and terrible shoot speeds, i'd say it balances out. I can rarely ever get score similar to LL_adrian or goretooth unless I count all of my melee kills. They on the other hand, top scoreboards with just archery and nothing else. Don't even get me started on Scarebear_Imnt or Harmlesspeasant. All of this makes ME wanna ask if you're a troll or just someone who has no idea what they are talking about. Going by your awesome bar, i'm going to assume the former.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 10:34:08 pm by Darkkarma »

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2011, 11:36:31 pm »
You're doing it wrong then. An archer with a good build will beat a crossbowman almost every time.

*lol* - If he is fast and can dodge the shots, yes. Otherwise: I have tested it a lot, and I am more precise with a sniper xbow and 0 WPF than with my masterwork warbow and 160+ WPF....

That is the point - the question is not if a dedicated xbow is better than an dedicated archer, but that a skill-less tincan with a 0 WPF xbow can shoot more precisely than most dedicated archers...

... and to quote examples like Gore - errrr... most likely gen 37, quadruple-heirloomed buttwarmers, and simply exeptionally GOOD.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 11:38:56 pm by Hirlok »
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline Literally_Circler

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Literally a Clan
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2011, 01:03:44 am »
Otherwise: I have tested it a lot, and I am more precise with a sniper xbow and 0 WPF than with my masterwork warbow and 160+ WPF....

wat, maybe if youve been holding your shot for 5 minutes, even then Im not sure if i believe you.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2011, 01:04:44 am »
*lol* - If he is fast and can dodge the shots, yes. Otherwise: I have tested it a lot, and I am more precise with a sniper xbow and 0 WPF than with my masterwork warbow and 160+ WPF....

That is the point - the question is not if a dedicated xbow is better than an dedicated archer, but that a skill-less tincan with a 0 WPF xbow can shoot more precisely than most dedicated archers...

... and to quote examples like Gore - errrr... most likely gen 37, quadruple-heirloomed buttwarmers, and simply exeptionally GOOD.

I would have to disagree with that. But lets assume you're right about a tincan with 0 wpf and a sniper or even a heavy xbow. When they shoot, they will more than likely miss. Believe me, I did this on my melee monkey character and it's absolutely fucking miserable. It's essentially a wasted slot unless I get the occasional peasant kill. Archers may have less accuracy than a crossbow(as they should) but the increased fire rate mixed with the decent amount of potential stopping power more than makes up for it. If i'm in a fire fight with an archer, i'd better be closed to cover or i'm getting lit up when I miss/don't take them down with the first shot, even at dedicated level. It's a give and take, even then crossbows aren't guaranteed one hit kills in most cases. Also, correct me if i'm wrong, but bows and throwing aren't affected by rain the same way crossbows are.

As far as goretooth and his infamous "multi gen ultra skill crutch" goes, one can look up the heirloomed stats of the strong bow and warbow and compare the masterwork levels of each respective item to their base stats; you can't tell me that the overall differences are the main cause of his success, nor can you with harmless or any of the others. Sure, it helps, but that can be said for most heirlooms. I can tell you that weebo , scrambler and myself are more effective now with our masterworked bows than we were before they were heirloomed.

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2011, 02:30:44 am »
lawl why i keep getting talked about in the best xbowmen of NA? The last archery build i did was the one one that could come close to beating darkarma before that i'd get owned but he was built for taking down horse and plate.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2011, 04:29:55 pm »
After playing today, I'd definitely say Harn belongs up there.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 06:09:48 pm by Darkkarma »

Offline Rhade

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: BkS_Rhade
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2011, 11:13:42 pm »
BkS_Harn, Carebear_HarmlessPeasant imo atm