Author Topic: New Game mode: Ambush or Caravan?  (Read 305 times)

Offline Sir_Senior_the_Eldest

• Count
  • Renown: 178
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Sir_Senior_the_Eldest, Son_Sonsonsonson
New Game mode: Ambush or Caravan?
« on: June 17, 2012, 01:53:22 am »
+3
Hi guys,

at first I have to say crpg is cool as it is now with battle, siege and dtv modes. But I just had an idea for another game mode. What about an ambush on a caravan as you often see in random Robin Hood movies or for example in "the patriot" ?
Something like one team has to defend a caravan of maybe 3 wagons, which are slowly crossing the map on a street or forest path and another team (or bots but this shouldn't be that surprising as they would always spawn at the same places) has to charge them at a time they choose and at a place on the map they choose.
The defenders just have one life and the attackers let's say infinite lifes (until the wagons cross a finish line).
And a wagon is lost if an enemy can "rob" it what could be managed with pressing "f" like opening gates or so.

What do you think about it?

I have a dream that one day this mod will rise up, and live out the true meaning of its creed: ‘We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all classes are created equal.’

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline PieParadox

• Count
  • Renown: 219
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: PieParadox
Re: New Game mode: Ambush or Caravan?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 03:07:46 am »
Would be a cool idea. It's like siege but the flag is moving all around the map so that focused fighting is varied through various parts of a map.

Though, defenders with only one life would kind of be too easy? And perhaps archers would have the advantage, as defenders are forced to stay next to the caravan and archers would rain arrows on you.

Offline Froto_the_Loc

• Count
  • Renown: 252
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • CRaPGame
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Locia
  • Game nicks: Froto_the_loc
Re: New Game mode: Ambush or Caravan?
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 05:57:57 am »
Ever played the mod "Caravan Raiders"?
Hooray for customization and hybridization!
Down with monotonous pure classes!