Author Topic: Looshususus 17 loom point contest WINNeR!  (Read 7712 times)

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Looshususus 17 loom point contest update.
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2012, 06:35:15 pm »
Who says the grading should be done by only one person. I think a small jury would be more appropriate. You two would get my vote for being in the jury, personally.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline TugBoat

• Earl
  • Renown: 430
  • Infamy: 211
  • cRPG Player
  • TotallyTugBoat on Steam
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOAT CLAN
  • Game nicks: TugBOAT
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2012, 06:35:29 pm »
I think it would be impossible to do an essay about chaz being assassinated unless the topic were more narrow. It seems that all of the contestants, myself included, chose to go the route of fiction

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2012, 06:44:28 pm »
+1
Who says the grading should be done by only one person. I think a small jury would be more appropriate. You two would get my vote for being in the jury, personally.

I think it should be done by 1 person because:
1-grading between several people would be inconsistent and unfair.
2-having everyone on the jury grade everything would be too much work
3-Looshus gives 5 looms for the grader...if he keeps passing them out like this there'll be none left for the prize! :)
4- grading on punctuation/spelling alone is pretty straightforward and doesn't need too many people.

Just my opinion!

Offline oohillac

• Marshall
  • Renown: 724
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player
  • boys don't cry
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2012, 02:52:57 pm »
+1
results?

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2012, 04:37:39 pm »
I am pretty sure I am going to get the most points for spelling and/or grammar errors.

Loooshus never said if the points were taken away from your score, or if the story that gets the most points wins!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline naruto_goku_sephiroth_420

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2012, 04:58:57 pm »
I am pretty sure I am going to get the most points for spelling and/or grammar errors.

Loooshus never said if the points were taken away from your score, or if the story that gets the most points wins!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
-1 point
Misspellang. Or P'unctuation errors.
-2 points
run on sentences, as they tend to distract from what would otherwise be a perfectly normal sentence that conveys its point in a timely manner while keeping with in a well defined and concise border or dots, small hash marks, colons, and semicolons which when added together form a language that most english speakers collectively define as constituting a well formed and productive society of the civilization of sentences.
-3 points
Obvious grammatical fallacies.
-10 points
 No capital letters on names, or at the start of a sentence.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2012, 07:39:53 pm »
Are those negative dashes, or simply a bullet-ed list?  :P

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Penitent

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2012, 11:48:24 pm »
Elf Princess, you indeed have a very very low score, according to my grading method.  You reached the max of -100.
However, if I kept grading lower, someone else would have done even worse.

Everkistus would have been like -400 probably, because for some reason he never wanted to capitalize "chadz", and that's minus 10 points each time (according to looshus).  He used chadz's name a lot in his essay...

It's funny because you were making yours bad on purpose.  He was trying to do it well and BOMBED.  lol!!

Offline Strider

• Baron
  • Renown: 110
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2012, 11:56:35 pm »
Alright then, let's get to work. English is not my primary language, so I think native british or americans got the edge on this one. But still, worth a try.

It's finished, please take a look. Note that chadz is a name specifically typed in lowercase and therefore overrules typical elements like starting with a capital letter. I assume "Evil Knight" is also a name.
Spelling was horrible and text was full of errors. Punctuation errors, all kinds of errors humanly possible. I got about -300 score on this, there were so many of them that I might have miscalculated.

Everkistus wins  :D

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2012, 12:50:10 am »
I have been thwarted...

Offline TugBoat

• Earl
  • Renown: 430
  • Infamy: 211
  • cRPG Player
  • TotallyTugBoat on Steam
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOAT CLAN
  • Game nicks: TugBOAT
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2012, 02:18:29 am »
-10 points for not capitalizing chadz? He didn't say that, he said for not capitalizing names. If his name is intentionally lower case at the start, then that's how it should be. like e. e. cummings, for example. When he writes his own name, it is lower case. chadz's user name is lower case, therefore nothing should be counted off for capitalizing his name.

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2012, 02:32:22 am »
I win, looms or no looms.
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • becouse an image is worth a thousand words
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vicious666_xXx
  • IRC nick: Vicious666
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2012, 02:39:53 am »

Offline Penitent

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2012, 03:10:10 am »
+1
-10 points for not capitalizing chadz? He didn't say that, he said for not capitalizing names. If his name is intentionally lower case at the start, then that's how it should be. like e. e. cummings, for example. When he writes his own name, it is lower case. chadz's user name is lower case, therefore nothing should be counted off for capitalizing his name.

That does make sense, chadz does spell his name lowercase.

Offline oohillac

• Marshall
  • Renown: 724
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player
  • boys don't cry
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2012, 02:13:40 pm »
optimistic bump