Author Topic: Leveling in C-RPG  (Read 7663 times)

Offline ZigZag

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Leveling in C-RPG
« on: June 13, 2012, 02:31:23 am »
Most high leveled players are going to hate this thread, but I'm still going to voice my opinion.

Leveling in C-RPG is broken and needs a fix.

It takes several weeks to become level 31 (if you do have a life), it takes double that + slightly more to hit 32. Afterwards, it becomes an outright joke.

Heirloomed items provide raw power / stats. Playing this game years after you have obtained all your heirloomed gear (surpassing level 31) also provides raw power / stats.

I do not agree for what heirlooms stand for (which are obviously stronger than the default weapons), but the leveling system that has no cap is an outright worse example than that.

I believe heirlooms should be a cosmetic feature and players who play this mod for a long period of time should be rewarded with something cosmetic rather than raw strength, weather it be you moving slightly faster because of that extra point in agility or your ability to ride a better horse because you can afford that extra point in horse riding that wouldn't be available to you otherwise.

Titles would be a sufficient reward, that is an example of "cosmetic' feature.

There should be a firm cap in levels. Weather it be 30 or 31, let the community decide. As long as it is obtainable within weeks or at least within a month of playing, I understand this is the "RPG" in "C-RPG" but having no level cap just provides more and more raw stats / power to players with more free time.

It is silly to reward those who are already skilled (hopefully) by the time of hitting level 35 (which takes a good year at least, if not months of non-stop playing) with EXTRA stats which makes them even more powerful than the rest.

I know many would disagree to defend their point of view in order to maintain all of their extra stats that they have worked long and hard to obtain.

But I, myself, who owns over 23 heirloom points worth of items and am disagreeing with what they represent.

Give me cosmetics that would show others how long I've played this mod rather than raw power to bash new player's skulls in and discourage them from continuing playing this mod.

Now, I know there are players in this mod that have worked hard and long to keep their players are maximum stats / power, give them something in compensation, maybe gold, heirloom points, or a title / something cosmetic.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 02:37:39 am by ZigZag »

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
Re: Leveling in C-RPG
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 02:41:30 am »
Meh, I have...like I dunno fuck all looms, Im always giving shit away, making crappy trades, it doesnt matter, If you cant rape whoever you like at level 30ish and a decent build, no looms, then tbh you probably never will. Dont much care what ppl do, I will continue to get bored after a few gens, trade of my looms for something else, and continue to do w.e, it's a game for fun, if tryhards want to get to level 35 with a maxed build to gain an advantage, just take a leaf from my book: Just laugh at them each time they die :D
I don't know enough

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 02:46:57 am »
lvl 34+ won't make 4+man ganging you die on their own. You may well be 27 lvl and beat those guys. 34+ is just cosmetics. It allows you to get the build you want, better build than anybody has, but it is enough that during the battle you will get random arrow and all your additional HP is gone. That advantage is reduced then. Also rain slows down all the agi_fast+ high levels so the difference isn't so big.

high levels are important mostly on duel server but during the battle it is not the level that makes you a killing machine.

Skyrim UI

Offline Latrinenkobold

• Earl
  • Renown: 332
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Stop the nerfs
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hagur
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 02:47:22 am »
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,33868.0.html

There you go one thread per day is enough.

Offline ZigZag

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 02:48:16 am »
Meh, I have...like I dunno fuck all looms, Im always giving shit away, making crappy trades, it doesnt matter, If you cant rape whoever you like at level 30ish and a decent build, no looms, then tbh you probably never will. Dont much care what ppl do, I will continue to get bored after a few gens, trade of my looms for something else, and continue to do w.e, it's a game for fun, if tryhards want to get to level 35 with a maxed build to gain an advantage, just take a leaf from my book: Just laugh at them each time they die :D

Laughing at them when they die doesn't balance the game, putting a firm cap does. They have worked hard to reach level 35 and to remove it without compensation would really be a deal breaker for them.

You know what's funny? That even level 35 isn't a level cap in this game. it is possible to reach level 36. And even 36 isn't the level cap.

And if you are to say that "eh, lvl 35 isn't a big deal, my balls are bigger, I'll kill them anyway."

That's your pride talking, pride doesn't  balance games, logic does.

Level 35 is a good 4-5 levels ahead of the average player, (lvls 30-31).

4-5 levels IS a big deal, in terms of balance.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 03:31:00 am by ZigZag »

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 02:49:40 am »
+1
Make a good weapon balance and then talk about balancing builds lol.

Skyrim UI

Offline ZigZag

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 02:50:15 am »
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,33868.0.html

There you go one thread per day is enough.

If  you read carefully, you'll realize the two threads have different subjects. One is about nerfing heirlooms, another is about putting a level cap in C-RPG.

Guess which one this is.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 02:53:26 am »
+1
Took me bout 4-5 days recently to get lvl 1-31 although for 2-3 days iirc there were Double XP lol. Nonetheless i'm lvl 29 atm and it's not that hard to lvl up. Just pray u get x5 and fight well.

Also i just noticed we posted right at the very same second
v
v
v

Offline ZigZag

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2012, 02:53:26 am »
Make a good weapon balance and then talk about balancing builds lol.

Weapon balance can be a tricky subject when there are so many weapons within this mod, many players would disagree which weapon is more powerful than another, thus causing endless amounts of discussion / arguments.

This is not a tricky subject. This is like whacking a fly which has been sitting on your nose for the past several years.

Putting a firm level cap, compensating those who have leveled above the cap'd level and done deal.

Offline ZigZag

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2012, 02:55:41 am »
Took me bout 4-5 days recently to get lvl 1-31 although for 2-3 days iirc there were Double XP lol. Nonetheless i'm lvl 29 atm and it's not that hard to lvl up. Just pray u get x5 and fight well.

Also i just noticed we posted right at the very same second
v
v
v

Ah, but have you reached level 32? 33? 34? 35? 36? 50? ...Do you get my point?

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Raven_Zan
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2012, 02:57:02 am »
I think heirlooms are fine...its only about a 10% boost in 99% of cases. Heirlooms are really only truly effective in the other 1%, say, mail mittens. They move up to +8 and it really is night and day. Otherwise...really no difference.

I had a +3 Military Hammer long ago as my first +3 and I could barely match a 0.5 k/d ratio. About a month or 2 ago I was a shielder again using a +0 War Sword and I was topping the charts for some time with absurd scores like 40/15(siege) or 18/4(battle). Skill does more than heirlooms ever will. I can say right now, Miley or Saul or Phyrex or Tor with peasant clothes and a scythe could destroy me any day even if I had a loomed milanese armor set and a weapon of my choice loomed as well. (If you take glancing out of the equation and just let her do 1hp of damage per hit)

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2012, 02:58:39 am »
But sometimes you kill high levels and you don't even know these guys are 33, 34 or so. Lvl doesn't make players good. It helps but better player is better. It doesn't make such a difference I guess.

Skyrim UI

Offline Latrinenkobold

• Earl
  • Renown: 332
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Stop the nerfs
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hagur
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2012, 02:59:09 am »
+1
Well congrats Zig zag you started another pointless discussion which will take the time of the people who are going to post here and the only thing that will change through this is Nothing

And even if the leveling system gets changed now only more of these discussions will come about people who want the old system back  :rolleyes:

Cant you simply accept that the majority seems to be against  it? Otherwise devs would have changed it earlier already.

just deal with it.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2012, 03:00:17 am »
Ah, but have you reached level 32? 33? 34? 35? 36? 50? ...Do you get my point?
Nope, and yeah but the thing is devs wants you to retire (AFAIK) so that's why the cap is so high and takes so long to reach after lvl 31.

And as for heirlooms...meh. It makes certain weapons/playstyles effective and well makes it unique.

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2012, 03:00:49 am »
+1
scythe could destroy me any day
Scythe is a very good weapon. Never underestimate it.

Skyrim UI