Author Topic: Unusual fighting styles  (Read 9022 times)

Offline WaltF4

• Baron
  • Renown: 131
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Unusual fighting styles
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2011, 08:24:03 am »
I forgot his name, but there use to be a guy with an awl pike and steel shield who did almost exclusively spin thrusts.

Shpongled?

Offline Huey Newton

• Duke
  • Renown: 555
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Huey_Newton
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2011, 08:29:24 am »
Shpongled?

didnt shpongled used iron staff?

maybe he switched off.. hmm

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2011, 08:39:57 am »
Berserker.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2011, 11:24:23 am »
Well... I made a Stimpy clone named Kofilin, only using the awlpike 2 handed and spin thrusting like crazy.

Prepatch I used to do 4:1 in duels and battle only using my looney tunes axe  :mrgreen:

That one had a serious balance problem.

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2011, 12:53:20 pm »
Make a mauler only character and if you must use a spear against cav but no other weapon you must fight in melee with a maul against all occasions and by maul I MEAN a maul not iron mace or bar mace.

Try it it's fun but hard (Weapon speed affects block animation speed).

Offline MouthnHoof

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: MouthnHoof
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2011, 03:08:34 pm »
There was this guy running around in plain cloths and a dagger which was amazingly effective. Must be an agi build because he was fast enough to step in range between swings. Also very good in chamber blocking with the dagger.

I love using my Langes Messer in 2H mode. Sort of a western katana equivallent. Fighting the 120 reach two-handers with a 90 reach blade is not so easy in particular since I am not an agi build, but damn it is fun. The thrust is polearm animation which means no lolstab and very short range, but it tends to confuse the opponents. I am still much more effective (which is still not much) with my vanilla Goedentag though.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 03:09:58 pm by MouthnHoof »

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2011, 03:16:25 pm »
There was this guy running around in plain cloths and a dagger which was amazingly effective. Must be an agi build because he was fast enough to step in range between swings. Also very good in chamber blocking with the dagger.

Yeah that's Nemeth trollin

Offline La Makina

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Dedicated siege tower pusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2011, 03:42:53 pm »
Nemeth has an alt char, that has 9/30 str/agi build, 3ps, 10wm, 10 athletics and uses long dagger.

He says that he can even manage to get some kills with blocking only by chamber and running around opponent.

Because he is FAST. Not fast in the way you know someone can be fast, like running fast for few sec or so. He is fast.

I saw it. He runs around battlefield, choses opponent, comes, try to get a hit, if he FAILS to get a hit, he run out of enemy's range BEFORE enemy strike back. Awesome to see.

Yeah, he killed me twice (shame on me). First time I did not understand what the guy was doing, I did not even notice the dagger. I was wearing this sheppard cloth and he killed me in two stabs. I found it fun. Second time, I was wearing an armor but was close to death from previous fights. His mosquito stitches killed me eventually. Indeed he can step out of range of slash animations, really disturbing. He is also good at chamber blocking. Congratulations to him.

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2011, 03:58:14 pm »
Yeah, he killed me twice (shame on me). First time I did not understand what the guy was doing, I did not even notice the dagger. I was wearing this sheppard cloth and he killed me in two stabs. I found it fun. Second time, I was wearing an armor but was close to death from previous fights. His mosquito stitches killed me eventually. Indeed he can step out of range of slash animations, really disturbing. He is also good at chamber blocking. Congratulations to him.

I tried chamberblocking with a dagger and it's a bit easier to do compared to other weapons (still very hard for me).

High agility+REALLY fast weapon gives you just a tiny bit more time to react to your opponents swing. It's just really hard to chamber feints or held attacks.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Burr1ck

• Earl
  • Renown: 314
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
  • The Mercenaries are on Twitch.tv. Check the topic!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Burrick, Stimpy
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2011, 09:56:20 pm »
Make a mauler only character and if you must use a spear against cav but no other weapon you must fight in melee with a maul against all occasions and by maul I MEAN a maul not iron mace or bar mace.

Try it it's fun but hard (Weapon speed affects block animation speed).

Fun fun fun :)

Burr1ck = Mallet/ great Maul only.
Stimpy: Masterwork Awlpike agi abuser. I also incorporate the parkour/ free running to get around fast and flashy around maps.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 09:58:57 pm by Burr1ck »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"Art thou the hammer, or art thou the nail? From the view of the beam, 'tis all the same. But for the nail, 'tis very different."
- Hammerite

The Mercenaries's YouTube channel

Offline Sir_Xormanec

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Destiny shall become fate
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lost Legion, The Legendary Guardians
  • Game nicks: Mr_Moogle, Forgotten_Destiny, LL_Equite_Godspeed + 3 hidden
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2011, 11:17:06 pm »
Ninja archer Thrower!!!!!
Point click
180 jump
point click
when someone gets mid rang ( this being running backward)
180 jump
point throw
180 jump
point throw
when close range
360 jumping turn of doom!!! with my katana

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2011, 11:43:02 pm »
And then you wake up with a hand put deep into your potty filled with your yesterday excrement. Am I right?  :wink:

Ofc no offense, I'm joking. Wondering, what build exactly do you use?

Offline Maira

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • War is won at the cost of a great loss.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Houses of Cards (House of Hearts)
  • Game nicks: Loz, King_Charles_of_Hearts
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2011, 11:55:30 pm »
The most unusual fighting style I've encountered was back when I met KruntFu(KuntFu?), he used ladders to fight. Ladder fu. =D
This was when there were shield walls, organized cavalry charges, etc. in c-RPG, He would run up to a enemy shield wall, protected by allies, making a square shield wall around him, which would open in a section while He ladderpulted the enemies away... Good 'ol pulting fun. =)

That was when there were no NA servers, so, I don't even know if He still plays or not. Oh, also, I don't think ladderpulting was forbidden at that time. XD

Offline Haru_Takeda

• Knight
  • Renown: 54
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • my glands are bigger than your glands.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnant
  • Game nicks: rottencrotchHaru, JesusHGHChrist, PowerGamingSpergLord, Palestinian_Takeda, Baby_Haru
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2011, 12:24:33 am »
Its not really a "style" more than a super sweet move I do.  I bet some people pull it off, and many more try to pull it off and fail.

If I am on a roof or castle and someone is climbing a ladder to get up to me, I jump over the enemy, spin 180 and stab them.   Usually kills in one hit, leaving the dead person extremely confused as to what happened.

Offline Aseldo

• Baron
  • Renown: 147
  • Infamy: 80
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • you reading this?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Egad_Captain_TKoV
  • IRC nick: Egad
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2011, 12:27:26 am »
Its not really a "style" more than a super sweet move I do.  I bet some people pull it off, and many more try to pull it off and fail.

If I am on a roof or castle and someone is climbing a ladder to get up to me, I jump over the enemy, spin 180 and stab them.   Usually kills in one hit, leaving the dead person extremely confused as to what happened.

I pulled this off the other day, probably the funnest move to pull off in this game ^^.

I also just like to rush towards someone and do a 360 and slash them, it's not that effective but sometimes it will throw them off and I can get behind a shielder and kill them.