Poll

Would you like it improved?

Yes
64 (54.2%)
No
54 (45.8%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Author Topic: [IMPROVE] Turning speed limit(!)  (Read 6954 times)

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Caita_KUTT, Fellys_KUTT
Re: [IMPROVE] Turning speed limit(!)
« Reply #90 on: June 29, 2012, 09:37:24 am »
Aside from a realism complaint, I honestly can't see why people have a hard time fighting lolstabbing pikemen. It is, quite literally, the most obviously telegraphed attack in the game. If you see a pikeman run around you, or jump, block down. How is it that people can react in 1/4 of a second or less during a normal melee fight, yet a spinning jump attack that takes at least half a second, if not a full second to complete and can only come from 1 attack direction is hard to block?

It's a slow, risky, one directional attack. Generally the only reasons I use it are A: The person I'm fighting is an idiot who can only spam and doesn't have a right mouse button. B: I don't have time to pull out my sidearm. or C: I need to keep my pike ready after I kill my current opponent, and trying to pick it back up would waste too much time.

Well... those, and it's just a fun attack to use.  :wink:

Even discounting all of that, it's a combat style that only a tiny tiny number of players actually use (it's a damn pain in the ass to learn how to use correctly, I can't count how many times it got me 1 shotted trying to learn it). Not really any reason to totally change game mechanics because of an unrealistic play-style that a tiny number of people use.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • Renown: 509
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Rhaelys_BlockLeft_of_Chaos
Re: [IMPROVE] Turning speed limit(!)
« Reply #91 on: June 29, 2012, 10:56:29 am »
+1
Aside from a realism complaint, I honestly can't see why people have a hard time fighting lolstabbing pikemen. It is, quite literally, the most obviously telegraphed attack in the game. If you see a pikeman run around you, or jump, block down. How is it that people can react in 1/4 of a second or less during a normal melee fight, yet a spinning jump attack that takes at least half a second, if not a full second to complete and can only come from 1 attack direction is hard to block?

It's a slow, risky, one directional attack. Generally the only reasons I use it are A: The person I'm fighting is an idiot who can only spam and doesn't have a right mouse button. B: I don't have time to pull out my sidearm. or C: I need to keep my pike ready after I kill my current opponent, and trying to pick it back up would waste too much time.

Well... those, and it's just a fun attack to use.  :wink:

Even discounting all of that, it's a combat style that only a tiny tiny number of players actually use (it's a damn pain in the ass to learn how to use correctly, I can't count how many times it got me 1 shotted trying to learn it). Not really any reason to totally change game mechanics because of an unrealistic play-style that a tiny number of people use.

Almost counter-intuitively, most players underestimate it because they assume that the turning nerf got rid of lolstabbing pikes. While this is true to some extent, it can still be done with any thrust weapon. You simply have to jump backwards, spin, and then start the attack when you're reoriented correctly. The attack itself is still fairly quick, and like I said most people underestimate/aren't expecting it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Uumdi
sweet of you guys to celebrate my birthday
wait you're talking about that devils lettuce arent you, god damnit
Quote from: Kreczor
yo you want to burn some sweet romaine tonight?
Quote from: Uumdi
yeah i smoke that dirty green shit fuck iceberg