Poll

Nerf Fagchers ?

Sure
59 (19.9%)
Must
25 (8.4%)
Need
17 (5.7%)
YES PLEASE NERF IT , I'M my old friend BUT WE ARE OP !
29 (9.8%)
kebab
51 (17.2%)
No
116 (39.1%)

Total Members Voted: 295

Author Topic: Nerf Archery  (Read 25817 times)

Offline Bonze

• Knight
  • Renown: 47
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-Fagcher-Liberation-Front (AFLF)
  • Game nicks: King of FF bump
Re: Nerf Archery
« Reply #345 on: October 15, 2012, 11:50:33 pm »
+1

run with 30 Km/h-stop-shoot with laser-guided precision..1 Sec later run again with 30 Km/h - 1 sec. later instant  stop and shoot your  laser-guided missle.1 Sec later run again with 30 Km/h - 1 sec. later instant  stop and shoot your  laser-guided missle.1 Sec later run again with 30 Km/h - 1 sec. later instant  stop and shoot your  laser-guided missle.1 Sec later run again with 30 Km/h - 1 sec. later instant  stop and shoot your  laser-guided missle.1 Sec later run again with 30 Km/h - 1 sec. later instant  stop and shoot your  laser-guided missle.1 Sec later run again with 30 Km/h - 1 sec. later instant  stop and shoot your  laser-guided missle.1 Sec later run again with 30 Km/h - 1 sec. later instant  stop and shoot your  laser-guided missle.1 Sec later run again with 30 Km/h - 1 sec. later instant  stop and shoot your  laser-guided missle.1 Sec later run again with 30 Km/h - 1 sec. later instant  stop and shoot your  laser-guided missle

Got the real middle age feeling , thx devs ..

Whats your next project devs ? hello kitty as shooter?

Got no Balls? Play archer. Got no sex? Play horse archer.

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1148
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Hi
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fin
  • IRC nick: Fin
« Reply #346 on: October 17, 2012, 09:37:40 am »
+1
Archers are not overpowered. But theres just too many of them... though this game reallly needs Stamina... to stop the endless kiting. Also an archer shouldnt be able to shoot 100% accurate after running. Thats just counterstrike.
"Life was easier as a borderline alcoholic." (chadz, 2016)

Offline Piok

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: October 17, 2012, 12:29:59 pm »
When you kill balanced build in Mw medium armor with two shots anywhere on body (not counting head) with no risk involved then there is something wrong.
And don't tell me get a shield nooooob. Cause i can say get only one quiver for more realism noob.

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • Renown: 508
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Arrowblood
« Reply #348 on: October 17, 2012, 02:03:27 pm »
+1
When you kill balanced build in Mw medium armor with two shots anywhere on body (not counting head) with no risk involved then there is something wrong.
And don't tell me get a shield nooooob. Cause i can say get only one quiver for more realism noob.
You can only 2 shot if you hit the chest or head. Or its really light armor and you hit the hands/feet. And it depends on the build and the bow . And ofc can a archer have 2 quivers in real live.

Offline Piok

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 18, 2012, 07:20:22 am »
You can only 2 shot if you hit the chest or head. Or its really light armor and you hit the hands/feet. And it depends on the build and the bow . And ofc can a archer have 2 quivers in real live.
Many time I lost half health on my main by "toe" shot.
I doubt there were archers with 50+ arrows. Something between 20-30 will be more appropriate.
Btw. Weren't longbow arrows longer and and heavier than standard arrows.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #350 on: October 18, 2012, 08:31:40 am »
+3
Many time I lost half health on my main by "toe" shot.
I doubt there were archers with 50+ arrows. Something between 20-30 will be more appropriate.
Btw. Weren't longbow arrows longer and and heavier than standard arrows.

These statistics were from Agincourt.(Juliet Barker's Agincourt: Henry V and the Battle That Made England (2006), ISBN 0-316-01503-2)
A Welsh or English military archer during the 14th and 15th Century was expected to shoot at least ten 'aimed shots' per minute. An experienced military longbowman was expected to shoot twenty aimed shots per minute. A typical military longbow archer would be provided with between 60 and 72 arrows at the time of battle, which would last the archer from three to six minutes, at full rate of fire. Young boys were often employed to run additional arrows to longbow archers while in their positions on the battlefield.

Always go with historical fact checking over "gut feelings"  :wink:
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Piok

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 18, 2012, 08:44:49 am »
These statistics were from Agincourt.(Juliet Barker's Agincourt: Henry V and the Battle That Made England (2006), ISBN 0-316-01503-2)
A Welsh or English military archer during the 14th and 15th Century was expected to shoot at least ten 'aimed shots' per minute. An experienced military longbowman was expected to shoot twenty aimed shots per minute. A typical military longbow archer would be provided with between 60 and 72 arrows at the time of battle, which would last the archer from three to six minutes, at full rate of fire. Young boys were often employed to run additional arrows to longbow archers while in their positions on the battlefield.

Provided not mean carrying around..
So around 20-30 in quiver and additional in some sort of towing cart which make them snail pace and also destructible :mrgreen:
And we can have new class for newbies.. Behold mighty errand boy/girl  :D

Offline duurrr

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: kekeeke
« Reply #352 on: October 18, 2012, 02:24:44 pm »

im all for giving archers 60 arrows aslong as you put bow weight and arrow weight to 10+ each, that way SOMEBUILD SOMEWHERE might just be able to fight archers

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #353 on: October 18, 2012, 02:30:33 pm »
Provided not mean carrying around..
So around 20-30 in quiver and additional in some sort of towing cart which make them snail pace and also destructible :mrgreen:
And we can have new class for newbies.. Behold mighty errand boy/girl  :D

More gut check history  :lol:
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Piok

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: October 18, 2012, 02:45:37 pm »
When ever I check quiver capacity in searcher I see 12 or 24 :shock:

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #355 on: October 18, 2012, 05:24:35 pm »
When ever I check quiver capacity in searcher I see 12 or 24 :shock:
Whenever I check how many quivers/bags an archer carried I see 2 or 3.  :shock:
Since each quiver or bag historically seems to range between 20-24, that is a bit more then your gut-check 30 limit.

EDIT: Should be 1-3, not 2-3, my bad brah, my bad. <3
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 05:48:04 pm by Tears of Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #356 on: October 18, 2012, 05:27:25 pm »
Only ranged that has OP damage are MW arbs. with mw steel bolts, almost got 1 hit by Dave with 53 body armor and 15 str 0 IF.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: October 18, 2012, 05:59:27 pm »
+1
These statistics were from Agincourt.(Juliet Barker's Agincourt: Henry V and the Battle That Made England (2006), ISBN 0-316-01503-2) ... Always go with historical fact checking over "gut feelings"  :wink:

Most importantly those archers stayed in one defensive spot while shooting their arrows, and when the knights came into melee they pulled out mallets and daggers and stabbed the shit out of them.  I doubt Agincourt would be remembered so fondly by the English if when the French met their line, all English archers began running away at 50 MPH while 360 spin notch no scope headshotting their heavy cavalry and plated knights with +3 bodkins.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Piok

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: October 18, 2012, 06:14:41 pm »
Whenever I check how many quivers/bags an archer carried I see 2 or 3.  :shock:
Since each quiver or bag historically seems to range between 20-24, that is a bit more then your gut-check 30 limit.
In every game, film(document or historical) you see archer almost exclusively with one quiver. Additional arrows sometimes  stick in ground for easier grab(probably also for some pesky diseases), but now archers got 2 or 3 quivers on them. Maybe on war elephant when they do not need mobility. To have stick to the body 3 large quivers(coz 24 arrows cap. is considered large quiver) will hamper in your movement significantly  not to mention ability to draw warbow. But we don't have war elephants or predeployed archer position in warband. We have Legolases with 50+ arrows on them running and drawing with speed of light.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 06:36:52 pm by Piok »

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
« Reply #359 on: October 18, 2012, 06:36:44 pm »
Only ranged that has OP damage are MW arbs. with mw steel bolts, almost got 1 hit by Dave with 53 body armor and 15 str 0 IF.
Crossbows have pierce damage...to be honest you're lucky you survived the shot