Author Topic: Jump Kick and Shield Bash  (Read 1169 times)

Offline Durton_mustachier

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Jump Kick and Shield Bash
« on: March 28, 2011, 07:12:11 pm »
Allow players to kick while in the air. A swift kick to the head should knock your target to the ground. A risky move with big payoff. Probably would afford many hilarious moments in game as well.

Add shield bash.   A quick, short range move that uses your shield to stagger the target, perhaps causing a small amount of damage (similar to kick, but would not break your block). This could also cause damage to the shield to prevent shield bash from becoming over used. I know this has already been discussed on the forums, but I thought I would 2nd the opinion.

Offline Spurdospera

• Earl
  • Renown: 315
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Spurdo...
  • IRC nick: Spurdo
Re: Jump Kick and Shield Bash
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 07:15:49 pm »
+2
if you wanna kick people to head go play tekken or something.
Quote from: Mortemer
spurdo is as useless as my hat.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 09:18:26 pm »
Although it would be awesome especially for ninjas I think we shouldnt add a jump kick. Im also against a shield bash because I like the balance between no shielders and shielders now and this could change the balance greatly.

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 09:31:53 pm »
You could balance shield bash by increasing the amount of damage it causes to your shield.

Offline Chasab

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 05:50:31 pm »
+1
your foot in cloth shoes just kicked my helmet made out of steel. Not only should i not fall down, Your foot should break.

Also go find one instance of people in mail, or plate where they are jumping around kicking shit.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bear

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 22nd
  • Game nicks: 22nd_Baron_Bear
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 06:01:56 pm »
if u have massive lag u can do a "jumpkick" :D

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2011, 06:02:29 pm »
In that case you shouldn't be able to jump and swing an incredibly heavy weapon while wearing plate.

Jump kicking could be limited to  lighter armor, which would be more realistic and ideal for ninjas. Also, the ability to knock someone down could be excluded, or limited only to those with lighter helmets.

Offline Endruux

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Freelancers
  • Game nicks: Aerys_the_2nd, Aerys_the_sprinter, generally Aerys
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 09:51:54 pm »
+2
your foot in cloth shoes just kicked my helmet made out of steel. Not only should i not fall down, Your foot should break.

Also go find one instance of people in mail, or plate where they are jumping around kicking shit.
In that case you shouldn't be able to jump and swing an incredibly heavy weapon while wearing plate.

Jump kicking could be limited to  lighter armor, which would be more realistic and ideal for ninjas. Also, the ability to knock someone down could be excluded, or limited only to those with lighter helmets.

I couldn't stop myself commenting those two post with that:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3v3D2r-k68

Greetings from Poland ;P
Pokój jest rzeczą cenną i pożądaną. Ale pokój, jak prawie wszystkie sprawy tego świata ma swoją cenę wysoką, ale wymierną. My w Polsce nie znamy pojęcia pokoju za wszelką cenę. Jest jedna tylko rzecz w życiu ludzi, narodów i państw, która jest bezcenna. Tą rzeczą jest honor.
Józef Beck