Author Topic: Please, please, can we have 2 slot bows!?  (Read 1782 times)

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
Re: Please, please, can we have 2 slot bows!?
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2012, 11:35:09 am »
Again, I have been playing this longer than you, I have tried every combination you can even imagine and several more. The fact that you think it is ok to take a stupid horsebow and 3 quivers shows you really are a scumcunt. No offence, I'm sure you think your a great person, but kiteing is just NOT OK. Archers need to be able to stand their ground and fight. Currently I think only 3 of us do this. Tenne is a well sung hero of this. I have been doing it for 2 years. But it needs a buff. Kiters need a massive nerf. This is a game about fighting.

Balance-wise: Kiteing needs removing. Realism-wise: Kiteing needs removing.

The fact that crossbows reload so fast and fire so accurately is a whole other issue.

Who says that I am kiting? When our clan is on EU_2, there is enough reliable infantry in my team so that I just do not have do kite or fight in melee. I can stand between them as a supporter without any melee deaths. Bows can be like a pike which is unblockable for people without shields. Furthermore, my build will be 15/21 I will have 144 wpf in archery and 100 in 1handed, which I will use to carry a onehander when only a small part of the clan is online. The build that knows how defend itself. Hey, and don't even think about complaining that 144 archery is not enough! I have only 5 PD and consequently a low penalty, I know what I do.

Crossbows are not another issue and I never mentioned the reloading speed being to high, did I? I am just saying that you can't have the speed benefit of the bow expecting to be as accurate AND as strong as a crossbowman. For more damage, use an arbalest, this is all I am saying.

The longbow could be a bit better, I do not know. But Nikodin is doing well with it, same as Winter. In an archer duel, the disadvantage is always on your side when you have such a slow bow, except you know very well how to move.

By the way, noone cares since when we have been playing this game. But in all the time you have been playing it, you obviously haven't learned how to discuss adequately in the forum. Can nobody post his opinion without being offended? (The well known "no offence, but..." does not make it better.) All of us would have understood what you wanted to say without that crap:
The fact that you think it is ok to take a stupid horsebow and 3 quivers shows you really are a scumcunt. No offence, I'm sure you think your a great person, but kiteing is just NOT OK.

Thank you. Sorin.
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline Rico

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2012, 11:42:18 am »
Not to more than 18 though, also 20 if loomed (not sure about the number, arrows should be used wisely and not spammed). That should be enough.

No. Using a crossbow is about using your ammo wisely. Archery is not. Saracen archers knew how to shoot 3 arrows in 1.5 seconds (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggDfJLB8jTk). I am sure they had more then 1 quiver on their horses.
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2012, 04:25:12 pm »
No. Using a crossbow is about using your ammo wisely. Archery is not. Saracen archers knew how to shoot 3 arrows in 1.5 seconds (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggDfJLB8jTk). I am sure they had more then 1 quiver on their horses.
So let horses be able to stash quivers then? When you're running on foot, 1 quiver.

And besides, those shots are "easy" shots where you barely pull the string back. Good for shooting fast but you don't have very little velocity and it has almost no piercing ability. Would barely pierce cloth.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2012, 05:30:35 pm »
So let horses be able to stash quivers then? When you're running on foot, 1 quiver.

And besides, those shots are "easy" shots where you barely pull the string back. Good for shooting fast but you don't have very little velocity and it has almost no piercing ability. Would barely pierce cloth.

Theres no point trying to argue with him Zapper, you say to him a+b is c, and he will reply W! W! (eg. he replies with unrelated, offtopic shit) He has some very bad tunnel vision, and seems to base his arguments on siege mode, which is pointless since realistically, noone who plays siege more than battle should even be allowed an opinion, its such a boring zerg mode where thought and tactics dont enter into it. One team zergs, the other camps flag, any other plans are fail. Also, hornbow is a horse bow, I'll leave it to horsemen, as I have said before, that bow needs the tag "Only usable on horseback", it tarded that you can run with that massive sheath hung on you.

as to this:
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggDfJLB8jTk).
That kid using a 10 pound bow doesnt have a clue about archery, watch his fucking left arm FFS, he has never fired a non-kiddie bow else he wouldnt fling his left hand forward with the shots, doing that would quickly destroy your elbow joint, probably fuck your spine aswell. Loosing a 90+ pound bow is matter of balance and form, you dont spam arrows unless firing into massed groups of infantry, because arrows do NOT grow on trees. Historically, only slingers spammed, and thats because their ammo was either rocks, or if using metal ammo, could be very quickly made since it is a single cast, NOT like arrows, which need 1/ shafts making, time consuming before machinery 2/ Fletching, time consuming for 2 reasons, the process is fairly difficult and you need feathers with also need prep and a bird, and 3/ Heads, which need casting and then attaching. Archers NEVER spammed arrows, they may have fired fast into massed formations, but since we dont have 10k armies fighting 10k armies, it does not apply.

Anyway, back to topic: Longbow needs to be 1 slot, because without arrows it is simply not a weapon, so combined with arrows to be 2 slot. Archers need to be limited to 1 quiver, 27 arrows is enough.
I don't know enough

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Rico

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2012, 09:52:43 am »
Ahm, no!
Lars Andersen is the world champion in speed archery, not a kid, bro :wink:
Still, nice try :lol: