Author Topic: Long bow builds?  (Read 5113 times)

Offline GuiKa

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolves
  • Game nicks: Wolves_GuiKa
Re: Long bow builds?
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2012, 01:57:20 am »
I think right now, the best archer builds are with a hornbow, 18 -21 or 21-21. Light armor of course.

Nord_Bagge an Merc_Zerobot (probably the best two pure archer playing atm on eu_1) are using Rus Bow and Bodkin with agi build (bagge has 160 wpf if i remember correctly).

Offline ammeron

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 5
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Warkittenz
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2012, 06:37:39 pm »
+2
i was 30 / 15 at one point. but i respecced, the damage increase isn't that significant due to the way the effective wpf formula works with power draw. 6 power daw is as high as ill ever go at the moment. im probably done retiring so lvl 34 i will be 18/30.  longbow sucks, hits hard but theres like this delay, after ur max drawn sometimes it takes like a second to shoot and its so annoying, plus u can forget about kiting with it, rus is just better in 90% of situations

going really high accuracy and focusing on headshots is a lot more effective way to get kills, plus the draw speed is amazing

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2012, 08:43:29 pm »
save yourself the time, longbow sucks balls

ever seen varadin? he shoots into melee and never misses, he shotguns 3 people in a row from 0 meter distance, he always headshots and he is the best support you can imagine (not only stunning, he kills a massive shitload of players) and his longbow isnt even loomed yet
his build is 18/21 i think, not sure tough

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2012, 09:20:39 pm »
I tried a 24-15 build with 8 PD a few gens ago, and when your arrows hit they would deal satisfying damage. I used tatar arrows and focused mainly on horses and enemy archers. Some archers would die from a single shot. But the draw time meant you had to trail your target for a good 2-3 seconds as you got ready to fire. Many players are able to pick up on this and will start wiggle-dodging before you get a chance to shoot at them.

Going for 18-XX build past level 31 once I retire. Faster firing and greater accuracy are more fun to play than landing a one hit kill after painfully aiming and missing for 15 seconds.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2012, 02:52:50 am »
Edit: listen to Uumdi. 18/24 best build.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 02:58:42 am by Brontosauce »

Offline Varadin

• fite me irl
  • Duke
  • Renown: 577
  • Infamy: 353
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Serbian
    • View Profile
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/19930206800039/
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Varadin
  • IRC nick: Varadin
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2012, 07:50:35 am »
Not quite sure why people underestimate the longbow, Not saying is best weapon but it is very supporting if you know how to use it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Adalwulf

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 53
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Adalwulf
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2012, 08:54:59 am »
Not quite sure why people underestimate the longbow, Not saying is best weapon but it is very supporting if you know how to use it.

Best ssupport bow is mw bow. I kid you not you can draw that thing so fast that you can almost perma lock people in melee. You hit them then your ally tries to swing at them if the enemy blocks you're already drawn again. Trust me on this one. Mw Bow. Fucking God's bow on support. The accuracy is pin point like a crossbow with 170 wpf.

Offline Malak_Dawnfire

• Knight
  • Renown: 30
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Malak_Dawnfire_HREr
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2012, 09:15:52 am »
Best ssupport bow is mw bow. I kid you not you can draw that thing so fast that you can almost perma lock people in melee. You hit them then your ally tries to swing at them if the enemy blocks you're already drawn again. Trust me on this one. Mw Bow. Fucking God's bow on support. The accuracy is pin point like a crossbow with 170 wpf.

Your face even haunts me on the forums, Wolf!  :mrgreen: