Poll

Do you agree?

Yes
38 (40.9%)
No
55 (59.1%)

Total Members Voted: 93

Author Topic: Petition to remove couchable tag from Heavy Lance, Lance and Light Lance  (Read 2214 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 201
  • Infamy: 2335
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Okay, since last petition was huge success, I've decided to start a new one.

Along with 2H lolstab this is now the most pressing issue in cRPG. I won't open thread dedicated to 2H lolopstab, there are much better candidates to carry on that task,

Anyways, back to topic. Heavy Lance is the single most damaging weapon and cav are best performers on scoreboard. This will be huge hit to their performance and one step further to ultimate balance.

Just-do-it!

Offline Rusty_Shacklefjord

• Baron
  • Renown: 90
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • Pro-pain
    • View Profile
  • Faction: One Man Army
  • Game nicks: Erik_Magnusson
no
I too am not a bit tamed, I too am untranslatable,
I sound my barbaric YAWP over the roofs of the world.

Offline Weewum

• Count
  • Renown: 159
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Couching is rarely used on Light,reg,heavy lance, the thrust does about as much damage with extra range,even so, people will switch to morningstar cav which is still pierce damage and a bit easier to aim resulting in more kills.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
Oh good, as long as you don't ruin my precious baby the double sided lance then everything is okay.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Owl_Baron

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolves
  • Game nicks: Wolves_LW_Welkin
+1
Just remove lolstab already and it's 2h>pole>cav>2h again!

I can't see a reason to use pole but for "opening" doors, crushing shields and stopping cav.....
couched cav doesn't outreach regular poleman most of the time, let it be a privileg and remove that darn lolstab!
Aka Lottery Winner #3

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
+2
Oh good, as long as you don't ruin my precious baby the double sided lance then everything is okay.

I don't understand why it even has couch as an option. I mean..can you fucking even couch people with that bs length? Only like 130 iirc lol.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
I don't know :/ I haven't seen the EU cav play their games but on NA the vast majority of kills by lance cav are pokes.

Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
My build cannot thrust well (low PS), i would become extremely useless if my light lance canot couch

P.S: And yes i paid my price, is that i can die from 1 crossbow bolt if it was close, (even light xbow from HX can 1 shot me)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 11:09:14 am by AlexTheDragon »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2863
  • Infamy: 559
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Np is actually No, if any of you were wondering :lol:

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
+1
My build cannot thrust well (low PS), i would become extremely useless if my light lance canot couch

P.S: And yes i paid my price, is that i can die from 1 crossbow bolt if it was close, (even light xbow from HX can 1 shot me)

So why not use the great lance if you can't poke people, and have to rely on couch ?
Because you still want to poke people ?

The fact that you wear a shitty armor that let you die from 1 light xbow shot is your own fault. Dresses are not meant to protect you.

I see dedicated couching cavs, with the great lance. They don't have any thrust. And i don't see why all the other lances usable on horse back should have that couching. You want to poke three people in 6 seconds, use the heavy lance or whatever. You want to be able to one hit a tincan, break a steel shield ? Use the great lance. You want to be able to do both, couching an unaware pikeman, before poking three guys in the clusterfuck before riding away ? Damn abuser.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
+1
Heavy Lance is the single most damaging weapon and cav are best performers on scoreboard.

False Leshma, i can top score with light lance same goes for every lance except great lance/ jousting lance and heavy lance, for some reason I don't know but i suck at using heavy lance. BTW heavy horse got nerf patch from patch, their damage is lower than light lance / normal lance, thats not realistic is it?

I see dedicated couching cavs, with the great lance. They don't have any thrust. And i don't see why all the other lances usable on horse back should have that couching. You want to poke three people in 6 seconds, use the heavy lance or whatever. You want to be able to one hit a tincan, break a steel shield ? Use the great lance. You want to be able to do both, couching an unaware pikeman, before poking three guys in the clusterfuck before riding away ? Damn abuser.

The reason I am wearing light gear it is because that is the max protection I can wear (As i said i have very low PS and low STR), yes I am a dedicated couching cav. Great lance is completely useless when your horse gets stop or dismount, it's useless in city maps and maps that are not open, they are only good in open plains, using weapons like lance/ heavy lance/ light lance will be able to fight on foot once you dismount, great lance cant, it's easier to control other lances than the great lance, , basically once your horse gets stop you're a goner, the length is just way long and hard to control and the reload time for couch in great lance takes forever, it's just not my style sorry, if they were removed i might change to other class instead of being a lancer

Edit: Couching is risky, it's a bit like 50 % live or 50% death, Great lance is suppose to be a secondary weapon for 1 handed cav, not for lancers, i would use the great lance if it were thrustable, but sadly its not

Also Couching is the only way to kill Heavy Horses in a effective way, removing it will buff Heavy Horses alot against Lancer, it will buff 1 handed cav and tbh couching is the only way for me to scare Royanss away, if i can only thrust i will probably get kill by him every single round in cav duel. Without the couch infantry will just keep using down block while keep getting bump all the time

Obviously players who ain't lancers will vote for yes to gain advantage to their class
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 10:09:49 am by AlexTheDragon »

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
that is same shit as removing crushthrough from upper hits by maul.Case closed.
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1575
  • Infamy: 405
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Well, this is a long shot. So was polestagger removal.

But I've stated my opinion and we'll see how community will vote. So far, they are against it.

Offline Ganner

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The other white meat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Ganner_of_Chaos

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
I don't understand why it even has couch as an option. I mean..can you fucking even couch people with that bs length? Only like 130 iirc lol.

Yep..

Just look at the +1'ers of the OP, QQers will QQ.

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me