Author Topic: Version 0.286  (Read 94402 times)

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
Re: Version 0.286
« Reply #420 on: June 12, 2012, 03:24:24 pm »
+1
Well. You were the one saying we look like fools because we are arguing about how our playstyle got "nerfed" by this patch.

And I only can ROLF about you (and others) always saying "exploiting broken mechanic", epic fail.

It´s like saying every cav exploits broken mechanics by bumping people without risk and take HP from them away. Biggest bullshit I´ve ever heard.

You exploit broken mechanics shooting with your xbow then too, obviously.

It´s really pathetic to see how lowskillers are happy about good players who dedicated themselves to a certain class/build/weapon get nerfed and even have the cockiness to insult them or tell them to stop crying.

That's just bullcrap and hopefully you know it by yourself, otherwise you're a pretty dumb person but so be it I guess.

And please, next time read all of what I am writing instead of only picking up one line.
Seems you agree on my main point being valid: few little girls crying about not being able to keep doing the crap they are used to.

Besides, you are obviously as lowskilled as you consider me, otherwise you would just stfu and play instead of bitching in the forum how mean the developers are for taking your "exploiting skill" away ;)
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #421 on: June 12, 2012, 04:01:13 pm »
Worst part of the patch: Bugged Stairs/wooden planks/undergrounds on siege, bugged spawns and hitting through enemies with overheads. Oh, and no fighting sounds in spec.

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #422 on: June 12, 2012, 04:25:13 pm »
+7
I just wish people would finally grasp the difference between things that happened intentionally and unintentionally and treat them differently.

(click to show/hide)

(Not directed at anyone specifically)

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #423 on: June 12, 2012, 04:26:55 pm »
+1
I just wish people would finally grasp the difference between things that happened intentionally and unintentionally and treat them differently.

(click to show/hide)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: June 12, 2012, 04:37:55 pm »

(click to show/hide)

Sometimes it's not that easy to tell the difference  :wink:

Offline ThePoopy

• Earl
  • Renown: 411
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • .l..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: PolePoop
« Reply #425 on: June 12, 2012, 04:44:31 pm »
soo... was turn speed just a bug the whole time? :?

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: June 12, 2012, 05:20:14 pm »
You have admin powers in DayZ?

(click to show/hide)
Oh snap!

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #427 on: June 12, 2012, 05:38:16 pm »
+3
I dont share your opinion joker. This may be a game which is based on teamplay but it should not nerf those "good" players  because as you mentioned:

But if the game changes, it's not your own char any more. It was your char, but then it was taken and changed, and now it's something different. You don't have to live with your decisions any more, you have to live with the dev's decisions. Which sucks and can lead to GTXs. I guess it's only a few per patch, but still, no need to scare people away.

Also all of you who cry about realism : STFU really i cant read it anymore if i want realism i´ll take my knife and slash people in real live  :evil:

I don't know why you quoted exctly this part.  :?

I am not complaining about the fact that characters and gameplay mechanics are being changed, I think it's great and a must for a very long time, until something is "perfect", if it reaches this state at all. I am just complaining about the fact that with a nerf certain builds can suddenly become unviable, but the particular players are stuck with them, without their fault.

This is not an argument against limiting the impact of skill on the game. If you want a big playerbase, limit the skill ceiling, it's that easy. No one likes skill ceilings which go up the sky, except of the hardcore gamers, because as soon as one of those, who played the game already over 2500 hours, connects to the server, you are being degraded to some kind of "intelligent bot", just to fall victim for his superior reflexes and muscle memory. Things like that make a game lose players until only those hardcore gamers are left. That's why you need a skill ceiling which does not allow a single player to dominate a game... or two or three. I should need a good amount of capable players (~ 10+) who do not only have the better fighting skills but also play a) together with each other and b) with the team. In any other scenario the differences should be ironed out by the auto balancer, so that their superior skill, never mind how long they played it and how good their reflexes are, should only have minimal impact on the overall battle.

You just have to leave your point of view, and look at the matter from a neutral perspective: sure, some players invested an incredible amount of time into gaining those mad skillz, and it's incredibly rewarding and fun to kill ten enemy players a round, but don't expect to be taken into consideration for balancing. If anything, you will be limited, not buffed or supported. Because you are not the average.

It's like having professional sportsmen join the folks on the football/basketball/whatever court in the park, those daddies with their sons, the teenagers, the workmates on hometime or whatever. The professionals have the ball all the time, and score one point after another. And suddenly the guy who does the referee decides that the ball needs to be passed after five seconds to someone else, which is a nerf to the professional sportsmen. And they complain why you introduce this rule, and how it takes a lot of skill out of the game. Skill they have. And the answer is: so that everyone can have fun.

Guys who kill several enemies in a row are those professionals, and they need to be limited to some extend. So if someone complains that he can't take up on five enemies with an Ashwood Pike or a Long Spear any more, I think things are still perfectly fine.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Latrinenkobold

• Earl
  • Renown: 332
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Stop the nerfs
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hagur
« Reply #428 on: June 12, 2012, 05:50:14 pm »

Also all of you who cry about realism : STFU really i cant read it anymore if i want realism i´ll take my knife and slash people in real live  :evil:

I am not complaining about the fact that characters and gameplay mechanics are being changed, I think it's great and a must for a very long time, until something is "perfect", if it reaches this state at all. I am just complaining about the fact that with a nerf certain builds can suddenly become unviable, but the particular players are stuck with them, without their fault.

This is not an argument against limiting the impact of skill on the game. If you want a big playerbase, limit the skill ceiling, it's that easy. No one likes skill ceilings which go up the sky, except of the hardcore gamers, because as soon as one of those, who played the game already over 2500 hours, connects to the server, you are being degraded to some kind of "intelligent bot", just to fall victim for his superior reflexes and muscle memory. Things like that make a game lose players until only those hardcore gamers are left. That's why you need a skill ceiling which does not allow a single player to dominate a game... or two or three. I should need a good amount of capable players (~ 10+) who do not only have the better fighting skills but also play a) together with each other and b) with the team. In any other scenario the differences should be ironed out by the auto balancer, so that their superior skill, never mind how long they played it and how good their reflexes are, should only have minimal impact on the overall battle.

You just have to leave your point of view, and look at the matter from a neutral perspective: sure, some players invested an incredible amount of time into gaining those mad skillz, and it's incredibly rewarding and fun to kill ten enemy players a round, but don't expect to be taken into consideration for balancing. If anything, you will be limited, not buffed or supported. Because you are not the average.

It's like having professional sportsmen join the folks on the football/basketball/whatever court in the park, those daddies with their sons, the teenagers, the workmates on hometime or whatever. The professionals have the ball all the time, and score one point after another. And suddenly the guy who does the referee decides that the ball needs to be passed after five seconds to someone else, which is a nerf to the professional sportsmen. And they complain why you introduce this rule, and how it takes a lot of skill out of the game. Skill they have. And the answer is: so that everyone can have fun.

Guys who kill several enemies in a row are those professionals, and they need to be limited to some extend. So if someone complains that he can't take up on five enemies with an Ashwood Pike or a Long Spear any more, I think things are still perfectly fine.

Such a great text for one sentence  :shock:

Be honest you are just jelly because you got 22 kills and 17231 deaths on you char  :D

I can understand your point of view and its nice and so on but i dont approve it.

I got a better idea than starting a discussion now : Let the devs decide what they do with their mod  :D

Offline Endo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: June 12, 2012, 05:53:46 pm »

(click to show/hide)

Except it doesn't really feel like it's lessened the power of the best players at all, despite the forum whining. All that has been achieved is making melee a little bit less fun for everyone.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #430 on: June 12, 2012, 06:00:41 pm »
+6
All that has been achieved is making melee a little bit less fun for everyone.

Guys, we have a mass mind reader.
You read mine wrong, though.

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 12, 2012, 06:02:13 pm »

Great post!
Without raging about the crybabies I might have come up with this too.
Too bad most won't even try to understand.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: June 12, 2012, 06:06:59 pm »
Maybe he just discarded your opinion of the gameplay because it was based on too little playtime.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #433 on: June 12, 2012, 06:14:08 pm »
+5
Maybe he just discarded your opinion of the gameplay because it was based on too little playtime.

So if I play more I'll start liking spinstabs? Cool.
Maybe it was the same with one-shot-one-kill archery, people didn't like it because they didn't play enough. Gonna put it back in the game immediately now that I know.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #434 on: June 12, 2012, 06:16:47 pm »
Such a great text for one sentence  :shock:

Be honest you are just jelly because you got 22 kills and 17231 deaths on you char  :D

Dayum! You got me!  :oops:

I can understand your point of view and its nice and so on but i dont approve it.

I got a better idea than starting a discussion now : Let the devs decide what they do with their mod  :D

I do. And as we can see, they decided to lower the turning speed, which is most likely aimed at achieving a higher level or realism. Don't take me wrong, I always think that gameplay+balance > realism, but to be honest those insta-stabs to someone behind you are retarded. We are all just that used to it, that we don't see the retardness any more.

My whole point about those skill elitists was only a reaction to WarLords complaint about not being able to fight 5 enemies with a spear weapon, because he was able to do so before, and that skill was removed. My basic answer was: too much skill kills a game, because there will always be players who go overboard with skill by playing 6 hours a day for years, breaking any balance possible.

Actually, I would LOVE to see an official developer post, which explains how the game is supposed to be, and what the devs want to achieve. I think it would reduce the amount of complaints and "bad/wrong" suggestions massively. Given that the dev team knows how the game is supposed to look like one day. But in the end chadz decides, anyway.  :wink:
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)