Author Topic: Resume Crafting  (Read 1213 times)

Offline Nebun

• Duke
  • Renown: 532
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • - BAD BECAUSE RUSSIAN -
    • View Profile
Resume Crafting
« on: June 04, 2012, 11:12:34 am »
+3
If you didn't play for a day or two, please make it so crafting resumes automatically when u start playing again. Just about everyone i know forgets to put crafting back on.
Could there be some trigger that when u playing it resumes last action in a fief?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 11:39:27 am by Nebun »
when UIF looks at you
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Libertha

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Libertha
Re: Resume Crafting
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 02:12:23 pm »
that would just make certain people crafting bots( as it was before i guess), notify them about it and let them turn it back on, its not a big deal.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 02:15:19 pm »
+2
That's stupid, Libertha, it just adds completely pointless micromanagement. It does nothing to actually make those people more involved in the game, it's just an annoying chore for both the players and their leaders.

As for the original suggestion, obviously I support it, since I already made it a couple of days ago. :P
Don't.

Offline Libertha

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 02:16:21 pm »
atleast then they have to open strategus... it is a chore yes, and a good one.  if you can play crpg you can also take the 1 minute of your time to put your crafting back on.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 02:20:47 pm »
+1
The thought that somebody would actually want to add even more pointless micro to Strat just for the sake of it simply blows my mind.

Luckily I have faith that chadz knows better than that. As far as I know the point of this change wasn't to make Strat more of a pain in the ass to deal with, but to reduce the effectiveness of spamming members who hardly ever play the game. It'll still do that just as well after this change, it'll just make less people want to shoot themselves every time they look at their villagers' action list. It already demands enough activity from the average drone (too much for some) to regularly transfer trade goods to the leaders.
Don't.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 02:36:52 pm »
MORE POINTLESS THINGS NOW!

We should have to post juggling videos onto the forum and get at least +12 votes before we are allowed to enter a fief, including ones we own.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Libertha

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2012, 02:40:20 pm »
sounds like a fabulous idea sir. troll

Offline Nebun

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2012, 02:56:13 pm »
+1
sorry Okin didn't read much forum and didn't see your suggestion, but yes ppl play CRPG and so they are active and it means they should craft on strat.
Reminding lots of members of your clan to torn on craft every day is just silly, especially if you don't see what everyone is doing in their fiefs.
when UIF looks at you

Offline mandible/splinteryourjaw

• Knight
  • Renown: 50
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2012, 09:36:38 pm »
^^^I don't have to worry about this, but I agree with Nebun because not only could it be time consuming, but it makes Nebun and other clan leaders become the wives/MILs of their clans and nobody wants to be nagged to death all the time.  It has the potential to cause people to sign off when they see Nebun or other clan members sign on or just stop playing totally...because they don't want to be nagged constantly with;

Nebun:  "Did you remember to turn on your crafting?"
JoeIgor: "Dammit Nebun, YES YES YES I told you yesterday YES."
Nebun: "But this is today man, just making sure you put your time in and turned crafting back on."
JoeIgor: "FIDLGB!!!!!!"

and this conversation occurs 128 times every day when it really doesn't need to.  Because................................................................. it can be automated

edited to correct name :P
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 09:45:40 pm by mandible/splinteryourjaw »

Offline Nebun

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2012, 10:26:13 pm »
mandible :))) exactly just as u said
when UIF looks at you

Offline Rhalzo

• Duke
  • Renown: 599
  • Infamy: 48
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2012, 10:49:51 pm »
^^^I don't have to worry about this, but I agree with Nebun because not only could it be time consuming, but it makes Nebun and other clan leaders become the wives/MILs of their clans and nobody wants to be nagged to death all the time.  It has the potential to cause people to sign off when they see Nebun or other clan members sign on or just stop playing totally...because they don't want to be nagged constantly with;

Nebun: "But this is today man, just making sure you put your time in and turned crafting back on."

and this conversation occurs 128 times every day when it really doesn't need to.  Because................................................................. it can be automated

Indeed, fuck it dude, let's go bowling.

Rhalzo's already in Chaos' cooler older brother clan, he's fine riding his motorcycle around in a leather jacket smoking cigarettes with GIRLS, our little treehouse isn't his speed anymore.

Offline King_Itchy

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_King_Itchy**Fro_Zone
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2012, 11:42:29 pm »
+1

Seriously,  I play this game to get away from my freaking nagging wife and now I have become what it is I try to get away from.  Please do something about this because it will kill the game.