• cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Re: ticks
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2012, 11:56:33 pm »
so only actual cprg players can be of use in strat and not some friends from wherever who never play.
the current 2:1 tick is a bit harsh though, alot of normal crpg players can't keep up with that amount each day.
the idea is good, but maybe a little nerf could be applied  :wink:

I played for a couple hours on weds/thurs night, and I was still crafting today (after being gone all weekend).  I'd say it's a perfect system.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Bjarky

• Earl
  • Renown: 352
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • U got gold? I bring tea, silk, hemp, camels +more!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Leadership member)
  • Game nicks: Guard_BD_Bjarky, Guard_the_Lederhosen
  • IRC nick: bjarky
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2012, 12:35:57 am »
+1
yeah its nice that we can build up a stash of ticks, thats for sure, but u still have to play enough of hours to get that done, if u work alot fx, it can become quite tricky to get to the needed hours per week.
it all depends who u are talking to btw., but seeing that actually a good amount of the active people get switched to nothing is interesting  :wink:

Offline ArysOakheart

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1322
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Arys_TheDrunkenPeasant
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2012, 03:22:53 am »
So if I play for multiple hours in one day, does that roll over for the next day/s?

Offline Libertha

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Libertha
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2012, 03:46:56 am »
lets say fx you play 3 hours on EU1, not counting downtime with mapchange etc. that will give you 180 ticks, you need 48 ticks to cover 24hours of crafting in strategus,

that gives you 80 hours of crafting build up, which will decrease each hour, and ofcourse gain more when you get more ticks. so basically, 3 hours of EU1 per 3,75 days, that doesnt sound to hardcore to me, play 6 hours a week for a full week of crafting...

Offline Knute

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 682
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2012, 05:20:13 am »
5 hours a week to craft goods for one week in strategus seems a bit much, especially if we're not getting ticks during strat battles at the moment.  1:1 or 2.5 hours per week would be much better, especially for people who work.  If this was put in place to hinder people who run multiple accounts, it would be like the police blowing up an entire neighborhood because there's a rumor a terrorist hiding in one of the houses.  :)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2012, 05:24:27 pm »
+2
5 hours a week to craft goods for one week in strategus seems a bit much, especially if we're not getting ticks during strat battles at the moment.  1:1 or 2.5 hours per week would be much better, especially for people who work.  If this was put in place to hinder people who run multiple accounts, it would be like the police blowing up an entire neighborhood because there's a rumor a terrorist hiding in one of the houses.  :)

No, it doesn't.  You shouldn't be actively crafting in strategus if you aren't playing c-rpg.  5 hours of gameplay a week seems good to me.  You want people to be 100% effective in strategus when they aren't even playing the fucking game?  That was a huge problem to begin with, and I think making people playing a few hours a week to get rid of ghost strat accounts is the perfect solution.  Sorry if that means you ghost/inactive accounts won't be as useful as actual people who play the game, that's the way it should be.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Farrix

• Baron
  • Renown: 122
  • Infamy: 77
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2012, 09:16:58 pm »

well, your analogy is not entirely correct. If you follow US gov policy for identifying terrorists these days then every male within fighting age (i think 16-65) that is killed around said house (in the destroyed neighborhood) would be considered a terrorist unless proved otherwise posthumously. So accordingly, the police would have killed hundreds of terrorists in their own f-d up reality. Actual reality doesn't play much of a role anymore in the "War on Terror"

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2012, 09:33:34 pm »
well, your analogy is not entirely correct. If you follow US gov policy for identifying terrorists these days then every male within fighting age (i think 16-65) that is killed around said house (in the destroyed neighborhood) would be considered a terrorist unless proved otherwise posthumously. So accordingly, the police would have killed hundreds of terrorists in their own f-d up reality. Actual reality doesn't play much of a role anymore in the "War on Terror"

Never complain without offering a solution.  What's the solution?

Offline Farrix

• Baron
  • Renown: 122
  • Infamy: 77
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2012, 09:42:46 pm »
ignorance is bliss sir.

Roll with it and hope you're not in the vicinity of a "terrorist" when the bombs drop.

As far as the strat issue: I dunno dude, figure it out for urself!