Author Topic: Did they nerf xbow ?  (Read 1997 times)

Offline Plavor

• Baron
  • Renown: 83
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Yoshis are dragons, not dinos!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Plavor
  • IRC nick: Plavor
Did they nerf xbow ?
« on: June 02, 2012, 12:43:48 pm »
Since the new patch, it feels like my arbalest got nerfed.

I often need 2 shots for light armor guys and even 3 for heavy kuyak or in this armor lvl although I got
MW Arbalest + MW Steelbolts.

Before the patch, it was fine, I could 2 shot heavy kuyaks and often 1 shot light armor.

Did they nerf xbow in general or did they decrease bodydmg but increase headdmg ?

Would be nice to know because I think all xbowers who at least plays with an arbalest feels the difference.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 12:49:05 pm by Plavor »

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
Re: Did they nerfed xbow ?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 12:49:38 pm »
+1
Maybe it's because stronger builds are becoming more popular? I am 24/15 for the first time lol. I have never had so few agility before. Also more and more people get their stuff +3 so u usually need to add 10 more armour and then your lightly armoured enemies aren't so light :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Skyrim UI

Offline Polobow

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoA
Re: Did they nerf xbow ?
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 02:28:23 pm »
100p dmg is quite something.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 02:52:13 pm »
It doesn't look like arbalest is worth it anymore. You rarely one-shot at all, and that was the one thing it had over a regular crossbow.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Plavor

• Baron
  • Renown: 83
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Yoshis are dragons, not dinos!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Plavor
  • IRC nick: Plavor
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 03:08:16 pm »
Yea, you are right.

I am xbower and i kill more ppl in melee than with my arbalest
But sometimes, its quite good to have an arbalest :D

Offline Rumsfeld

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 07:20:44 pm »
Aye the Arbalest is pretty overnerfed atm.

For perspective an arbalest doesn't kill a Peasant in DTV, and verse players it doesn't kill an average naked level 30.  And I have seen heavily armored str builds survive 4 hits.

172 wpf.

Considering the incredible reload time, 1315 repair cost, and extra slot requirement, it really needs a boost to accuracy, damage and missile speed.

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2012, 07:32:56 pm »
Just out of interest, you guys do realise proximity counts right?

A person far away will survive several shots (unless shot in the head), whereas ones closer to release will take greatly icnreased damage, leading to one shots. Crossbows are more short-mid ranged weapons, you hit targets that are closer in armour up to around 40ish you will one hit (or i do with MW arbalest)

In my eyes, as a arbalest user i think its fine as it does 100p and so does icnredible amounts of damage, however i would like it if speed was slightly increased however.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2012, 07:37:45 pm »
In my eyes, as a arbalest user i think its fine as it does 100p and so does icnredible amounts of damage

Sounds good on paper, in practice a good 2h slash does more.
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Segd

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 88
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2012, 07:40:57 pm »
Aye the Arbalest is pretty overnerfed atm.

For perspective an arbalest doesn't kill a Peasant in DTV, and verse players it doesn't kill an average naked level 30.  And I have seen heavily armored str builds survive 4 hits.

172 wpf.

Considering the incredible reload time, 1315 repair cost, and extra slot requirement, it really needs a boost to accuracy, damage and missile speed.
Accuracy is fine, but more dmg is always good(2x dmg for 2x reloading time would be nice).

By the way, there is an accuracy cap(150wpf max for Crossbow for example)

fell the difference  :lol:
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 08:02:05 pm by Segd »

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2012, 07:44:02 pm »
Sounds good on paper, in practice a good 2h slash does more.

Thats why im 2H crossbow haha

Langes Messer, two handed is very quick and powerful with 7 PS and 23 STR

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DenBitre_Sir_Agor
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2012, 07:54:18 pm »
just amount of str players and horses grow, so it is to had to play arbalester today, you cant 1shot anymore, because even archer go for 8pd today so they have more hp to survive. Eu1 map rotation has many open maps where you cant reload because of cav, so my opinian today in better to use Heavy xbow(less repairs, less reload speed, need allmost allways same amount of shots to kill).
shooting at people from a reachable place as last man standing is not delaying. Even if you're on the other side of the map.

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2012, 07:58:20 pm »
I still get 1 hit by xbows at some points, which is ridicolous. That u can end a player, by just using the tricker once. And u at the same time far away and nearly not in danger at all. Yet u have the power to 1 hit.

And xbows(all of em) in a server does in average 50-60% dmg on me with my lordly body and +1 gloves. There is a guy called Soulless on the siege servers, he only uses his xbow(arbalest), and he gets nearly as many kills as me. And im nearly always first spot in my team.

I have the aggressive class(2h), which means i am constantly in danger, everytime i fight. But he just sits back and kill people, without being in danger. So he doesnt die as much as everybody else.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 08:01:39 pm by _GTX_ »

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2012, 09:27:14 am »
But GTX , that's siege . I made an xbowmen alt to check if it was OP regular arbalest+steel bolts never one hit and 9/10 times in siege I didn't make the finishing blow but I just wounded the attackers as defenders which helps minimal because they respawn in 2 seconds.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2012, 09:42:51 am »
Was one-shot twice yesterday in the chest by xbow and I am level 30. But I am also a full HA, so just 15 str and no IF wearing light armour, I find it lame as fuck considering it costs me alot of gold to even play a HA, but also agreeable considering the lack of HP and armour I have.

I wouldn't expect it to 1hit me if I wore heavier armour though, otherwise that would just be a piss take. Then again, being 1 shot by anything ( that isn't a headshot ) is pretty lame when you're not even making much gold at x5 because your horse, bow and arrows just seem to keep on breaking, lol. But I stick at it because it really fucking annoys people when I shoot them off their horse, ride around bumping and shooting them until they die.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2012, 12:56:21 pm »
When I was a horse crossbow last generation, an arbalest shot with no speed bonus and at mid range would never take more then 60% off my 12 str 2 IF char with ~50 body armour. I imagine that, bar extreme speed bonuses, a armoured str character probably requires 3 bolts to kill from a MW arbalest.

With low armour and no IF, then yes you can get oneshot, or with massive speed bonus you can get oneshot. I don't see a problem with either situation. Low armour people are damnable rabble which deserves it anyway.
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".