Author Topic: Bannerbalance  (Read 2375 times)

Offline KaffeKalle

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: KaffeKalle, CheeseChester, CedricTheBald, DartLeif, Baglady
Bannerbalance
« on: June 01, 2012, 01:37:26 pm »
I understand that clans would prefer to play together and everything, but Im starting to get rather fed up with siege when one of the big clans are on, and I get game after game after game of unexcitement and uneveness, goldloss and low xp-gains.

Wouldnt it be possible to make a system that detects if there is just one huge stack, and have it split that stack in two to even the teams and have the games become more even and entertaining for everyone? Not like all those onesided victories could be very entertaining either.

Edit: if this could be moved to suggestions I guess that would be good!

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
Re: Bannerbalance
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 01:41:42 pm »
I understand that clans would prefer to play together and everything, but Im starting to get rather fed up with siege when one of the big clans are on, and I get game after game after game of unexcitement and uneveness, goldloss and low xp-gains.

Wouldnt it be possible to make a system that detects if there is just one huge stack, and have it split that stack in two to even the teams and have the games become more even and entertaining for everyone? Not like all those onesided victories could be very entertaining either.

Edit: if this could be moved to suggestions I guess that would be good!

It's sad, but a lot of clans do things like that just so they can roll a server for hours. Not a fan of banner balance myself, but good luck getting it changed.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 02:06:01 pm »
+1
Join a clan, it makes playing any game so much better.

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 02:12:38 pm »
+5
I think if a group of organised people is playing in a clan and they want to be together then they should be in 1 team. They are clan! This is the point. If your clan owns, you have the right to be with clanmates always. It would have no sense if a clan was getting separated because they are good. They are clan because they want to win together. If they own, they have the right to win unless another good clan or just a good group of randoms beat them.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Skyrim UI

Offline Gimest

• Baron
  • Renown: 101
  • Infamy: 40
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pantheon
  • Game nicks: Gimest_DeGyrst
  • IRC nick: Gimest
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 03:48:05 pm »
+1
Problem with siege is, theres normally 2-3 bigger clans playing, and mostly get all to same side and randomers/smaller clans in the other.

Offline KaffeKalle

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 04:29:55 pm »
I think if a group of organised people is playing in a clan and they want to be together then they should be in 1 team. They are clan! This is the point. If your clan owns, you have the right to be with clanmates always. It would have no sense if a clan was getting separated because they are good. They are clan because they want to win together. If they own, they have the right to win unless another good clan or just a good group of randoms beat them.

If they want to play clangames with their clan they can face off against other clans. Not farm money and xp in siege which is more or less free for all.
I just want a fair game where I dont get hopeless odds stacked against me all the time, one would think that having fair and fun games would be more important than constantly playing with your clanbuddies and stacking against a bunch of randoms and winning 95% of the games. Cutting the one big stack in half and evening it out between teams would still let the clanplayers play together with alot of their friends while being more entertaining for the 40 randoms who would otherwise just be playing in a losing team against an almighty organised stack.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2012, 04:41:54 pm »
+1
Clanstacking is a great thing as long as the matches remain balanced. You can have both.

Offline Scrambles720

• Knight
  • Renown: 25
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Scrambles_Astralis
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2012, 04:49:24 pm »
If you cant beat em, join em. Now stop whining you little baby.

Offline KaffeKalle

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2012, 05:14:41 pm »
I dont have anything against clanstacking, but it doesnt promote fun games when there is just one clan around.

And "If you cant beat them join them" is a fucking retarded concept.

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2012, 05:19:33 pm »
+1
Maybe devs can analyze win / loss ratios and tweak the banner- and autobalance systems a bit to make it harder to steamroll a server?

I remember EU1 going 30 vs 45+ when we had a group of Mercs. If one team is doing too good -> just move more players to the other team.

Offline KaffeKalle

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2012, 05:44:07 pm »
+1
While that would probably work to some extent, I'd personally prefer a straight split of a stack.

I feel I should clarify that Id only want this done when there is just the one big stack online, if there are 5 greys in at the same time as 10 hre I do not see the need for such balancing as long as they arent in the same team.

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2012, 05:49:26 pm »
+1
Well, if a fair balance can't be achieved, a straight 50-50 split for the biggest bannergroup would be good.

But allowing people to be on the same team should have priority. Even if it means causing odd team counts like 30 vs 45.

I mean, the whole point of the banner balance system is to allow people to play together on the same team. If using the same banner would mean you'd get split into two groups all the time, the system isn't working.

Right now, i think one team can only have a maximum of 50% people using the same banner. So it all depends on how many people are using that one banner.

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Every Clan, but mostly Ninja!
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Renay
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2012, 06:03:41 pm »
Get better at the game and stop complaining, bitches!
Blackbow is a bad admin,he once told me sandfriend It broked all my desire from the game/forums,i felt devastated,horrible don't know how to fix it.

Offline KaffeKalle

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2012, 06:12:19 pm »
Well, if a fair balance can't be achieved, a straight 50-50 split for the biggest bannergroup would be good.

But allowing people to be on the same team should have priority. Even if it means causing odd team counts like 30 vs 45.

I mean, the whole point of the banner balance system is to allow people to play together on the same team. If using the same banner would mean you'd get split into two groups all the time, the system isn't working.

Right now, i think one team can only have a maximum of 50% people using the same banner. So it all depends on how many people are using that one banner.

Well, naturally, but siege and battle work quite differently in terms of balance. Im not sure an uneven number would work in siege, might be hard for the stackers that way. But I dont have a perfect solution, I just think that balancing the way its handled now is problematic and personally, if I was in one of the big clans I would prefer being split up and have fun even games, over having constant x5 and easymode.

Renay, how eloquent and constructive of you...

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2012, 06:23:51 pm »
At the moment if a banner has really too many people it will fuck up the balance. But that's not a fatality. All teams can be balanced, resulting in uneven player counts if needed, while keeping the clans together as much as possible.

That is, if a clan is doing good, just remove a few randomers from that team and put them in the other team.