Author Topic: Star Conflict  (Read 5811 times)

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
Re: Star Conflict
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2012, 09:24:21 pm »
If you play WoT like that for 3-4 months, you will have "what you want", too.

You simply cant buy "the op shit" in WoT.The Gold tanks are mostly rather mediocre, with a few exceptions, but no OP stuff.Gold ammo is rarely used because it costs too much for what it gives you in benefits.It rarely has any effect on the game at all.

I agree that the gameplay itself on tribes is a bit more skill-based, but that´s due to the natures of the games, not because of bought advantages.

I can invest a lot in Tribes and bomb the shit out of anyone with 100s dfferent weapons like plasma and such, and I can do the same in WoT.Will that make me superior to skilled players?No.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Momo

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Momo_
  • IRC nick: Momo
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2012, 09:39:54 pm »
If you play WoT like that for 3-4 months, you will have "what you want", too.

You simply cant buy "the op shit" in WoT.The Gold tanks are mostly rather mediocre, with a few exceptions, but no OP stuff.Gold ammo is rarely used because it costs too much for what it gives you in benefits.It rarely has any effect on the game at all.

I agree that the gameplay itself on tribes is a bit more skill-based, but that´s due to the natures of the games, not because of bought advantages.

I can invest a lot in Tribes and bomb the shit out of anyone with 100s dfferent weapons like plasma and such, and I can do the same in WoT.Will that make me superior to skilled players?No.

No, but a skilled player with gold ammo can make a big difference... Tribes is still a better F2P example imo.
I was the first one who started -1-ing everyone, now everyone does it to everyone.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2012, 09:44:11 pm »
It´s just the same with Tribes and Gold players.

I dont play it often enough to know exactly which weapons are very good and which are not, but I have had a few encounters and I know guys who play it every day a lot.

A skilled Player who bought a Plasma gun for his raider or whatever can make a big difference just as a WoT player with gold ammo can do.

Btw, Gold ammo ONLY increases Penetration on guns, not damage.Meaning that the only real difference is in lower tier battles, when there are tanks that arent really able to hurt some others, and if people are noobs who cant aim.

Every tank has his weakspot, and you dont need gold ammo to penetrate there.

Gold ammo is pretty much useless to skilled players due to this.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.

Offline Momo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2012, 09:51:53 pm »
It´s just the same with Tribes and Gold players.

I dont play it often enough to know exactly which weapons are very good and which are not, but I have had a few encounters and I know guys who play it every day a lot.

A skilled Player who bought a Plasma gun for his raider or whatever can make a big difference just as a WoT player with gold ammo can do.

Btw, Gold ammo ONLY increases Penetration on guns, not damage.Meaning that the only real difference is in lower tier battles, when there are tanks that arent really able to hurt some others, and if people are noobs who cant aim.

Every tank has his weakspot, and you dont need gold ammo to penetrate there.

Gold ammo is pretty much useless to skilled players due to this.

But in Tribes, you can get the Plasma gun by grinding not just for gold, nobody gets any advantage if they buy items for gold, they get it instantly and that's it. You can't get gold ammo in WoT without gold. It still gives you an advantage, even if small, it does not matter if you are skilled or not, you get the small advantage by the gold ammo.
I was the first one who started -1-ing everyone, now everyone does it to everyone.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2012, 09:55:50 pm »
Did you buy gold in tribes to gain vip status?

If no, try grinding to the plasma gun, or any good gun for that instance.It will be hard.

In WoT, you can get a marginal advantage by buying it, which is so small pretty much nobody uses it.

Tribes is all profiled for either heavy grind or having to pay a lot to get what you want.

in WoT, you can easily play totally without buying, and you will have most of the content relatively soon.In Tribes, you either need to play a lot or really long to get a small part of content, or pay horrendous amounts of money.

Offline Momo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2012, 10:06:47 pm »
Did you buy gold in tribes to gain vip status?

If no, try grinding to the plasma gun, or any good gun for that instance.It will be hard.

In WoT, you can get a marginal advantage by buying it, which is so small pretty much nobody uses it.

Tribes is all profiled for either heavy grind or having to pay a lot to get what you want.

in WoT, you can easily play totally without buying, and you will have most of the content relatively soon.In Tribes, you either need to play a lot or really long to get a small part of content, or pay horrendous amounts of money.

No, I didn't buy vip status in Tribes, I don't like wasting money on things like that. Only the weapons are expensive (100k xp), it's hard but not impossbile, if you have time, you can grind that 100k in one week or two, then you can enjoy it. All other things are pretty cheap. And most of the standard weapons are really good for every class. Luckily, I like the standard weapons on the Brute, and that's the only class I play, so I just maxed out my weapons, armor, and belt item. Atm I am grinding for another pack, and with that I will have every desired item. I could grind for the recently added new weapons for the Brute, but I don't like them. You can try out every weapon in practice mode so you can decide what do you want so you won't grind for disappointment. In WoT, you can't even test the tanks which are locked. When I had to grind several tanks just for the desired tanks I was really disappointed because they were ridiculously shit but how should I know that?

Edit: It does not matter if the advantage is small, the fact that you can BUY that small advantage for real money does not change.
Edit 2: Oh, my friend just said that you can't get skins in Tribes for xp, just for gold, but who cares about that, they don't get any advantage with other skin.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 10:10:14 pm by Momo »

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2012, 10:10:07 pm »
There is pretty much at all time a test client with test servers online.You get like 10 times the exp and credits(or more, dont know exactly)per match there and start with 15000 gold.

So you CAN test tanks.

Also, if you have the time, you can grind to most tanks in a week or two, too.

The only thing you are hanging yourself up on right now is the thing with the gold ammo, which only gives ridiculously low advantages.But other than Hi-rez Studios, Wargaming doesnt demand sky-high prices for basic items...Seriously, almost 10 euro for a weapon?I still cant get over it.

Offline Momo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2012, 10:14:47 pm »
There is pretty much at all time a test client with test servers online.You get like 10 times the exp and credits(or more, dont know exactly)per match there and start with 15000 gold.

So you CAN test tanks.

Also, if you have the time, you can grind to most tanks in a week or two, too.

The only thing you are hanging yourself up on right now is the thing with the gold ammo, which only gives ridiculously low advantages.But other than Hi-rez Studios, Wargaming doesnt demand sky-high prices for basic items...Seriously, almost 10 euro for a weapon?I still cant get over it.

Well, I didn't know about that. You don't like the 10 euro, then grind xp instead, you have the option. You can't get gold ammo in WoT for xp, if there would be an option like that, now that would be FAIR. Btw, why are you arguing with me? It is true that the gold ammo in WoT gives small advantage but the fact is still there that you can have an unfair advantage over others with it.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2012, 10:26:15 pm »
You call it unfair that you can buy a minimum advantage for gold in WoT(Which is, as said, minimal and barely used), I call it unfair that you can buy EVERYTHING in Tribes with Gold.

See, in WoT you have to do something to get better and the best tanks.That´s fair.Everyone needs to work for what they play.Sure, you can make it a bit easier with gold, but the advantage isnt big at all and can easily be made up.Yes, you can buy gold ammo, which has higher penetration rates.This is however of no real importance in higher tier battles, since from T7+ you will mostly be able to penetrate anything you will face.

In Tribes, if I am a rich spoiled bastard, I just buy everything there is to buy.Which would be EVERYTHING.There is nothing really you can get in tribes you wouldnt be able to get with gold.

This is basically what I meant: I prefer the first model, because it´s closer to an actual normal multiplayer game imo.

Offline Momo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2012, 10:46:59 pm »
Why is it unfair that you can buy everything in Tribes for gold? You can grind 99.9% of the items. I think that's fair. Everyone has the same chances, no GOLD only bullshit which gives even a small advantage, everyone can be COMPLETELY EQUAL to another, of course, in terms of items. Yes, it is unfair to buy "advantage" in any game. If I am a rich spoiled brat I just buy a lot of gold in WoT , convert it to xp, then buy the best tank and gold ammo, it's not different and I even get a small advantage over others.Tribes is the closest multiplayer game to what all F2P game should be. Also, in Tribes too, if you choose to grind, you grind, but you also have to earn the skill, like in WoT, and you can't make it easier at all. You need to work for your things. Buying items which are available only for real money (and gives you even a small advantage) disgust me in every F2P game.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2012, 10:50:44 pm »
If I am a rich spoiled brat I just buy a lot of gold in WoT , convert it to xp, then buy the best tank and gold ammo, it's not different an

You need to earn the exp first nonetheless.You cant magically fashion exp out of nowhere with gold, you can only convert exp on Elite Status vehicles(Fully researched)for gold to free exp.

But it seems we are just fans of different systems in this thing, so lets end this non-moving discussion with a friendly "To each his own " :)

Offline Momo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2012, 10:52:31 pm »
You need to earn the exp first nonetheless.You cant magically fashion exp out of nowhere with gold, you can only convert exp on Elite Status vehicles(Fully researched)for gold to free exp.

But it seems we are just fans of different systems in this thing, so lets end this non-moving discussion with a friendly "To each his own " :)

Seems legit, so discussion, end.  :D

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2012, 10:54:19 pm »
+1

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Goldor

• Knight
  • Renown: 33
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: America the Vulnerable
  • Game nicks: Goldor
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2012, 12:22:41 am »
I'm disappointed, I thought perhaps some one had gotten in the beta and was discussing a few things they where allowed to discuss. Instead it's just arguing over completely unrelated games. Least the argument ended civilly.

Anyone get in to the beta yet? They seem to hand out access fairly regularly.

Offline Momo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2012, 12:25:44 am »
I'm disappointed, I thought perhaps some one had gotten in the beta and was discussing a few things they where allowed to discuss. Instead it's just arguing over completely unrelated games. Least the argument ended civilly.

Anyone get in to the beta yet? They seem to hand out access fairly regularly.

I am waiting for my key atm, when I get in I will provide info for everyone here :3.