Author Topic: Re-Draw (panicking archers)  (Read 927 times)

Offline Punked

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re-Draw (panicking archers)
« on: May 30, 2012, 06:07:26 am »
Hey guys, Here's a suggestion for the books.

I absolutely hate when a archer can start pulling a arrow out of ones quiver while running away from you and then whip a round and nail u in the noggin. I don't know about u, buuutttt what if you are chasing down an archer and he is panicking to get that arrow out of the quiver and load it in to his/her bow and  Misses string/drops arrow/didn't set the arrow in the bow right (Arrow slipped out of his forward hand) and he has to re-draw, OR reset the arrow and properly draw it again? It will give the Chaser a chance to not get hit in the face by a +3 Bodkin being shot from a +3 Long Bow at Point blank range, in all honestly it should be fair. Here is another stand point if you are questioning Realism VS Balance : You (The Archer) are shooting your arrows in to melee and tagging everyone Having the adrenalin rush of getting a couple Head shots and are now tunnel visioned, you hear someone Unsheathe their weapon Behind you (preferably an axe) and u start darting across the battle field QQQ'ing (I Need Help!) and so in a last ditch effort you pull a arrow out of the quiver to get the chaser off you (the chasee) and are starting to load it in your bow and are still running. Your bow and arrow are unsteady around because you are running, there should be a margin of error of placing that arrow wrong, or missing the string to pull that arrow back, now the chaser has a chance to catch the chasee.

Yes I know this would be a nerf to archery so what? its not going to be a bad nerf, it be pretty nice to have margins of error on a skillful thing to do, on top of that being chased.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
Re: Re-Draw (panicking archers)
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 06:16:28 am »
+4
What if he isn't panicking? What if he has done that a thousand times before? What if he practising knocking arrows while sprinting? What if like every archer worth his salt he knows what the fuck is going on around him and waits for you to get close so he Kite you and in your fit of stupid shoot you as you "run him down".

Trying weaving about when chasing archers, don't use A/D move with the mouse. I have run down all of the best archers on NA, 80% I get blasted but I can do it. Everyone that cries about not being able to do everything all of the time should just go play native damn it.

Most archers are sitting on 7-8 ath and almost no weight, they can run real good. Unless you have an archer hunter class, chasing them is pointless. Lure them in some where and kill them, find a thrower and beg them to save you, don't chase them.

Are you part of that group of fools that chases horses?
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Punked

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 06:23:14 am »
What if he isn't panicking? What if he has done that a thousand times before? What if he practising knocking arrows while sprinting? What if like every archer worth his salt he knows what the fuck is going on around him and waits for you to get close so he Kite you and in your fit of stupid shoot you as you "run him down".

Trying weaving about when chasing archers, don't use A/D move with the mouse. I have run down all of the best archers on NA, 80% I get blasted but I can do it. Everyone that cries about not being able to do everything all of the time should just go play native damn it.

Most archers are sitting on 7-8 ath and almost no weight, they can run real good. Unless you have an archer hunter class, chasing them is pointless. Lure them in some where and kill them, find a thrower and beg them to save you, don't chase them.

Very fine re-post thank you for your input but to be honest it was probably made to the archers that might be the lastone and are just running.

Lol no im the group that waste thier bolts to shooting one down :)

Wouldnt WPF come in to account with this? and Masterworked items? if it is masterworked then it has been used/taught to son/daughter so that would me more disapline yes?

ahh but yes, they have alot of ath. but isnt there a speed reduction to an action done by the caracter ie jumping/attacking/blocking? so that would help solve that problem

Offline Wraist

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 07:02:46 am »
+1
Chance things are terrible :|

Edit: I hate archery more than the next guy, but realize that they have to spend as much points as melee in their skills [roughly], whereas xbows need at most 3 to be effective. Why are there nerf archer threads but not nerf xbow threads?, I would think that xbows would garner more hate for that reason alone :\

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 07:34:57 am »
Lol no im the group that waste thier bolts to shooting one down :)

How about crossbowmen panicking and dropping their crossbows, when a horse charges at them? That sounds much better.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 09:24:55 am »
If you look behind while running, there is a 15% chance per second to trip, fall, and drop your weapon!  :D
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Zandieer

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2012, 02:44:49 pm »
As we all know, players not on a horse are mere peasants and not trained properly in the ways of combat. Thus, when ever non-mounted player sees a horse charging his/her way, he/she automatically starts to panic and the player has no control over the characters movement, causing the character to run blindly in fear (and to drop all of their weapons). I think this would be realistic, too! :D

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2012, 05:55:26 pm »
As we all know, players not on a horse are mere peasants and not trained properly in the ways of combat. Thus, when ever non-mounted player sees a horse charging his/her way, he/she automatically starts to panic and the player has no control over the characters movement, causing the character to run blindly in fear (and to drop all of their weapons). I think this would be realistic, too! :D

This +1.

Players wearing over 30.000k in armour are exempted from this. Or in close proximity to one, even. But once knights die, peasant rabble runs away panicking.
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2012, 06:04:19 pm »
+1
I think this change should be implemented, with one addition.

Melee units should have a 5% chance of encountering a paralyzing fear when facing a large horde of the enemy. The player gets rooted to the ground for 15 seconds, contemplating the inherent frailty of human life and a deep introspective look at the perils of his immortal soul.

(click to show/hide)
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2012, 06:48:25 pm »
+2
No more nerfs are needed in cRPG unless you can show a significant overpowering of an item or class.  You have not met this criteria.  Please lock your whine thread and get a shield.  That will be all.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Zandieer

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2012, 08:03:56 pm »
No more nerfs are needed in cRPG unless you can show a significant overpowering of an item or class.  You have not met this criteria.  Please lock your whine thread and get a shield.  That will be all.

Listen to this sane person.

Offline Branches

• Noble
  • Renown: 24
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2012, 07:54:31 am »
+1
I don't know about u, buuutttt what if you are chasing down an archer and he is attempting to shoot you in the face with a +3 Bodkin being shot from a +3 Long Bow at Point blank range. You're pissing yourself and panicking so your weapon (preferably an axe) slips out of your sweaty hands and imbeds itself in your chest, in all honesty it should be fair.

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2012, 07:57:14 am »
Everyone should be panicking :)
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.