Author Topic: Any active (NA) factions that don't require members to be in voice chat?  (Read 787 times)

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beached_Dolphin, Sir_Hans
lookin fer something like that. if everyone has matching armor or something that's cool, ill play along  :mrgreen:

Offline PhantomZero

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm going to need you playing at 6AM on Saturday..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BIRD CLAN
  • Game nicks: POSTMASTER_PHANTOM0_OF_BIRD
  • IRC nick: PhantomZero
Honestly you cant even sit there and listen? Voice communication is important, even if you are just listening.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
The Abays clan had a rule of no voip only forum PMs, you should join them! The leader only had 23 alts though.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
I was in a clan where pretty much everyone used steam chat/in-game chat... even for scrims (with the exception of myself and a few others). It is incredibly distracting having a typing conversation going on which requires half your attention while you play. Push-to-talk is really useful for maintaining your ability to play.

If it's a confidence thing there really must be a clan out there that can make you feel welcome, I'm sure. If you have a speaking disability maybe try to explain that to a clan, they might still understand. If it's so severe you can't talk, then like Phantom said, even listening in on the channel is useful for coordination (more so than matching gear  :mrgreen:).
Professional poop cleaner

Offline Auphilia

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 190
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Hyrule doesn't require any voice chat. We have a Teamspeak, but mostly everyone in it just types or types in game. We like to keep things less noisy :3

Offline Lord_Panos

• Turkish
  • Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 203
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Abdul_Rashid_PanBaba,Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
are you the NA version of Leshma??  :twisted:
In this community,if you cheat,which is the ultimate crime to do in a game,you can buy a second cd key and everything is fine,but if you troll you get a permaban and be in danger for a second one,fair isn`t it?

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Cool, I'll have to check some of these out.

I wouldn't mind hopping in Ts/Vent for skirmishes or strat battles if those were happening but generally I don't like to play with voice chat :3 I like to hear the repeating grunts and battle cries of my female character  :twisted:

I just hit Gen 3 and my main is renamed Peerless_Clockwork_Golem
:3

thanks for the replies

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
I was in a clan where pretty much everyone used steam chat/in-game chat... even for scrims (with the exception of myself and a few others). It is incredibly distracting having a typing conversation going on which requires half your attention while you play. Push-to-talk is really useful for maintaining your ability to play.

If it's a confidence thing there really must be a clan out there that can make you feel welcome, I'm sure. If you have a speaking disability maybe try to explain that to a clan, they might still understand. If it's so severe you can't talk, then like Phantom said, even listening in on the channel is useful for coordination (more so than matching gear  :mrgreen:).

It's just more of a distracting type of thing honestly. In the past sitting in vents/ts for this game in normal siege/battle games, I've found that roughly 80% of the chit chat on voice chats have absolutely nothing to do with battle coordination, current plans and I wouldn't want to be in a faction again where people expected me to sit in there and listen to it all every time I jump in to play a little siege.

I completely understand how, when used correctly  TS/Vent is an mandatory tool for a faction trying to coordinate tactics and such I'm just not really on this level of playing yet. Besides as soon as I put on a headset I just end up saying "BULLSHIT!" or "FUCKING BULLSHIT!" just about every other time i get killed. :3 

and my headset that was held together with duct tape finnally broke in half completely so only 1 hear peices works :(

I have my reasons!  :shock:

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
Hahaha, fair, fair.
As said above there are clans who cater to your requirements.
Professional poop cleaner