Author Topic: [Warning/ban-Request]Druzhina_Pandor  (Read 606 times)

Offline Babelfish

• Knight
  • Renown: 62
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
[Warning/ban-Request]Druzhina_Pandor
« on: March 24, 2011, 06:58:35 pm »
Today at eu_5 - siege server.

Video Evidence

He used the ladders-exploit for several maps. In the end he pissed me off enough that i took the time to record him, found&added cheesy music, edited it  then upload to youtube, while writing this topic. Instead of playing :S

I do not ask for a long ban, i just wish people could be more aware on how their actions have consequences. By literally skipping the first line of defense, by placing ladders in tin-air, you have cheapen the battle for the defenders. Fair-play used to mean something..

There is one part in my evidence, where he showed intent on exploiting the ladder-through walls bug, which i have gathered is bannable (atleast ive seen people be banned for it).

The two other parts are a bit more vague in the rules, when i asked on IRC, i got a mixed answer. If its allowed to connect ladders in the air to skip the first walls/gate, and by that the first line of defense..Then surely making a drop-ladder would be allowed too (ladder from attacker spawn -> flag, just high enough that no-body can destroy it, but you can jump down without losing health).

Offline Tetris

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Once a King, Always a King.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Aegis Sovereignty
  • Game nicks: SoA_Sovereign_Tetris
  • IRC nick: Tet
Re: [Warning/ban-Request]Druzhina_Pandor
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 07:30:05 pm »
This guy fails badly. He should get banned just for being so bad at exploiting.

Offline Leiknir

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: Leiknir
  • IRC nick: Leiknir
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 08:01:57 pm »
This is different from the construction site exploiting, for the simple reason that ladders can be destroyed.
The ladder trough gate "exploit" is fine, if the defending team does not want to defend gate, it's their decision. If they defend, they hit the ladders 3 times and are fine.

The ladder-laddering is not that bad, as it's perfectly possible to get the same result with 1 well placed ladder (atleast on that map, that can not be reached by defenders except when jumping down that is)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Babelfish

• Knight
  • Renown: 62
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 08:11:50 pm »
This is different from the construction site exploiting, for the simple reason that ladders can be destroyed.
The ladder trough gate "exploit" is fine, if the defending team does not want to defend gate, it's their decision. If they defend, they hit the ladders 3 times and are fine.

The ladder-laddering is not that bad, as it's perfectly possible to get the same result with 1 well placed ladder (atleast on that map, that can not be reached by defenders except when jumping down that is)

Just to clarify;

1. we are allowed to ladder-ladder on battle/siege? 
2. we are allowed to ladder-through gate/wall?
3. What about ladders-over-gate? You can still destroy them, so should be fine?

It just goes against my common sense, it is cheap bug usage and should be prohibited.

Done being mad, locked.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 08:28:09 pm by Babelfish »