Author Topic: tone down heirlooms  (Read 2215 times)

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
tone down heirlooms
« on: March 24, 2011, 06:25:43 pm »
The increase in heirloomed item stats could be toned down to provide less of an advantage.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline 1slander

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Timing that sidestep is key to the 1h battle axe
    • View Profile
  • Faction: NORD
  • Game nicks: Araios, Pallas, Hammer. Formerly DRAC & Duke_of_Hazard
Re: tone down heirlooms
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 06:27:42 pm »
imo generations and heirlooms should of been reset at patch.  I know alot of people disagree with this but the gen levels alot of people have would of been near impossible at the current status.  It's a little late now though so maybe what you suggest is good?  I dunno.
Float like a butterfly sting like an axe

Offline Stokes

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Stokes52, ArcherStokes, and now by popular demand: ThrowerStokes
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 06:30:28 pm »
Why? What is the point in getting them if they don't really help at all? The whole point of rare heirlooms yet easy leveling was to give the power-gamers an incentive to grind out their characters, while allowing the casual players to still be competitive.

Although I agree with 1slander about the generations and heirlooms... some people came into the patch with like 5-10+ generations which make subsequent heirlooming much faster. What's done is done though, and I don't think it's too bad anymore.

Offline 1slander

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • cRPG Player
  • Timing that sidestep is key to the 1h battle axe
    • View Profile
  • Faction: NORD
  • Game nicks: Araios, Pallas, Hammer. Formerly DRAC & Duke_of_Hazard
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 06:32:23 pm »
imho I really do feel the game as is feels a little broken.  This has nothing to do with the lack of strat either, as I never tried it.
Float like a butterfly sting like an axe

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 08:25:02 pm »
example,
Danish Greatsword:
40 cut
27 pierce
92 speed

Master Danish Greatsword
45 cut
30 pierce
94 speed

Seems a huge difference to me.
What is wrong with taking the basic version,
add +1 cut for tier 1
add +1 pierce for tier 2
add +1 speed for tier 3
Alas nodachi
a tin can's hatchet.

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 08:32:55 pm »
example,
Danish Greatsword:
40 cut
27 pierce
92 speed

Master Danish Greatsword
45 cut
30 pierce
94 speed

Seems a huge difference to me.
What is wrong with taking the basic version,
add +1 cut for tier 1
add +1 pierce for tier 2
add +1 speed for tier 3

I think that something like that would let the casuals get away with no grind. Which, honestly, we get away with anyway. I was generation 3 when the last patch hit and only retired for build changes. 

Post-patch, I've been grinding for heirlooms that make certain builds (ahem, high agility, low strength) more viable. This keeps me grinding at generation 6, which provides for a peasant every few weeks. I imagine that others like myself would stop grinding if the heirloom benefit was reduced, and this would provide for more level 31-32 uber-killing machines running around.

I have no opinion on whether this is good or bad.

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2011, 09:37:57 pm »
I agree with Zisa, with the patch, the overall armor and survivability went down by a bit, and now with the crazy bonus on heirlooms it just went down even MORE.

A masterwork bec goes from 36p to 43p and 95 speed if I remember well, that's a HUGE bonus.

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2011, 10:30:29 pm »
Heirlooms are a lot harder to get than pre-patch, for example I am now gen 6 and I play a couple of hours everyday and it takes me more than 2 weeks for a retirement. Nerfing heirlooms would make all the grind pointless and for a lot of people getting heirlooms is what keeps them playing, especially now when with Strategus down there isn't much to do anyway.

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2011, 11:26:51 pm »
I'm done grinding for any heirlooms as it appears anything u heirloom will be forum whined

Now I see I may as well go beyond thirty and really break the game as I can destroy people about as well with a non heirloomed bastard sword as anything else

I blame whiny crybabies who don't try to actually play this game and instead want it bent to their whim

Play as many hours as I have in cRPG and u will have more heirlooms than I have now(because of the theft), but guess what everyone would rather whine than play o well

I mean this would only be good if u planned on never retiring, because even for a gen 14 (me)  retirement is taking forever as I have a job and a real life but unlike alot of others instead of staying level 40 and making some fap myself list I decided to retire and try other builds and get the associated bonuses

And also to have to be a peasant in the old system vs level 40 elites(laff) and now the real abusers of the old system(the hyper levelers) are crying to nerf(again) those that actually played by the old system

I say work on strategus first the game is getting stale these "nerf someone else" threads should be relegated to child board of game balance called "cry about the other guy" and completely ignored

The game isn't broken as much as players can't take their egos being bruised and honestly don't even want to play the game as the developer has invisisioned it

Oh yea and if u think generations mean that much kesh is supposedly gen 50 and still sucks at melee with all that grinding so u can't actually grind to godhood

Retire three times total and honest its all u need,  hell first heirloom gives most of the bonus, then u can go be level 30 or whatever forever, but i've played over ten times as much to get that first one(I don't have ten heirlooms)

Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2011, 11:52:21 pm »
Oh yea and if u think generations mean that much kesh is supposedly gen 50 and still sucks at melee with all that grinding so u can't actually grind to godhood

First off, where did you ever hear that, gen 50?? seriously??  And secondly you overrate yourself I still beat you in melee and would be glad to see you in a duel server anytime.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2011, 11:57:28 pm »
It's just a discussion DrKronic. I'll have 5 tier 3 heirlooms err, in a couple days. It sort of ties in with the cut ammo in half suggestion.
Alas nodachi
a tin can's hatchet.

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2011, 12:16:10 am »
Considering heirlooms are so hard to get now, especially at low generation, nerfing them would only discourage new players/low gen people to ever retire while high gen people will keep doing their thing and heirloom everything. I don't see how this would fix anything, what should have been done was deleting all heirlooms and reseting everyone to gen1 when the xp system was changed but now it's too late for that.

Personally I only have 1 masterwork and I don't feel disadvantaged when fighting people like Vicious who are in full heirloomed gear. I would feel disadvantaged if my heirloom gets nerfed because it took me a shitload of grinding to get it post-patch due to my low generation and without any other retirement bonuses, nerfing it would make all that time feel wasted.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 12:19:39 am by Punisher »

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2011, 12:17:06 am »
Seriously, I don't think anyone is even close to gen 50, and I'd reallly like to see you beat kesh consistently in a melee..
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2011, 01:06:37 am »
Hey come on, this is not a finger pointing contest.
Alas nodachi
a tin can's hatchet.

Offline Felagunda

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2011, 02:44:41 am »
I agree with Zisa, with the patch, the overall armor and survivability went down by a bit, and now with the crazy bonus on heirlooms it just went down even MORE.

A masterwork bec goes from 36p to 43p and 95 speed if I remember well, that's a HUGE bonus.

Learn to block, use a shield, get iron flesh, 3x loom good armor.  These are just some things I have to say in response to this.  If you wear light armor you shouldn't complain.  Look at goretooth you think he wears that armor for looks?  Did his survivablity go down post patch?