Author Topic: Patchnotes thread.  (Read 21947 times)

Offline Serfonz

• Judge Serfonz
  • Count
  • Renown: 193
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
  • Oh Hi.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nord_Serfonz_the_Cowardly
  • IRC nick: Serfonz
Re: Patchnotes thread.
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2012, 05:23:12 pm »
* [NEW] 30Rnd_545x39_AK added to loot table

Good, more weapons is something I can get behind.. I'd love to find more new things that I haven't used before :P.

Isn't that just a 30 round magazine for the AK?
I'm not retreating, just advancing in another direction!

Offline Goldor

• Knight
  • Renown: 33
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: America the Vulnerable
  • Game nicks: Goldor
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2012, 05:34:20 pm »
+1
Isn't that just a 30 round magazine for the AK?

Don't know haven't found it yet. Was hoping for another Ak but might just be ammo :(.

A mod that has 250.000 players, which is more than a lot of MMO's and other multiplayer games, can't just release a patch and say "Yeah but we're just alpha guys! enjoy losing all your stuff because we messed up this patch and remember, you're all just playtesting!", it's the wrong mentality to have.

Go on, begin somewhere, I'm interested in hearing "But it's just an alpha!" arguments, haven't had a good discussion in a while.

The mod sure as hell can, you aren't paying for it. Fuck he refused to allow people to donate to him at all. It's an alpha, a true alpha and if you don't want to put up with an alpha build, then you probably should just stop playing and go do something else. There is no argument, you either deal with it or leave.

Offline ulya

• Knight
  • Renown: 25
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2012, 05:54:55 pm »
Already stopped a few days ago, the new Notch is getting more and more power and attention, this is going to turn out fun.

But as I said, and you would know if you had read the other threads, the dayz forums, any other place where dayz is getting discussed on the internet, talked to somebody, or even played yourself, you'd realize the new patch fucked it up, I don't care about alpha, I don't care about beta, it's not a valid argument when something works fine, you want to make it more "hardcore" for more "hardcore people" because surviving is so hard and rocket wants to feed on the delicious tears of carebears and all that shit he keeps spouting on the forums, and than end up making it unplayable.

Offline Goldor

• Knight
  • Renown: 33
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: America the Vulnerable
  • Game nicks: Goldor
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2012, 06:06:16 pm »
Unplayable? I've played for a few hours today and didn't really have any problems other than the zombie spawns being high, of course it seems that if you use a quieter weapon zombies don't spawn as soon/as many in that area. I don't get what people are crying about, it's supposed to be difficult, it became easy, he made it difficult again.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2012, 06:46:47 pm »
Unplayable? I've played for a few hours today and didn't really have any problems other than the zombie spawns being high, of course it seems that if you use a quieter weapon zombies don't spawn as soon/as many in that area. I don't get what people are crying about, it's supposed to be difficult, it became easy, he made it difficult again.

It's more the fact that the line of sight, hitting through walls, crazy zig-zagging isn't fixed. So he upped the strength of zombies massively without actually fixing those issues and screwed up the spawn rate (ok so he's fixing it asap). It should have been done the other way round, fix the issues then up the strength after. Regardless, it is alpha so I expect these things to go wrong. I just won't play until it's all fixed.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2012, 10:18:05 pm »
It's an alpha, while Rocket said that he isn't going to go out of alpha in ArmA 2. Say whatever you want, but the way DayZ grew makes the whole "alpha" thing unnecessary, especially considering that when DayZ finally gets out of alpha(probably 1-2 years), there won't be a fanbase like it has now.

Say what you want, but if Rocket develops this as if it is a closed alpha with a small amount of playtesters, he is doomed to fail and more and more people will start losing interest in it.
the way DayZ grew makes the whole alpha thing unnecessary?

what

You realize it isn't in alpha stage because he went like "damn, I really do love having this in alpha" and he can't snap his fingers and go "OH WELL enough of that, full product out NOW"
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2012, 11:08:43 pm »
A mod that has 250.000 players, which is more than a lot of MMO's and other multiplayer games, can't just release a patch and say "Yeah but we're just alpha guys! enjoy losing all your stuff because we messed up this patch and remember, you're all just playtesting!", it's the wrong mentality to have.

Go on, begin somewhere, I'm interested in hearing "But it's just an alpha!" arguments, haven't had a good discussion in a while.

Lol, just lol. I seriously doubt I can explain this to you no matter how hard I try, you have already convinced me your thinking is on a level of a rock.

It doesn't matter how many players it has. Everyone who had a brain cell to read that this mod is in ALPHA stage before even downloading (you didn't miss the big ALPHA TEST sign when downloading, did you?) actually agreed that they're alpha testers.

So yeah, they can go "deal with it guys, it's alpha". Simple as that.

Also ulya = perfect example why real alpha/beta tests are usually closed, another brain dead being that doesn't understand he isn't actually playing a demo/almost finished version.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 11:14:11 pm by Vibe »

Offline ulya

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2012, 12:49:49 am »
No vibe, I just think it's rediculous to use BUT GUYS, IT'S AN ALPHA!, when the dev confirmed the mod won't be leaving alpha. And no, I didn't miss the big ALPHA sign, but my point remains: if you think it's acceptable to release a bugged patch, 20 days after the previous patch, which barely did anything either, than you're the brain dead here.

I like it how you started with "I don't know where to begin", and in the end you did nothing but insult me, adding no counter arguments at all. Atleast bring up an argument rather than spam ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA, 1.7.1 is a bad patch, rocket is messing up more and more while spending half of the time posting LOLOLOL I TROLL U, this has nothing to do with my thinking level.

The reason why real alpha/beta tests are usually closed in the beginning, is because they need to slowly stress their serves, have a small group of people going after the bugs, seeing if it's all working, and after that invite more and more people, untill eventually going into open alpha/beta. Releasing a mod, claiming it's in alpha, messing up a lot of things, making fun of the people that play your mod and "trolling" on the forums, no, that's not acceptable.

You are like the typical rocket fanboy on the dayz forums right now, yes Mister rocket please make zombies even harder, make them impossible to kill, make them spawn 10 times more, make them fly around the map, give them all DMR's with 100% accuracy! Yes that makes the game much harder! It will be so much more fun this way! What, you don't like dieing? You are just a carebear, yes all your tears are delicious! Don't you wish you died 20 times per minute like me? Look how much fun I am having! Oh yes rocket, put it in deeper!

I'm not sure if you've been following these threads, but I've stood behind dayz and rocket pretty much all the time, but I don't support the direction rocket and his fanboys are taking this.

And Xant, now I reread it it might have sounded wrong, but what I mean is: Once you have 250.000 people that are playing your mod, you aren't supposed to keep releasing random things in the hope of it working, it's better to playtest them before even bringing it into alpha. Ofcourse there will be bugs, ofcourse there won't be a final release, that's where you say BUT IT'S ALPHA! but I think it's stupid to release a patch that messes up the experience for that many people, while adding more and more bugs/unfinished features, and if you say BUT IT'S ALPHA! in this situation, you are being like a 13 year old that got his first crush, like Vibe is acting right now, insulting anything and everybody that says something negative about his crush.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 01:13:04 am by ulya »

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2012, 01:02:11 am »
No vibe, I just think it's rediculous to use BUT GUYS, IT'S AN ALPHA!, when the dev confirmed the mod won't be leaving Alpha in ArmA 2, it's stuck in alpha. And no, I didn't miss the big ALPHA sign, but my point remains: if you think it's acceptable to release a bugged patch, 20 days after the previous patch, which barely did anything either, than you're the brain dead here.

I like it how you started with "I don't know where to begin", and in the end you did nothing but insult me, adding no counter arguments at all. Atleast bring up an argument rather than spam ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA, 1.7.1 is a bad patch, rocket is messing up more and more while spending half of the time posting LOLOLOL I TROLL U, this has nothing to do with my thinking level.

The reason why real alpha/beta tests are usually closed in the beginning, is because they need to slowly stress their serves, have a small group of people going after the bugs, seeing if it's all working, and after that invite more and more people, untill eventually going into open alpha/beta. Releasing a mod, claiming it's in alpha, messing up a lot of things, making fun of the people that play your mod and "trolling" on the forums, no, that's not acceptable unless you've got

Everything they are doing in Arma2 is pretty much alpha testing dayz for Arma3. In that sense it is in alpha. Arma3 is in development so they are simply figuring out what works and what doesn't as a lot of it will be portable to Arma3. It's already been discussed by rocket and others that Dayz will be on Arma3. Either as a separate purchasable item or included as a pre-installed and regularly updated mod for the game.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2012, 01:06:01 am »
Double post but on that note:

Pending Hotfix: Build 1.7.1.1
Current Changelog:
* [FIXED]   Server item cleanup error (thanks Dwarden for identifying)
* [FIXED]   Server weighted random object error (thanks Dwarden for identifying)
* [REVERT] 5 second delay for disconnecting (will need to wait till new method developed)
* [REVERT] Disabling of interior raycasting (will mean some buildings you will be invisible/can't be hit in for the moment as they don't have view LODs)
* [REVERT]   Infected sight based on head not body direction (infected glace around alot, this meant that they had super view directions. Now locked at body direction)
* [FIXED]   Area not checked for existing infected before spawning new ones ("blind faith" that it had not made a mistake didn't work)
* [FIXED]   Crippling performance issues caused by loot items never being cleaned up (loot now cleaned up)
* [FIXED]   Tent pitching (Who the hell codes tent location checks TWICE before pitching? Oh apparently I do)
* [NEW]    Marakov spawn rate increased
* [NEW]    Small chance Mararov ammo will spawn on an infected
* [FIXED]   Converting magazines didn't work if you had MORE than one of that magazine type (now works as intended)
* [NEW]    Tweaked audibility and visibility values for kneel walking
* [REVERT] Secret nerf of prone (you noticed)
* [NEW]    Can select gender for each new character
* [FIXED]   Toolboxes aren't spawning (classname error in loot table)
* [NEW]    Small tweaks to AI zombie routines to improve performance
* [REVERT] New spawn timer mechanism (back to the old one for now)

ETA:
- 2 hours

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2012, 01:06:36 am »
No vibe, I just think it's rediculous to use BUT GUYS, IT'S AN ALPHA!, when the dev confirmed the mod won't be leaving Alpha in ArmA 2, it's stuck in alpha. And no, I didn't miss the big ALPHA sign, but my point remains: if you think it's acceptable to release a bugged patch, 20 days after the previous patch, which barely did anything either, than you're the brain dead here.

The reason why real alpha/beta tests are usually closed in the beginning, is because they need to slowly stress their serves, have a small group of people going after the bugs, seeing if it's all working, and after that invite more and more people, untill eventually going into open alpha/beta. Releasing a mod, claiming it's in alpha, messing up a lot of things, making fun of the people that play your mod and "trolling" on the forums, no, that's not acceptable unless you've got

What? You realize ArmA 3 will be released soon and Bohemia will be very interested in it being a DLC, or even a separate game using their engine? Also where did rocket confirm it won't leave alpha in ArmA 2?

Sorry Ulya, but you're the brain dead person here if you think it's unacceptable to release a patch that has bugs in an alpha....

How is rocket messing up at all? 1.7.1 is a great patch in theory, a move in the right direction. Being able to hide from zombies and them having a line of sight is great.

The mod has been in alpha for a bit more than a month....

Frankly, who the fuck are you to tell rocket what's acceptable or not? You haven't given him a single cent.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline ulya

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2012, 01:18:42 am »
The direction 1.7.1 is going, fine, releasing 1.7.1 when half of the features that make it playable aren't working, absolutely not fine.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2012, 01:20:55 am »
The direction 1.7.1 is going, fine, releasing 1.7.1 when half of the features that make it playable aren't working, absolutely not fine.

They don't particularly test those features. We do. They do the coding, we play the game to see if that has worked. If it hasn't, they change it and try to make it better. It's not an overly complex idea.

Offline ulya

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2012, 01:25:17 am »
If that is what the community wants to accept, so be it, let us finish this discussion here unless any of you feels the need to keep it going, but we're people with different opinions and obviously non of us is going to accept the others, so I'm pretty sure from now on the talk will be going more and more off-point while wasting all of our times. If you want to continue, I'll answer whenever it is necessary to answer, the choice is all yours.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2012, 02:11:44 am »
80,000 unique players in the last 24 hours. They're breaking the concurrent players record every day.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.