Poll

Should we nerf ranged?

NERF RANGED
270 (47.6%)
I LIKE TO BE GAY AND PLAY COUNTER STRIKE STYLE CRPG
297 (52.4%)

Total Members Voted: 566

Author Topic: SAVE CRPG! NERF RANGED  (Read 44342 times)

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
Re: SAVE CRPG! NERF RANGED
« Reply #315 on: June 01, 2012, 01:05:36 pm »
This thread is still going?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #316 on: June 01, 2012, 01:17:29 pm »
+2
So yeah, basicly nobody complaining here ever tried to play an archer or horse archer. Most of the people suffer from selective memory and come out with bs like pinpoint accuracy for HA, arrows taking 1/2 hp, archer only injuring and not killing (OMG HOW THEY DARE) etc. Go play STF character at least and then complain morons :)
(while showing your stats at the same time of course)

lol, selective memory.

In case you missed it (or chose to miss it) both Warlord and myself have both played some kind of archer and I even complained that HA has bad accuracy derp and it's a hard class (imo) and as for foot archer arrows taking 1/2 hp well tbh quite often it verges on the 2/3 hp too against 40-50 armour  8-)

My HA stats - bearing in mind I played the first 2.5m xp in battle with just a wooden stick (to grind gold for horse n shizz) I had about 7:220 KD iirc.  Once I reached level 27 I started to take my gear like the horse and horn bow and bodkins it's improved and now stands at 68/337 or 1:5.0 (lvl 28).

I've never played any kind of archery before just had one xbower STF once, so I think i'm doing o.k. and at lvl 30 prob should break even or go into positive if i'm lucky.  HA is a hard life with no looms I feel.  Today on Eu1 DantonQ was regularly taking 1/3hp off my horse (same as his), per arrow, when I was riding AWAY from him and he was hitting the bum area of the horse.  So if you minus the speed that I was riding at from his arrows speed, I think that's pretty damn decent - ofc he has everything loomed.

This thread is still going?

Yes, ranged QQ'ers are giving 2h elitists a run for their money when it comes to defending their class against a tiny nerf.

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline Sellka

• Knight
  • Renown: 28
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre
  • Game nicks: Sellka,kovoca
« Reply #317 on: June 01, 2012, 03:54:33 pm »
+1
we continue because most of us are archers, and archers are now more of a support class that ends up team hitting people. I remember the days when I could shoot into melee and help them, not hindering them by shooting them in the back. In other words this is about archery as in Bow's and arrows not to get hit by another nerf.

now to talk about gear, Normal gear. Longbow's Arrow speed was faster etc awile ago. Now a days the first crossbow has a faster arrow speed then the Long bow. The dammage is greater, with pierce, and dammage. I know it has accuracy of 87 but most crossbows still can hit what they are aiming for 50% of the time. with twelve bolts thats six hits and depends if they are hardcore crossbowmen or not, then they carry 24 with a small 0 slot weapon. Anyways, archers use to be more usefull to their teammates compared to now, where they have to aim for a crowd and hope for the best.(What it seems like) Also, you two handers know how much it pisses you off when an archer shoots you in the back when he is trying to help, well some of us archers use to know how to shoot into the fight and help you.

I also understand that I did not include the loading time

For balancing issues I think archery needs a small buff, and rebalancing. Longbow is utterly no benifit. Its Slow draw was for the range, but that is useless now, after the arrow speed was droped and other changes to it.

For all those people looking for realism, There were archers who were marksmen and able to pull off major shots.

thats my prespective, might be resonable might not be, im just trying to show you that your causing your own problems by screaming nerf ranged, or archery, Look at there dam equipment. and see what it is. 

*edited*
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 04:06:36 pm by Sellka »
Pew pew pew pew pew

Offline Sellka

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 01, 2012, 04:01:03 pm »
+1
Yes, ranged QQ'ers are giving 2h elitists a run for their money when it comes to defending their class against a tiny nerf.

Tiny nerfs? the nerfs on archery have been horrid, I have played archery through nerfs, before the first nerf I experianced, I was able to do what ever the hell I wanted with an arrow. Thats because I knew what I was doing.

*edit* still was able to do a good job for a time till they really started messing with the longbow
Pew pew pew pew pew

Offline Momo

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Momo_
  • IRC nick: Momo
« Reply #319 on: June 01, 2012, 04:06:34 pm »
We just want headshots not bo be fucking OP, that's all. I am fine with a long bow buff.
I was the first one who started -1-ing everyone, now everyone does it to everyone.

Offline Sellka

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 01, 2012, 04:07:25 pm »
you would expect a headshot to be a insta, since it is a headshot, the most vital thing in your body
Pew pew pew pew pew

Offline Herkkutatti

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 01, 2012, 04:09:37 pm »
you would expect a headshot to be a insta, since it is a headshot, the most vital thing in your body
yes, and it's protected with great helm or better.
/l
(゚、 。 7
l、 ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ Nerf archery ,please!

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #322 on: June 01, 2012, 04:11:19 pm »
So what? I can grow a beard, then my face is also protected.  :rolleyes:

game balance > realism (even if!)
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Momo

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Momo_
  • IRC nick: Momo
« Reply #323 on: June 01, 2012, 04:17:38 pm »

You don't understand, I am ok if I get 1 shot in the head with 0-40 head armor, but please, getting 1 shot with 50 head armor and above is completely BS.
I was the first one who started -1-ing everyone, now everyone does it to everyone.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 01, 2012, 04:24:55 pm »
So yeah, basicly nobody complaining here ever tried to play an archer or horse archer. Most of the people suffer from selective memory and come out with bs like pinpoint accuracy for HA, arrows taking 1/2 hp, archer only injuring and not killing (OMG HOW THEY DARE) etc. Go play STF character at least and then complain morons :)
(while showing your stats at the same time of course)

Both ends know what happens in a fight. Hell, how could an archer know better how much damage he did than his target, not having damage reports or seeing the life bar of the opponent ? The fact anybody is shit at playing "class X" is irrelevant in such a discussion, since we all play the same game and witness the same things, save the connexion issues. If one arrow takes out 2/3 of my HP and I notice it, you can't argue I don't know what happened because I'm not an archer. If I record one archer kiting me during one minute, it's a fact. Call it selective memory because the part where there is no kiting wasn't recorded, it's still a fact.

I think a game should be fun for everybody that plays it as much as possible, and avoid situations where one player has fun at the expense of another. That is all. I don't support an archery nerf, I support a kiting nerf + buffing other things. There aren't too many archers either IMO, most of the ranged spam is coming from xbows lately, and throwing is becoming a popular choice for 1h wanting diversification.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #325 on: June 01, 2012, 04:41:25 pm »
+1
I think the looms here really nails it.

Someone with a MW Rus Bow, MW Bodkins, and a typical 18/21 build will do damage comparable to a heavy crossbow, with three times the RoF and mobility.

Maybe someone can throw some "stats" at me that says this is impossible, but one or two shots from a veteran loomed up rus bow archer, that they can land over 100 yards away with great accuracy, will nearly black bar a destrier with a body shot.

2 shots will blackbar/kill me wearing a lordly heavy kuyak with lordly plate mittens unless I am some retarded 9+ IF build.

Ok, I just did this test with Shik. I let him shoot my destrier from a distance of 90-100 yard with his fully loomed longbow and bodkin arrows(x6 archer). He has a 30/15 build so he should be at the upper end of the damage scale. He needed 30(!) arrows to land the first hit, the horse was not moving. It did 20% damage and the horse had 80% left. With a new horse and fresh arrows we tried again and Shik only needed 15 arrows to land the first hit and by some miracle the next arrow hit as well. Both hits combined brought the horse down to 50%.

My guess is that you have no idea how far 100 yard are ingame. Even with a more accurate bow it would be very difficult to have more than 1 in 10 arrows hit home on a moving horse. Even then 2-shooting would only be possible with 2 headshoots, very unlikely. With a 2 slot bow you can bring a max of 30-40 arrows, I doubt there are many archers retarded enough to waste them on any target 100 yard away.

You are either trolling, bullshitting as usual or just trying to manipulate the weak minded in this forum. Try harder. (If it was a troll, you succeeded though.)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 04:55:22 pm by Paul »

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #326 on: June 01, 2012, 05:02:12 pm »
I understand what you're getting at Paul, and I totally agree.

We need to nerf cav. Too many cavalry players scream "waaah, waah, don't nerf my horsey!", so it never gets done. But come on people, we can't keep putting this off. This thread clearly demonstrates the OPness of cavalry, especially those lancer assholes, and I think we cannot continue to ignore the signs.

Also, Shik is just bad archer. Not that it matters, because cav is so fucking OP that even if all 30 arrows hit the destrier in the head it'd still have half its HP.
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 01, 2012, 05:49:53 pm »
One of the problems here is that the headshot survivers have no benefict in posting their experience, so it's the archer who has to report those.

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #328 on: June 01, 2012, 06:17:26 pm »
Tiny nerfs? the nerfs on archery have been horrid, I have played archery through nerfs, before the first nerf I experianced, I was able to do what ever the hell I wanted with an arrow. Thats because I knew what I was doing.

*edit* still was able to do a good job for a time till they really started messing with the longbow

Dude, i'm talking about a potential either a) nerf to headshot damage like we've suggested here multiple times or b) make a fucking helmet with 55+ armour actually be viable against headshots.  I'm also fine with an accuracy buff of some sort if it means the headshots I recieve are skillfull shots and not some nub getting lucky (and ofc 1 hitting me while he's at it).

You don't understand, I am ok if I get 1 shot in the head with 0-40 head armor, but please, getting 1 shot with 50 head armor and above is completely BS.

Pretty much same as what I just wrote  :lol:

You must be playing archer atm to post such a blödsinns.

We just want headshots not bo be fucking OP, that's all. I am fine with a long bow buff.

This.

(click to show/hide)

Broken record. 

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #329 on: June 01, 2012, 06:27:20 pm »
i usually play with my alt with 40 body armor as an agi char (no shield). can't remember when i'd loose 2/3 health to a single arrow. what can sometimes almost 1 shot me to the body are arbalests from close range (i roughly guess by hits i took that regular ones do about 60-80 percent of damage).

all this ranged nerf is a whine, arguments put here are selective and they are mostly total BS. none of the complainers would ever manage to get even close to 1:1 K/D ratio with lvl 30 stf char archer, yet they continually just complain, complain, complain...

btw i agree - archery is shit, it promotes running kiters instead of strength builds. especially aiming on the head only is retarded - it totally negates STR builds so there is only 1 good possible archer build atm (running kiter that tries to headshot with hornbow on 10 meters).
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 06:30:45 pm by Beauchamp »
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!