Poll

Should we nerf ranged?

NERF RANGED
270 (47.6%)
I LIKE TO BE GAY AND PLAY COUNTER STRIKE STYLE CRPG
297 (52.4%)

Total Members Voted: 566

Author Topic: SAVE CRPG! NERF RANGED  (Read 44366 times)

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
Re: SAVE CRPG! NERF RANGED
« Reply #225 on: May 30, 2012, 11:41:36 pm »
+1
nWo!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #226 on: May 30, 2012, 11:41:43 pm »
+2
4 4 4 4 LIFE

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline zottlmarsch

• King
  • Renown: 1114
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems (Founder)
  • Game nicks: Eberhart & Juta von Krems
  • IRC nick: Dan
« Reply #227 on: May 30, 2012, 11:41:51 pm »
+1

Offline Nebun

• Duke
  • Renown: 532
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • - BAD BECAUSE RUSSIAN -
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 30, 2012, 11:50:18 pm »
friendly archer is the name.

Kills/Deaths:10/7, 1.4:1

As I said, after my very first two rounds I had 8 Kills and 3 or 4 deaths. After that I played 3 or 4 more rounds but just died, because I didnt really payed attention, as it only was for fun (and I´m pretty sure I got killed by other (better) ranged who shot me from far away, just saying).

I do not say archery is OP, because I for sure can get much better k/d´s with my dedicated pikemen main for example, but if I where a dedicated archer with loomed bow and arrows, maybe even level 33 or 32 like on my main, I could be under the top players concerning k/d on every map, as I am with my pole/inf main.

For sure it´s also about player skill, because why would a guy like Chase who almost always plays 2h or pole, have the same or even better stats when he plays archer for one or two gens? Right- because he a very skilled player, period.

I guess that archers have the greatest amount of "not-so-skilled" players, because every really good and dedicated archer can top the score board at any time. There are just not so many, and many are playing other classes right now because they got bored.

EDIT: 3 or 4 deaths in two rounds does not make any sense, sorry. So it were 3 or 4 rounds :D

played for 1 round, killed few peasants with skip the fun and happy :))

only few good archers gets close to top the scoreboard, yes KD sometimes or often better then average inf, but only because they stay behind... most archers in the middle or at the bottom of the list usually. Play on some open maps on eu1 :)) Cav will show you how useless you are.
when UIF looks at you

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DenBitre_Sir_Agor
« Reply #229 on: May 30, 2012, 11:50:51 pm »
friendly archer is the name.

Kills/Deaths:10/7, 1.4:1

As I said, after my very first two rounds I had 8 Kills and 3 or 4 deaths. After that I played 3 or 4 more rounds but just died, because I didnt really payed attention, as it only was for fun (and I´m pretty sure I got killed by other (better) ranged who shot me from far away, just saying).

I do not say archery is OP, because I for sure can get much better k/d´s with my dedicated pikemen main for example, but if I where a dedicated archer with loomed bow and arrows, maybe even level 33 or 32 like on my main, I could be under the top players concerning k/d on every map, as I am with my pole/inf main.

For sure it´s also about player skill, because why would a guy like Chase who almost always plays 2h or pole, have the same or even better stats when he plays archer for one or two gens? Right- because he a very skilled player, period.

I guess that archers have the greatest amount of "not-so-skilled" players, because every really good and dedicated archer can top the score board at any time. There are just not so many, and many are playing other classes right now because they got bored.

EDIT: 3 or 4 deaths in two rounds does not make any sense, sorry. So it were 3 or 4 rounds :D

so you played 3-4 rounds only with archer? just fucking lol :lol:  when you can show us like 1000 kills with you stf archer alt , then come back.
about skill, with some stf 24/15 melee and some good armor i can have way better k/d then with stf archer.
shooting at people from a reachable place as last man standing is not delaying. Even if you're on the other side of the map.

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #230 on: May 30, 2012, 11:51:00 pm »
+1
Cav will show you how useless you are.

Not when 2 arrows by you kills champ destrier (body hits too).

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 30, 2012, 11:53:24 pm »
Not when 2 arrows by you kills champ destrier (body hits too).

it is just a lie and bullshit , champ destrier dont die after 2 shots with my mw arb + mw bolts.
shooting at people from a reachable place as last man standing is not delaying. Even if you're on the other side of the map.

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 30, 2012, 11:58:53 pm »
it is just a lie and bullshit , champ destrier dont die after 2 shots with my mw arb + mw bolts.

Same shit again, you say we lie about ranged, but you claim to know better about MY horse?

Cool story bro.

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 31, 2012, 12:15:43 am »
i know it because i shot it, ever champ destrier can survive 2 my shot, if you dont believe about charger, then take 1 of your friends go on eu3 and try to kill charger with 2 body shots , and than try to do it with 6 pd archer.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 547
  • Infamy: 2324
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 31, 2012, 12:16:49 am »
+1
May I ask what your archer's name was?
Not that I am allowed to publish it's K:D but last time someone claimed he played an STF archer and had positive kdr instantly, the dude had 4 kills in the 3 days the char was alive.
Sadly most of the people who whine about ranged but claim they played an archer and were super awesome with it played it for like an hour tops and basically have no idea.

Meow is right. Playing STF archers is hell.

Just played STF archer: 7 PD, 6 ATH, 6 WM and 4 PS. That's 154 wpp.

Used Horn bow and Tatars. Couldn't kill shit. Don't want to play it anymore.

Go carts picking me off all the time, accuracy total shit, can't hit anything at longer distance. Killed two horses (enemy and friendly) and that's it.

Strong archers like bagge are: lvl 33 or higher, have everything loomed and a lot more wpp. And are really, really good archers. And have backup most of the time.

Compared to STF archery even STF HX is easy mode...

Please buff archers armor and fighting capabilities and stop listening to retards who only play melee all the time.

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 31, 2012, 12:22:14 am »
wow leshma it is impressed)

btw about champ charger, ranged calculator shows that with 6 pd and 163 wpf i need 5-9 body shots or 2-4 hedshot, even if it is a bit wrong, it cant die just with 2 body shots.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #236 on: May 31, 2012, 12:23:18 am »
+2
The point is you cannot find out how easy/difficult a class or playstyle is unless you played it for a longer time. Pretending to know about it after like 10 kills with a STF is just plainly arrogant.  I suggest you start at zero and make an archer alt, level him up and see how it works out like Meow did with an open mind because he is not a blockhead like so many others here.

In the constant retire cycle archers are forced to play as low level for quite some time and there they are a lot weaker than other classes. Even past level 30 they are not that strong as some melee jihadists depict them to be. The forced low armor and the limited melee ability make it a glass cannon, which is especially risky on open field maps. I find playing as a crossbowman a lot more comfortable because of the better armor and the lesser tunnel vision resulting from the reload break.

Also the theory that archers are just skillless melee drop outs that go ranged because they can't block is retarded. I was a melee ethusiast in Native beta as well but after getting the bigger picture with playing all classes evenly in cRPG I see now how stupid the "melee is the only skill" attitude is. It's just unfounded elitism, resulting more from the high class based power 2h/pole footman have and not their individual skill. If you do good as shieldless inf in Native battles, then you can brag about it. Not in cRPG, there everyone is a hero as 2h/pole. On the other side for being a constant scoreboard topper as an archer, you have to be actually good in cRPG.

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 31, 2012, 12:25:00 am »
Obviously most of you can´t read, or do not care.

My STF was 18/21, with tatar arrow and tatar bow (because the money isn´t enough to buy a horn bow).

I could make easy kills. 160 wpf makes archers so damn accurate, and 6 PD and unloomed tatar arrows and a unloomed tatar bow are apparenty enough to kill medium armored guys in 3-4 hits.

So don´t talk shit.

BTW Leshma, I killed you there too (or at least I hitted you 2 or 3 times and made a melee guy from my team kill you).

no1 cared warlord you have played 3-4 rounds with only 10 kills, you cant say that you are pro archer, and maybe all your targets was hardly wounded or peasants or some other noobs.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 31, 2012, 12:27:55 am »

+1

You can't just see it all from 1 perspective. You gotta try out every class before you judge something.

Offline peter_afca7

• Count
  • Renown: 224
  • Infamy: 113
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BLABLA
  • Game nicks: BLABLABLA
« Reply #239 on: May 31, 2012, 12:35:30 am »
The real problem why my old friendhers (retards with a bow) are hated is cause they run turn around shoot run turn around shoot melee dies melee very very mad  when melee mad melee gonna make NERF POSTS

Conclusion dont nerf the damage but nerf the speed of those bow fetish people

Would be more FUN to play on battles again

Last thing let the melee protect the archer so doesnt have to run turn around shoot

Would make melee more fine when they dont get shot by folowing a run turn shoot bow fetish guy  8-)