Poll

Should we nerf ranged?

NERF RANGED
270 (47.6%)
I LIKE TO BE GAY AND PLAY COUNTER STRIKE STYLE CRPG
297 (52.4%)

Total Members Voted: 566

Author Topic: SAVE CRPG! NERF RANGED  (Read 44350 times)

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
Re: SAVE CRPG! NERF RANGED
« Reply #255 on: May 31, 2012, 11:22:12 am »
I think the looms here really nails it.

Someone with a MW Rus Bow, MW Bodkins, and a typical 18/21 build will do damage comparable to a heavy crossbow, with three times the RoF and mobility.

Maybe someone can throw some "stats" at me that says this is impossible, but one or two shots from a veteran loomed up rus bow archer, that they can land over 100 yards away with great accuracy, will nearly black bar a destrier with a body shot.

2 shots will blackbar/kill me wearing a lordly heavy kuyak with lordly plate mittens unless I am some retarded 9+ IF build.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 31, 2012, 11:30:01 am »
I'd trade the extra damage from the arrows for more arrows or stable accuracy.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #257 on: May 31, 2012, 11:47:08 am »
I think the looms here really nails it.

Someone with a MW Rus Bow, MW Bodkins, and a typical 18/21 build will do damage comparable to a heavy crossbow, with three times the RoF and mobility.

Maybe someone can throw some "stats" at me that says this is impossible, but one or two shots from a veteran loomed up rus bow archer, that they can land over 100 yards away with great accuracy, will nearly black bar a destrier with a body shot.

2 shots will blackbar/kill me wearing a lordly heavy kuyak with lordly plate mittens unless I am some retarded 9+ IF build.

no

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DenBitre_Sir_Agor
« Reply #258 on: May 31, 2012, 11:58:19 am »
Yes. I am often getting two shotted in lordly katafraktoi + lordly mail gauntlets, 21 str and 5 IF.

Sometimes noob archers or HA dealing only like 5-10 % damage per shot.

So looms and high level make a big difference!

come on dont lie, i wear tribal warior outfir + 0 and mail mittens +1, i have 18 str and  0 if, and archers like cadarn, strudog, bagge at big distanse, radh and many others cant kill me with 2 shots, i bet if i have +3 stuff and a bit if i will allways survive 2 arrows.
dont forget that archers have distance penalty on dmg, rain penalty, speed bonus/penalty.  but still we have some high pd archers, ofc they make big amount of dmg, but they are slow and they cant aim.
shooting at people from a reachable place as last man standing is not delaying. Even if you're on the other side of the map.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 31, 2012, 12:00:26 pm »
No one's lying.  MW Rus/MW Bodkin, you might as well not be wearing any armor at all, it doesn't seem to factor in your armor rating whatsoever and does at least triple the damage I usually receive compared to most melee weapons except STR builds with great bardiches or something like that.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Adamar

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 31, 2012, 12:00:48 pm »
come on dont lie, i wear tribal warior outfir + 0 and mail mittens +1, i have 18 str and  0 if, and archers like cadarn, strudog, bagge at big distanse, radh and many others cant kill me with 2 shots, i bet if i have +3 stuff and a bit if i will allways survive 2 arrows.
dont forget that archers have distance penalty on dmg, rain penalty, speed bonus/penalty.  but still we have some high pd archers, ofc they make big amount of dmg, but they are slow and they cant aim.

aye, aye

Offline crojosip

• Noble
  • Renown: 24
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
  • *insert random quote here*
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Crojo
« Reply #261 on: May 31, 2012, 12:32:44 pm »
+1
lower archer accuracy, increase or leave damage alone.

Offline Trikipum

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 31, 2012, 12:44:00 pm »

Its true that archers where comoners, and there are plenty of historical portrayals of high medieval archers wearing medium armor and good helmets, regardless of their social condition. I assume lords wanted their troops to be efficient, if it could be afforded.
Not really good armor. They used what they could afford theirselves. Lords didnt pay for archer's armor. The kind of archers we talk about. Not mercenaries but normal ppl who happened to be "archers" in wartime. Families would save money for years "incase" daddy would need to go to war... just not to send him in rags. But the big mass of archers went with just leather armor if any. "rich" ones, like artisans etc would go to the battle even using chainmail. There was not a "uniform" for archers.
Btw, those portrayals give just clues, since most of them were always made decades after the real battle, also adding many "fantasy" stuff, just like they do nowadays. You know, people is always people, no matter the time, they always commit the same sins :)
"if you can't handle waiting a few minutes now and then, this game is not for you"

Offline Adamar

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 31, 2012, 12:54:33 pm »
lower archer accuracy, increase or leave damage alone.

My longbow is already crap at long range.

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 31, 2012, 01:05:14 pm »
Seems pretty senseless to argue with them.

It´s exactly what you say, no matter if I wear my +3 lamellar vest, +3 kuyak or +3 katafraktoi, I´m getting 2-3 shotted with every of them.

Sometimes, as I said, of course HA and lowby archer deal very low damage.

But what are we even talking about, I think it is about high level, dedicated archer who got their bow and arrow loomed.

Sure, if in agor´s fantasy world he can survive 2 shots in a unloomed tribal warrior outfit from an 18/21 +3 loomed dedicated archer, what´s the purpose of even posting here ...

I think if dedicated high lvl archer full loomed kill you in 3 shots because you decided to be spearman or 2h, and not shielder is it allright. placed 3 good shoots in mass fights is way more skill then just 1-2hit people with long spear.
shooting at people from a reachable place as last man standing is not delaying. Even if you're on the other side of the map.

Offline Sellka

• Knight
  • Renown: 28
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre
  • Game nicks: Sellka,kovoca
« Reply #265 on: May 31, 2012, 01:10:36 pm »
longbows are already crap with range, focus on certen bows, Don't nerf my longbow more then it already has. most of the bows are too closely related to the Longbow anyways, ive not been around to see whats happend with the bows recently but I know that to nerf the longbow again would be rendering it useless, its already a close range shotgun now. don't be saying BLARG nerf ranged, look at the equipment they are using, and I know the Longbow needs a increase in range, so its not a shotgun and pisses more people off when they get shot point blank by an archer. I know how it feels I went from an archer to a 2h, and I have switched back because I like archery, and all depends on the archer, the set he has, and if you stupid enough to run in a line at him.

EDIT**
PS Also Loved being a 2h, was a 2h for nine months, got good K/D, but Archery is still my favorite despite the K/D
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 01:20:29 pm by Sellka »
Pew pew pew pew pew

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 31, 2012, 01:14:39 pm »
all what people like warlord want here - 1) less ranged on servers 2) dieing only by 5 or more arrows 3) allways survive 1 headshot 4) less runing speed by archers.

fuck how he said gen 36 lvl 32 and still so retarded.

Offline peter_afca7

• Count
  • Renown: 224
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BLABLA
  • Game nicks: BLABLABLA
« Reply #267 on: May 31, 2012, 01:23:48 pm »
all what people like warlord want here - 1) less ranged on servers 2) dieing only by 5 or more arrows 3) allways survive 1 headshot 4) less runing speed by archers.

ooooo this looks awsome lets plent it in the cRPG would be epic  :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Offline Chagan_Arslan

• Earl
  • Renown: 372
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Chagan_Arslan
« Reply #268 on: May 31, 2012, 01:28:59 pm »
leave ranged alone, it might seems like an easy class, but it is actually much harder than melee char in heavy armor... if anything blame yourself for not using shields

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2274
  • Infamy: 1886
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 31, 2012, 01:32:01 pm »
A lot, lot harder. Even harder than melee char in light armour with agi build.