Author Topic: [Ban] Blobatschi  (Read 967 times)

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
[Ban] Blobatschi
« on: May 26, 2012, 11:05:30 pm »
Reporting "Blobatschi"

- Successful poll abuse (kick)

- 20 minutes ago on EU6

(click to show/hide)

Shot him right before he was going to pick up the ball in front of our goal.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
Re: [Ban] Blobatschi
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 12:00:59 pm »
Low level player, gen 1 with a few alts below level 30. Also considering the fact that Lansamur was on your server at that moment and he didn't intervene plus the fact that the majority of the server voted yes makes me think this ban request is not justified.

Ban request denied.

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 06:21:20 pm »
Im certanly not the kind of guy usually trying to argue over admin decisions.

But did you just spare a guy who was obviously abusing the poll function because he has not much game experience so far, thus encouraging him to do the same in the future due to the lack of punishment ? Also you are right, Lansamur was there, after I reconnected I asked him whether he is going to do anything about this, he simply answered "no". What can I possibly learn from this that doesnt involve any form of self-administered justice ?

I already changed my eq to standard arrows and am often carrying just a nonloomed hornbow in order to keep unnecessary killing to a minimum because otherwise the constant complains are unbearable. I simply had to kill him in this situation to prevent him from getting the ball and eventually score and you tell me, the fact that a majority votet yes is an indication for I was doing something wrong ? Everybody knows that the majority of people presses random buttons when it comes to kick polls.

I am very complaisant when it comes to these kinds of conflicts, reporting just very few of those who actually deserve it. But this decision, Phazey, does not appear appropriate to me for an admin in any way. IMO ignorance of the rules is not an excuse and nor should it be.

If it is your final word I have to accept it but I kindly ask you to revalue the situation.

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 06:30:53 pm »
Well i didn't lock the topic and you are, of course, allowed to ask me to reconsider.

I didn't mean to suggest that any poll that passes automatically is a valid poll. Poll abuse happens a lot and i really hate it.

But you are asking to have someone banned from the game. Just because he kick-polled you, one time. The poll succeeded and you got kicked off the server.

I do not know if the poll was justified or if it was a simple ragepoll. But, for the sake of this argument, let's assume it was a rage poll and totally unjustified. Let's also assume everyone on the server that voted 1 at that point was either also press 1 in rage and that was totally unjustified.

Even then.... you want me to ban a guy for start a kick poll (not a ban poll or anything)... once. A guy that has no prior bans and no record of misbehaving.

I'm sure you understand that I'm hesitant to ban someone because of that. I would not like to remove someone from the game unjustly.

In this case, i think it would be best if you would just 'shrug it off'. If the guy makes a habit of rage polling, I'm sure you'll be able to come in here with more proof of that and you'll get him banned next time.

Offline Lansamur

• Count
  • Renown: 232
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lansamur, The_Prisoner,Beer_Storage, Carebear_Ravenei
  • IRC nick: Lansamur
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 06:33:23 pm »
Remember that I quit the admin job prior to that? What would you have me do, initiate a poll back? Not my fault that certain people are too lazy to take away my Game-Admin status in the forums. Can't ban anyone anymore though, Meow took care of that like a day before that.
[22:17] <@chadz> congratz cmpxchg8b, you managed to put 995 errors into the item sheet!
[22:17] <@cmpxchg8b> epic winning
[22:17] <@cmpxchg8b> beat that Fasader

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 06:34:13 pm »
Sorry Lansa, didn't realize you already quit at that time. Can you confirm it was a bad, unjustified poll ?

Offline Franke

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Franke_HRE and Frankes_STF_HRE
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 06:35:42 pm »
I wasn't there and I do not know the details (maybe I should just shut up...) but am I right that the only reason, Blobatschi gave for the poll was "gay archer"?
Quote from: Tindel
In teamspeak i like to hear all of your opinions on; beer and alcohol, chocolate chip cookies, social problems and their solutions, massmurderers, why ranged should burn in hell, hating on new maps, hating on old maps.

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 06:51:32 pm »
@ Phazey

I certanly understand your point. He has not caused much harm nor am I mad at him, I would have had any possibility to "pay him back" in game. The thing that concerns me however is that I dont think he has any reason now to believe that he has done something wrong. Correct me if Im wrong but I guess he has not even been warned and this I just cant understand when someone clearly and intentionally breaks a rule. The [Ban] in the thread title seems to be a bit misleading I have to admit. It should rather be "punish according to one's judgement"

Also the reason why many people pressed 1 is because Im an archer obviously.

@Lansamur

Didnt notice that you didnt have admin status, sorry about that.

@ReBa1918

Yes. "gay archer" was his "reason" for this poll, even though Im one of the rare people who are actually trying to play the gamemode instead of headshotting anything that moves.

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2012, 06:59:06 pm »
Well, you do make a valid point XyNox.

I should at least inform that Blobatschi guy that ragepolling isn't cool and future ragepolls might result in a ban. I will send him a message right away.

Warning Blobatschi: do not start polls without good reason. Future poll abuse might result in you being banned from the game.

[sent an ingame message too. the guy doesn't have a forum account so i sent it directly to his character]

There is a small chance the guy doesn't read ingame messages or he might not notice the 'new messages' icon. But we'll just have to live with that.

If the guy misbehaves in the future, just make a new topic and i'll be less lenient next time.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 07:06:02 pm by Phazey »

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2012, 07:10:15 pm »
I much appreciate your sincerity Phazey, thanks for that. However I hope I wont need to settle differences by reporting people again any time soon.