Author Topic: Limit banner balance  (Read 270 times)

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
Limit banner balance
« on: May 26, 2012, 10:17:57 pm »
+3
Banner balance is a really cool feature and i love it, when it is used the way it was meant to be used - to allow clanmates to play on the same team, together. However, currently, it is being abused heavily, with very large stacks of players using the same banner to abuse team balance.

My suggestion - change the formula somehow, so that there is a limit of how many people are balanced by banner. Perhaps give higher priority to those, that have the same first or last two or three letters in their name?

Offline bredeus

• Earl
  • Renown: 392
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • there must be Peace
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templars since 1096 AD
  • Game nicks: Templar_Brede
  • IRC nick: Brede
Re: Limit banner balance
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 10:23:49 pm »
Maybe more fair would be stick a banner to real clan members not fake Byzantium ;)

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Limit banner balance
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 03:32:40 am »
What it should do is form the groups by banner, then put the biggest group on one team. Next, it should fill the other team with banner groups, starting from second largest, until it has more players than the first team. Then the same procedure on the first team again, and so on, until all banner groups are distributed.

Then it should calculate the player difference between those two opposing clan groups, multiply it by 2 and fill the weaker team with randomers, until this limit is reached, then distribute the rest of the randomers evenly.

So if 10 greys are in one team, and 5 HRE and 3 STR in the other, and 12 randomers on the server, the grey team would receive another 5 random players and the HRE team 7, making it an 15 vs 15.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?