Poll

What are you?

Far Left
Left
Center
Right
Far Right
None of the above (other)

Author Topic: Official Politics Thread!  (Read 4703 times)

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Official Politics Thread!
« Reply #75 on: May 24, 2012, 03:47:32 pm »
For example the manorial and mercantile systems of the Middle Ages. Or the self-sufficient agricultural systems in effect in most ancient cultures throughout history.

Capitalist countries with hunger or starvation problems includes major countries like China, the US and India.

Some quick facts on hunger and starvation in the World.

(click to show/hide)
Source:http://library.thinkquest.org/C002291/high/present/stats.htm

Again, I'm not really an ideologue, I'm only arguing that starvation is not only a matter of economic model but more available ressources (mostly historically and geographically determined) and the distribution of wealth.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 03:55:12 pm by Angantyr »

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2012, 04:16:57 pm »
Relieved nobody have voted for Far Left. But a couple of brainwashed sheep voted Far Right though.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 04:19:28 pm by CountBerenger »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 24, 2012, 04:20:15 pm »
Agreed. I never said the church should receive funding. I simply said it should be the moral guide of a nation. If you will, the official "here's what you gotta do if you don't want to be a dick - idiot edition " guide provided by the state.

So for you the don't be a dick for dummies guide should include... what exactly ? Most religions and religious authorities want to spread plenty of things that I personally consider good such as forgiveness and solidarity. But this is very different than what is actually written in the whole reference material when it exists. Not to forget monotheisms are by definition mutually exclusive. Which religion would you choose ? And if you choose one, you are making a serious moral error anyway, since they are all just as valid.

The idea of absolute morality is imo another thing that did extensive damage in the past. See the Inquisition. Not only is it impossible to apply in practice, but also because morality cannot be summarized as a set of rules. It is very far from being only a matter of culture, it is hardcoded among many other things such as altruism in our neurological reward mechanisms.

Finally, and for the same reasons, you cannot "enforce" a specific morality to someone. They already have one.

Of course laws are needed, but a guide to morality is both impossible to write and useless.

How on earth does centralization and an EXTREMELY bloated bureucracy lead to more efficiency and less corruption? Since the begining of time, empirical evidence shows the exact opposite happens.

It's the point I'm the least sure about tbh. But I believe a more centralised government will use less ressources (that's almost certain considering the scale economies) and be more efficient because many decisions are required to be taken everywhere at the same time to be effective. Such as tax changes, global warming stuff... It also pushes towards cooperation rather than conflict between local authorities.

I won't discuss whether the concept of nation is a valid one as this is not politics but philosophy (but to note: I believe the nation to be the most important structure of society except for family)

The importance of the family is evident and is very far from being a new concept. It's older than our sentience and has stayed so there's probably something right about it. But I fail to see why I should be more emotionally linked to my "nation" than with the rest of the world. I find it quite hypocritical when I hear 94 person died in an accident, 3 of which were of my country and the journalist only cares about those 3.

Plenty of non-capitalistic economic systems throughout history have kept people fed. There's also plenty of capitalistic countries today that have millions of people starving every single day.

This is just a note, not an ideological perspective  :wink:

Very few economic systems that were truly non-capitalistic were ever used throughout history. Money is a little more than two millenias old iirc, and before that people used bartering. This is the essence, together with technological progress, of what actually allowed an increasing fraction of the population not to devote 100% of their working time to their own survival.

Food is probably a bad example because you could have a "system" with everyone living in autarky and a very small population, but that is not a dream either. How are we going to conquer space if everybody has to work for food ?

Btw berenger how do you managed to get a forum title ? Constant trolling ?

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 24, 2012, 04:44:11 pm »

Btw berenger how do you managed to get a forum title ? Constant trolling ?

Lol i never troll noob. I'm a gentleman. And that's that.

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 24, 2012, 05:11:56 pm »
Lol i never troll noob. I'm a gentleman. And that's that.

It's so bad it does actually work like that and I already have a title. I'm trolling you so hard right now.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #80 on: May 24, 2012, 06:23:03 pm »
It's so bad it does actually work like that and I already have a title. I'm trolling you so hard right now.

Membergroup != title. Back with the peasants!

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 24, 2012, 07:12:33 pm »
Membergroup != title. Back with the peasants!

Ha I see...

Maybe the nobility titles should also have an influence over the forum titles then.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #82 on: May 24, 2012, 07:18:41 pm »
Im apparently a "World open Social Democrat"(I have it on german, weirdly, so I cant link it)

Humm...
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Laufknoten

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • BOAT OF ANGER FLOATING ON THE SEA OF TEARS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Felipe
« Reply #83 on: May 24, 2012, 07:49:44 pm »
I voted "right" on the poll, but here's the result of the test lol.

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 24, 2012, 08:10:03 pm »
This is fun xD

You are a neoliberal Democrat. 6 percent of the test participators are in the same category and 2 percent are more extremist than you.

It seems I'm a bloody extremist.

Also, 67% anarchistic what the hell.

Some questions are so badly written I ended up not responding. Others are really open for interpretation. What does "I agree in part" to a "blahblahblah must never blahblahblah" sentence mean ?

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 24, 2012, 08:20:23 pm »

Some questions are so badly written I ended up not responding. Others are really open for interpretation. What does "I agree in part" to a "blahblahblah must never blahblahblah" sentence mean ?

Example, ''A country always resort to peaceful solutions and must never try violent ones''

If you say i agree in part to you basically say that you try to go for peaceful solutions most of the time but you're not a retard and understands when hope is lost and put in ze army.

Just an example.

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #86 on: May 24, 2012, 08:27:50 pm »

But as always, a lot of questions really suck by assuming lots of things such as the want for state/school etc.

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 25, 2012, 01:49:51 am »
I still wonder what are all the questions that influence the visionary/reactionary value. I can certainly identify a few of them but to me it seems there are less than other questions. Maybe it's me being an old fart, maybe it's the test considering being "progressive" isn't really about believing in progress per se but rather a choice between solutions that are currently considered as old or new to current issues.

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #88 on: May 25, 2012, 04:32:45 am »
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 25, 2012, 11:01:03 am »

Is there a version without music ? Also, lol at the related videos xD Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul. Youtube candidate ftw.