Poll

What are you?

Far Left
Left
Center
Right
Far Right
None of the above (other)

Author Topic: Official Politics Thread!  (Read 4690 times)

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
Re: Official Politics Thread!
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2012, 04:18:55 am »
I am Gandhi

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I am hot!
Are you me? :O (I'm not as left as Gandhi but as much libertarian I suppose...)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 04:20:08 am by Son Of Odin »

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2012, 08:47:44 am »
:3

(the second test is politicaltest.net, I consider it better because it doesn't mix some categories like, say, religious beliefs and authoritarianism)

by the way, would it be here a good place to state that I am an atheist?

Here's mine:

Interesting.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Arathian

• Duke
  • Renown: 650
  • Infamy: 175
  • Pick it up you white ass cracka
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisians
  • Game nicks: Arathian, schizophrenic_axe_murderer
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2012, 08:59:25 am »
Here's mine:

(click to show/hide)

Interesting.

why so little on anthropocentric?

You god damn hippie!

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2012, 09:02:01 am »
Btw arathian I can't criticize your opinions but I can criticize their coherence :P And the test seems to agree, if that means anything.

Gonna do that test later...

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2012, 09:02:51 am »
You are a Liberal. 4 percent of the test participators are in the same category and 68 percent are more extremist than you.

That seems more plausible, yes.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2012, 09:03:30 am »
why so little on anthropocentric?

You god damn hippie!

Hippie, lol.

Made my day.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Arathian

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2012, 09:07:34 am »
Btw arathian I can't criticize your opinions but I can criticize their coherence :P And the test seems to agree, if that means anything.

Gonna do that test later...

You can critisize my opinion all you want. In fact, I encourage rational debate on my opinions since it always helps me improve them (one way or the other)

Actually, here I will lay them down for you:

I am a libertarian, I believe in political non-intervention almost always, I believe in a non-intrusive state religion for moral guidance for the idiots that can't figure by themselves why they shouldn't sleep with 100 people a day, I believe monarchy is a good thing both for the tourism profits and the fact that it can serve as a symbol of national unity. I believe that every nation on Earth should be a federation with direct democracy in the states and semi-representative democracy on national level and the states should have A LOT of power. I believe in a completely free market, no exceptions. There should be no regulations but rigorous fullfillment of contracts. Taxation should be kept at the bare minimum although it is a necessesary evil.

Pick one of these, or multiple, and critize away!

edit: by the way, since it came up. I DO believe abortion is murder, however I also believe it is possibly one of the most irrelevant issues of modern society. First we can start by fixing the god damn economy and then we can figure out what we can do with "strong, empowered women who need 'no da man tellin' me wut to do' "
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 09:14:12 am by Arathian »

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2012, 09:17:30 am »
I believe that every nation on Earth should be a federation with direct democracy in the states and semi-representative democracy on national level and the states should have A LOT of power. I believe in a completely free market, no exceptions. There should be no regulations but rigorous fullfillment of contracts. Taxation should be kept at the bare minimum although it is a necessesary evil

+1 to these couple of points.

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2012, 02:06:48 pm »
I am a libertarian, I believe in political non-intervention almost always, I believe in a non-intrusive state religion for moral guidance for the idiots that can't figure by themselves why they shouldn't sleep with 100 people a day, I believe monarchy is a good thing both for the tourism profits and the fact that it can serve as a symbol of national unity. I believe that every nation on Earth should be a federation with direct democracy in the states and semi-representative democracy on national level and the states should have A LOT of power. I believe in a completely free market, no exceptions. There should be no regulations but rigorous fullfillment of contracts. Taxation should be kept at the bare minimum although it is a necessesary evil.

I don't think the state should have anything to do with culture or religion. Even in civilized countries (church/state separation) there's still often a funding of religious/assimilitated activities which I consider borderline acceptable. Just like funding culture -> what's the point ? Let people donate what they want, that would be more just (no such thing as a culture authority can exist) and work just as good if not better.

I think the concept of nation has done enough damage to be definetly rejected, but I understand this view is not shared outside of Europe for historical reasons. That's also why I believe in a centralised world government (which is probably going to happen anyway in the future), because more centralisation increases effectiveness, decreases corruption and and decreases the overall weight of the bureaucracy.

Most of these under the belt issues are completely irrelevant but actually become important because the current legislations are so restrictive they become absurd in today's world. Changes to make them up to date should come very naturally as with most other laws but some (usually religious) groups are extremely conservative on these subjects which causes the neverending debates and media attention.

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2012, 02:11:48 pm »
'Under conditions of perfect liberty markets will lead to perfect equality'
- Adam Smith in 'Wealth of Nations'

I have bolded the important premise modern 'capitalists' and 'libertarians' seem to omit. 'Perfect liberty' is likely as much a feverdream as Marx and Engell's egalitarianism.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2012, 02:15:30 pm »

I have bolded the important premise modern 'capitalists' and 'libertarians' seem to omit. 'Perfect liberty' is likely as much a feverdream as Marx and Engell's egalitarianism.

Or a world government which we need eventually. Just a dream.

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2012, 02:27:34 pm »

Yet even if this quote was somehow proved true (which it can't be considering how vague it is), it would be irrelevant as an anti-market argument. The choice is not about equality, it's about what works and what doesn't. Equality is good but is secondary if it means starving equally fast.

Offline Arathian

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2012, 02:39:49 pm »
I don't think the state should have anything to do with culture or religion. Even in civilized countries (church/state separation) there's still often a funding of religious/assimilitated activities which I consider borderline acceptable. Just like funding culture -> what's the point ? Let people donate what they want, that would be more just (no such thing as a culture authority can exist) and work just as good if not better.
Agreed. I never said the church should receive funding. I simply said it should be the moral guide of a nation. If you will, the official "here's what you gotta do if you don't want to be a dick - idiot edition " guide provided by the state.

I think the concept of nation has done enough damage to be definetly rejected, but I understand this view is not shared outside of Europe for historical reasons. That's also why I believe in a centralised world government (which is probably going to happen anyway in the future), because more centralisation increases effectiveness, decreases corruption and and decreases the overall weight of the bureaucracy.

How on earth does centralization and an EXTREMELY bloated bureucracy lead to more efficiency and less corruption? Since the begining of time, empirical evidence shows the exact opposite happens.

I won't discuss whether the concept of nation is a valid one as this is not politics but philosophy (but to note: I believe the nation to be the most important structure of society except for family)

Yet even if this quote was somehow proved true (which it can't be considering how vague it is), it would be irrelevant as an anti-market argument. The choice is not about equality, it's about what works and what doesn't. Equality is good but is secondary if it means starving equally fast.

Agreed, thus it is fortunate that the only current economic system that doesn't let its people starve is capitalism  :wink:

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2012, 03:15:27 pm »
Agreed, thus it is fortunate that the only current economic system that doesn't let its people starve is capitalism  :wink:
Plenty of non-capitalistic economic systems throughout history have kept people fed. There's also plenty of capitalistic countries today that have millions of people starving every single day.

This is just a note, not an ideological perspective  :wink:

Offline Arathian

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2012, 03:21:35 pm »
Plenty of non-capitalistic economic systems throughout history have kept people fed. There's also plenty of capitalistic countries today that have millions of people starving every single day.

This is just a note, not an ideological perspective  :wink:

which and which.