Poll

what should we concentrate on?

adding new gamemodes (Stronghold, CTF, Conquest, Commander Battle...)
690 (17.9%)
improving existing gamemodes (Battle, Siege, DTV, Rageball...)
340 (8.8%)
improving Strategus battles
314 (8.1%)
changing/improving reward (XP/gold) system
710 (18.4%)
changing/improving upkeep system
246 (6.4%)
working on item balance
289 (7.5%)
adding more depth to combat (new mechanics, stamina...)
761 (19.8%)
improving graphics (models, textures...)
270 (7%)
bug fixing/polishing (voice chat, interface...)
233 (6%)

Total Members Voted: 2279

Author Topic: cRPG Ingame Feature - what is it you want?  (Read 127360 times)

Offline Kirbyy

• Count
  • Renown: 286
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player
  • Hi guys
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Malta 4 lyfe.
  • Game nicks: Kirby, ynyng
Re: cRPG Ingame Feature - what is it you want?
« Reply #630 on: December 10, 2012, 04:18:08 pm »
+3
This game needs cars that can run people over, add a windshield wiper animation too, so I can wipe those dirty archers off too.

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
« Reply #631 on: December 15, 2012, 10:19:01 pm »
+2
I want dave back.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Pewpew

• Knight
  • Renown: 62
  • Infamy: 3
  • konspire like bosnik t`urk,e
    • View Profile
  • Faction: bj/boa
« Reply #632 on: December 15, 2012, 11:51:51 pm »
+5
for the love of god please no stamina :|
(click to show/hide)

Offline bentrion

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 17
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Assassin
  • Game nicks: Bentrion the Thief
« Reply #633 on: December 19, 2012, 12:22:59 pm »
+1
In all RPGs is it harder to become more powerful with high level. You need more time to gain next level and things that make u better.
But in cRPG all power gamer get more and more buffed with higher level. Each time u retire, your XP and Gold gain get buffed and u
get new levels faster and faster. The reason of this is that the time to retier is falling and u can improve your Equip faster what is
making u more powerful.

This is a kind of unbalance which is good for all powergamer that got many time, but all "casual" gamers have a hard start to this
Mod and perhaps they quiting it faster, then the old guys are so powerful, that u lose the fun of this game, cause u know, they
get faster and faster powerful and soon then can ignoring retierment and going for lvl 31+ what is making then stronger too.

cRPG need a change to be a RPG. Atm it is a funny game with high rewards for powergamers.

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: December 19, 2012, 10:26:54 pm »
In all RPGs is it harder to become more powerful with high level. You need more time to gain next level and things that make u better.
But in cRPG all power gamer get more and more buffed with higher level. Each time u retire, your XP and Gold gain get buffed and u
get new levels faster and faster. The reason of this is that the time to retier is falling and u can improve your Equip faster what is
making u more powerful.

This is a kind of unbalance which is good for all powergamer that got many time, but all "casual" gamers have a hard start to this
Mod and perhaps they quiting it faster, then the old guys are so powerful, that u lose the fun of this game, cause u know, they
get faster and faster powerful and soon then can ignoring retierment and going for lvl 31+ what is making then stronger too.

cRPG need a change to be a RPG. Atm it is a funny game with high rewards for powergamers.

You can be a top player without any looms or superhigh level. Still I agree, current state of old players (playing this mod for years) having tons of looms is not newbiefriendly (at least psychologically) and should be changed.

Offline Carthan

• Duke
  • Renown: 612
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • Mad scientist and creator of QUANTUM-KAFEIN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BlackCompany
  • Game nicks: Vandal (Carthan)
« Reply #635 on: December 20, 2012, 01:07:26 am »
+1
I am only on my third gen, and I do agree that it can be difficult to start off (especially if you play in short bursts then take a long time off) however, beacuse I was so low level and under-equipped, I had to learn valuable skills like gold managment and proper blocking. I still am probably not that good (I like to think I am) but the challenging start only helps to build you stronger.
Every time I look at my xp per minute I look and say 'I am so glad I retired, I can finally level quickly  and know how to play proper xD"
Yes, been posted before. Rather than practicing swinging a weapon, it would be better to go 1 hander and learn a martial art that specializes in takedowns, because that's all that really matters in that sport.

Offline Malak_Dawnfire

• Knight
  • Renown: 30
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Malak_Dawnfire_HREr
« Reply #636 on: December 20, 2012, 06:52:27 pm »
As a first gen one of the most wild ideas that I had to figure out was the act of actually buying equipment off the website and making an account. I'd be nice if that was more intuitive than simply running around in starter gear for the first seven levels and finally asking "Where do I buy weapons?" Never coded a thing in my life so I'm sure doing this would be incredibly difficult/impossible to have the shop available in-game.

Just my 2 cents! 

As for the poll, I selected item balance and a new gold/xp system. I'm not entirely clear on what the actual in-balance of the current game is but I always think developers should always be working to make items viable or nerfing incredibly powerful ones.

I'd also like a different gold and XP system, the first one can be fine if you're in a good team but can be miserable leveling or acquiring money with a bad one.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 06:57:05 pm by Malak_Dawnfire »

Offline Yachdiel

• Knight
  • Renown: 68
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Thraus
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: December 20, 2012, 09:25:51 pm »
As a first gen one of the most wild ideas that I had to figure out was the act of actually buying equipment off the website and making an account. I'd be nice if that was more intuitive than simply running around in starter gear for the first seven levels and finally asking "Where do I buy weapons?" Never coded a thing in my life so I'm sure doing this would be incredibly difficult/impossible to have the shop available in-game.

Just my 2 cents! 

As for the poll, I selected item balance and a new gold/xp system. I'm not entirely clear on what the actual in-balance of the current game is but I always think developers should always be working to make items viable or nerfing incredibly powerful ones.

I'd also like a different gold and XP system, the first one can be fine if you're in a good team but can be miserable leveling or acquiring money with a bad one.

I actually believe if that was possible, that would be a great idea. That would really start to attract a bigger crowd. Possibly make Strategus ingame too, maybe add a multiplayer server you could connect to where it would take you to a screen that looks much like the click and go calradia of singleplayer, with the horses and whatnot.

Edit:

I also believe in the idea of adding new slots and gear, I don't know if that would be hard to code (thought I have seen it in another mod I believe) though. If not, maybe cosmetic items like capes could soak up all the gold floating around... yeah.... heraldic capes.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 09:29:39 pm by Yachdiel »

Offline akapraf

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: December 29, 2012, 11:34:05 pm »
i want this with lvl 1 riding  :rolleyes:

Offline Vengt037

• Count
  • Renown: 259
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE47rDVh3c0
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vengt_The_Horsethief, Glorefindel, Vanderkaum
« Reply #639 on: January 29, 2013, 04:04:48 am »
1. Thank you devs for everything.
2. There is still a bug where if you're a thrower and you're trying to pick up throwing weapons, it makes you drop your other throwing weapons even if you have open slots. I think this affects archers too. If you fixed this I would be super happy.
3. Thanks again.
"Vengt, you are like my favorite player in CRPG."
- BlackWhite

Offline woody

• Earl
  • Renown: 407
  • Infamy: 138
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Woody, Weebo, Wreky
« Reply #640 on: January 30, 2013, 03:34:19 am »
+2
Having played Brytenwalda mod the stamina bar and the falling over every other step when going backwards is absurd.

Try it, its silly. The fighters are meant to be pros, boxers can fight for 40 mins and how many crpg/warband fights last that long? And yes you can swing a 2h sword 50 times without getting completely knackered.

Offline Tojo

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
  • Long Live NA_1
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, HoC, Acre, MB, HG, Beserks
  • Game nicks: _Tojo, Drew_Brees, Tijo
« Reply #641 on: January 30, 2013, 05:41:00 am »
better animations for blocks, I would like to see
be good would it be to have more animations that would cycle for each block type

lets say if i block left it could be of 2-3 slight variations of the same block (angled up or down maybe)
or even when the enemy's wing makes contact with the block you could parry it sometimes up or down.

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
« Reply #642 on: January 30, 2013, 04:21:44 pm »
+4
I don't see massive changed in crpg gameplay happen anymore, there is however 1 thing i still want...

I want DaveUKR back

Offline Tojo

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
  • Long Live NA_1
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, HoC, Acre, MB, HG, Beserks
  • Game nicks: _Tojo, Drew_Brees, Tijo
« Reply #643 on: February 02, 2013, 09:55:20 pm »
+1
I would like a new feature where i dont have 150+ ping on NA servers for no reason.

(i have checked its latencey problem on crpg end)

Offline Jack Avenger

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Black Knights Order
  • Game nicks: Jack_Avenger
« Reply #644 on: February 03, 2013, 05:46:31 pm »
New xp and gold reward system would be great. Also new game mode would be better!