Poll

what should we concentrate on?

adding new gamemodes (Stronghold, CTF, Conquest, Commander Battle...)
690 (17.9%)
improving existing gamemodes (Battle, Siege, DTV, Rageball...)
340 (8.8%)
improving Strategus battles
314 (8.1%)
changing/improving reward (XP/gold) system
710 (18.4%)
changing/improving upkeep system
246 (6.4%)
working on item balance
289 (7.5%)
adding more depth to combat (new mechanics, stamina...)
761 (19.8%)
improving graphics (models, textures...)
270 (7%)
bug fixing/polishing (voice chat, interface...)
233 (6%)

Total Members Voted: 2279

Author Topic: cRPG Ingame Feature - what is it you want?  (Read 126995 times)

Offline Thedric

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: cRPG Ingame Feature - what is it you want?
« Reply #420 on: September 01, 2012, 08:15:06 pm »
How about fixing the spawn-lag? As cav I cant do anything for the first 10s otherwise I get M:ed for bumping friendlies I didnt even see. Sieges are even more annoying. More than once I spent 30+ seconds running from spawn to the flag only to get lag in the middle of a fight (followed by a 2h in the face ofc) cause a bunch of defenders spawn nearby.

If these features are going to add more load on server then plz take them and shove them where the sun dont shine.

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #421 on: September 02, 2012, 03:26:33 am »
+4
MORE SOUNDS

Weapons hitting objects

Gates opening/closing

Doors Opening/closing

Horse running through water should have a different sound than infantry

Siege tower moving

Probably a TON more, just off the top of my head.

Offline Lordark

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player
  • Please respect all admins and thier decisions.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Solo
  • Game nicks: Lordark
« Reply #422 on: September 02, 2012, 09:26:34 am »
SHIELD BASH WILL BRING IN THE NEW FISH AND APPEASE THE OLD FISH! 2 HANDERS STINK! GIVE US SHIELD BASH!!
Never forget the day Dragons came to Calradia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfLxHJY0lQI&feature=related
My personal theme song, We will never surrender!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg1xqAjQ5e4

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #423 on: September 02, 2012, 09:19:47 pm »
+4
How about fixing the spawn-lag? As cav I cant do anything for the first 10s otherwise I get M:ed for bumping friendlies I didnt even see.
Poor fella, gotta wait a bit more with couching dem afks, how fucking tragic.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Thedric

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: September 04, 2012, 01:24:34 am »
+1
Poor fella, gotta wait a bit more with couching dem afks, how fucking tragic.

Im not some newb GK horsemy old friend! Im a cav-killer, I look for enemy lancers and shove my hl right down their throats. Thats why its so important to me to have this fixed. When you are facing a lancer 1-on-1 any amount of lag gets you killed.

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: September 04, 2012, 07:52:58 am »
Im not some newb GK horsemy old friend! Im a cav-killer, I look for enemy lancers and shove my hl right down their throats. Thats why its so important to me to have this fixed. When you are facing a lancer 1-on-1 any amount of lag gets you killed.
Well, you won't be facing enemy spawnrapers right at the start of a round, so just wait a bit.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Thedric

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: September 04, 2012, 08:25:05 pm »
Well, you won't be facing enemy spawnrapers right at the start of a round, so just wait a bit.

Wow why didnt I think of that?  :rolleyes:

Oh wait, I did. I even wrote it in my first post. Your stupidity is starting to annoy me, so plz go away.

Offline HUtH

• Baron
  • Renown: 94
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: September 05, 2012, 10:31:50 pm »
+1
After playing Vikingr a bit again... make it unable to attack while jumping... and add these overhand animations from Vikingr or Deluge(or whatever has it)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sorry
for
my
terrible
English

Offline FleetFox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 711
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fox Shox Rox
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Norsemen
  • Game nicks: Norse_Torr and FleetFox
« Reply #428 on: September 08, 2012, 09:36:59 pm »
Id love to see a new patch with the multi system gone completely, back to the days of REAL cRPG :DDD
"Its better to die on your feet than to live on your knees."
― Emiliano Zapata

Offline Tore

• Item Manager
  • Renown: 882
  • Infamy: 329
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: September 08, 2012, 10:01:13 pm »
free panos

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: September 08, 2012, 10:13:24 pm »
+1
After playing Vikingr a bit again... make it unable to attack while jumping... and add these overhand animations from Vikingr or Deluge(or whatever has it)
Making it impossible to attack while jumping is fucking retarded.

Offline 7000bc

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Vae Victus, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Roma
  • Game nicks: Varros
« Reply #431 on: September 09, 2012, 03:18:49 am »
+2
Warhorns from Vikingr.

But I'd be satisfied with a shield bash/overhand for spears. I'd feel like a legit hoplite.

I'm very much against stamina though. Who wants to play Mount and Asthma.
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Wonkysaurus

• Knight
  • Renown: 48
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: September 09, 2012, 04:18:05 am »
How about fixing the spawn-lag? As cav I cant do anything for the first 10s otherwise I get M:ed for bumping friendlies I didnt even see. Sieges are even more annoying. More than once I spent 30+ seconds running from spawn to the flag only to get lag in the middle of a fight (followed by a 2h in the face ofc) cause a bunch of defenders spawn nearby.

If these features are going to add more load on server then plz take them and shove them where the sun dont shine.
Out of curiosity, which OS do you use? Win XP?

Offline Iymore

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 104
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Balamir
« Reply #433 on: September 09, 2012, 05:06:16 am »
THANKS FOR STF TIMER SHIT

Offline Greziz

• Baron
  • Renown: 112
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kerin__Grahm_BRD, Linden_BRD, secretary of BRD
« Reply #434 on: September 14, 2012, 06:30:58 pm »
Dear chadz.

I would like to petition that you revert the melee combat back to native gameplay. I deeply appreciate your attempts to fix some of the more gamey content of native gameplay but I find that the changes are less appealing than basic native gameplay. Let me tell you points and counter points to some of the changes.

1. The earlier active attacks which cause bounces less frequent and makes you bounce on objects and maul your teammates behind you with left and right swings. I know this was to address the cries of he swinging through walls and allies to get me.

My reason why I feel this is bad,

1. I feel this is bad because the raw 90 degree angle left and right and overheads are just a representation of all kinds of overheads and diagonals that one would use given surroundings and allies.  The old native gave you a small leniency when your weapon passed through allies knowing full well the games very limited animations of being 90 degress and decided to give players a bit of wiggle room on this based on the idea that your guy isn't a blood thirsty double brain celled microorganism using the super basic attacks to feed your epeen but plausibly would have chosen a slightly different attack direction to avoid slamming ones allies.

2. The almost extinquishing of bounce hits on slashes because your attack is active and at a lethal speed sooner almost completely eliminates defensive foot work and instead has opened up a slew of more vicious gamey hiltslashing instant hits that are far more difficult to counter.

3. Another weird change that happened due to this change is that chambers. {A very risky manuever of attacking an attack to block and attack at almost the same instant.} Has been almost completely phased out as it is now actually possible to release an attack see that it has had a chamber swing initiated cancel your swing feint into a different slash and with proper footwork and turning thanks to the new earlier active swings your 2nd swing will land before the chamber where as the chamber will have no chance as your placement and footwork to make a chamber succeed will be defeated. In Native the lack of an earlier active swing will punish the player for releasing a 2nd swing that would have been after the chamber initiation swing.

4. Also with proper footwork and religious turning it is now possible to swing after being hit with no need to block if you once again can put your new magic instant slash into position.

Now in favor of reverting the new turn radius nerf.

I haven't actually witnessed the turn radius nerf stop lol stabs or overheads in the least it has merely made it harder for those with less crack addicted ultra sensitive mouse characters to perform the same things as those of us with stupid high max mouse sensitivity.

And last but not least I would like to see a revert to the wpf curve to some degree.

I actually played a strength build when the game allowed the agility stackers to keep their wpf over generations and I found that at a certain point no matter how fast my opponents were thanks to natives very nice basic gameplay if one was to block and strike you could always make a counter swing. I did however notice that by gimping the wpf of the agility characters their damage output which was about a 3rd less than a strength build of similar mirror and a much less hp was diminished even further placing the strength build easily into the generally better catagory.

Too conclude this mod is still great but I feel like with each small patch to the gameplay which wasn't perfect in native the game become slightly more and more buggy and gamey than it originally was. I hope if you actually read this to recieve your thoughts on the post.

Respectfully an ardent undieing fan of this mod.