Poll

what should we concentrate on?

adding new gamemodes (Stronghold, CTF, Conquest, Commander Battle...)
690 (17.9%)
improving existing gamemodes (Battle, Siege, DTV, Rageball...)
340 (8.8%)
improving Strategus battles
314 (8.1%)
changing/improving reward (XP/gold) system
710 (18.4%)
changing/improving upkeep system
246 (6.4%)
working on item balance
289 (7.5%)
adding more depth to combat (new mechanics, stamina...)
761 (19.8%)
improving graphics (models, textures...)
270 (7%)
bug fixing/polishing (voice chat, interface...)
233 (6%)

Total Members Voted: 2279

Author Topic: cRPG Ingame Feature - what is it you want?  (Read 127077 times)

Offline Gomer

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 368
  • cRPG Player
  • Skill Crutcher
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Gomer
Re: cRPG Ingame Feature - what is it you want?
« Reply #165 on: May 20, 2012, 11:30:11 am »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Dalhi

• Earl
  • Renown: 415
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dalhi
« Reply #166 on: May 20, 2012, 12:50:08 pm »
+4
It is really nice to hear that you are still planning to work on improving module. We have awsome website, strategus is more or less fine besides almost everyone spend 90% of his time here playing the cRPG on various servers with different game modes, everything else is just nice addition to that. There are really awsome new features in other modules Vikingr, The Deluge it would be nice to search for inspiration and "borrow" some new ideas for awsome features. Things that I would to love see in firts place:

- improving overall performance, removing some old ugly items or replacing them,
- adding script for fall damage while being dismounted,
- if rain doesn't affect horses speed and manuver it should,
- changing the way how poll votes are displayed to something less distractive, there were few minor modes that made them appear in the bottom of the screen with smaller font,
- maybe adding shield bash, but to be honest I can't recall if I ever palyed module that has it implemented so that would require some testing,
- rework is possible how shield forcfield work on horses, so it will not magicly defend horse from being hit,
- buff gravity, fall damage should be reworked, it is sometimes ridicoulus from how high you can jump without loosing health points,
- there is something called "Death Mode" that points out at certain time where is the enemie to cut the camping,
- maybe work a bit on other game modes, don't know if something can be done with Stronghold, but last time I tried it it gives me really awfull performance issues even with about 20 players on the server,
- would be nice to add clan managemnet via website with banners selectable only for clan members, that would be probably best way to fix banner balance by cutting banner leeching,
- make dead bodies receive damage for short time after player death, it was even mentioned in changelog during Warband beta tests but they fail at adding this so I hope that our awsome devs know how to do this if it is possible,

For now it's all what comes to my mind, but sure there are a lot of things that be can tweaked, improved or reworked. Changing the way some attributes works like removing bonus to hp from strenght or reworking weapon master skill should be done (if they ever will) right along with some support for lvl 31+ characters that based their skill/attribute distribution on old mechanics, besides it might be awsome idea for gold sink.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 04:52:50 pm by Dalhi »

Offline Seastalker

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: AGI whores
  • Game nicks: Seastalker
« Reply #167 on: May 20, 2012, 01:17:40 pm »
I would like to see a small increase in infantry movement speed, by about 10-15%, and less slowdown caused by terrain.
To compenaste side effects of this, slightly increase all projectile speed to keep ranged a chance to hit the faster targets (overall damage stays), and reduce horse leg damage (to about the average of what was before and how it is now) to keep cav viable.

Side note: I'd prefer if ATH would give slightly more speed, but heavier armors would penalize ATH more, but this is just a lesser concern of mine, the important one is the first paragraph.

Oh and the stronghold gamemode would be great.

Offline Svitjodvarg

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
  • Strategus Coordinator!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolves
  • Game nicks: Wolves_DeGothia
  • IRC nick: Wolves_DeGothia
« Reply #168 on: May 20, 2012, 01:57:05 pm »
+1
It is really nice to hear that you are still planning to work on improving module. We have awsome website, strategus is more or less fine besides almost everyone spend 90% of his time here playing the cRPG on various servers with different game modes, everything else is just nice addition to that. There are really awsome new features in other modules Vikingr, The Deluge it would be nice to search for inspiration and "borrow" some new ideas for awsome features. Things that I would to love see in firts place:

- improving overall performance, removing some old ugly items or replacing them,
- adding script for fall damage while being dismounted,
- if rain doesn't affect horses speed and manuver it should,
- changing the way how poll votes are displayed to something less distractive, there were few minor modes that made them appear in the bottom of the screen with smaller font,
- maybe adding shield bash, but to be honest I can't recall if I ever palyed module that has it implemented so that would require some testing,
- rework is possible how shield forcfield work on horses, so it will not magicly defend horse from being hit,
- buff gravity, fall damage should be reworked, it is sometimes ridicoulus from how high you can jump without loosing health points,
- there is something called "Death Mode" that points out at certain time where is the enemie to cut the camping,
- maybe work a bit on other game modes, don't know if something can be done with Stronghold, but last time I tried it it gives me really awfull performance issues even with about 20 players on the server,
- would be nice to add clan managemnet via website with banners selectable only for clan members, that would be probably best way to fix banner balance by cutting banner leeching,
- make dead bodies receive damage for short time after player death, it was even mentioned in changelog during Warband beta tests but they fail at adding this so I hope that our awsome devs know how to do this if it is possible,

For now it's all what comes to my mind, but sure there are a lot of things that can tweaked, improved or reworked. Changing the way some attributes works like removing bonus to hp from strenght or reworking weapon master skill should be done (if they ever will) right along with some support for lvl 31+ characters that based their skill/attribute distribution on old mechanics, besides it might be awsome idea for gold sink.

On vikingr mod you can bash your shield with your weapon.. That would be cool to have here :D

Offline CaveSquirrel

• Count
  • Renown: 199
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ayween_the_Quail
  • IRC nick: CaveSquirrel
« Reply #169 on: May 20, 2012, 02:15:30 pm »
+2
2 words: Add walking!

Offline bosco

• Count
  • Renown: 258
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
  • Steady...
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 20, 2012, 02:18:45 pm »
+3
Give carryable banners that buff surrounding troops plox.

Combined with different XP system = goodbye lone wolf leechers, welcome angry mob riot every round  :twisted:

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 20, 2012, 04:10:11 pm »
Remove block from weapons that could not be used to duel in history, so

remove block from pikes, greatswords, great axes.
I don't know enough

Offline Xav13

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 20, 2012, 04:45:18 pm »
+1
add PowerDraw bonus for archer in line,like shieldwall.

I like this one :)

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 20, 2012, 06:10:15 pm »
+1

Gravity is already a bit too high in cRPG. I'd rather have it lose a little of force.

Offline Tindel

• Earl
  • Renown: 333
  • Infamy: 238
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tindel
« Reply #174 on: May 20, 2012, 09:12:27 pm »
If the multi was removed. And winning did not improve your exp/gold gain,  then we could have a banner balance that always put whole clans on same team.

I think that would improve teamwork. And it would work becasue the loosing side wouldnt mind as much since they still get exp.

Right now its really really shitty to be on the loosing team, it ruins the fun

Offline ArchonAlarion

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 54
  • Late 15th cen. English Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ArchonAlarion, DON'T_WAKE_GRANDPA, NASTY_TURTLE, UNARMED_CLASS_ DON'T_BAN_PLS, et al.
« Reply #175 on: May 20, 2012, 09:32:45 pm »
http://www.myarmoury.com/feature_spot_poleaxe.html

Not so heavy tbh.

I could be wrong, but I believe the weights refer to the weapon heads shown not including the hafts. Further,  part of the energy expended in using these weapons comes from hefting them in a wide radius due to their lengths (in terms of the animations that m&b uses).

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #176 on: May 20, 2012, 10:08:03 pm »
Modern poleaxe heads weight about 2.5 lbs, so I think the shaft weight is included.
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Arn_Magnusson

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
  • "cRPG is a disgrace!" - Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ForlorN
  • Game nicks: ForlorN_Arn_Magnusson, French_Knight_the_Coward
  • IRC nick: Arn_Magnusson
« Reply #177 on: May 20, 2012, 10:44:43 pm »
I WANT

COOKIES

Offline ArchonAlarion

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 54
  • Late 15th cen. English Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ArchonAlarion, DON'T_WAKE_GRANDPA, NASTY_TURTLE, UNARMED_CLASS_ DON'T_BAN_PLS, et al.
« Reply #178 on: May 20, 2012, 11:19:03 pm »
Modern poleaxe heads weight about 2.5 lbs, so I think the shaft weight is included.

Okay, perhaps you are correct.

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT