Offline John5

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Money
« on: May 17, 2012, 01:32:45 pm »
i have a problem. i have made my char main and after it i suddenly noticed that my armor started repairing after EVERY round!! before i made my char main it wasn`t repairing after every round. And the problem is that i can`t earn enough money to stay in +, so i slowly losing my money!!

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
Re: Money
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 01:38:05 pm »
+2
It's a gas.

Welcome to the real game. You either hit lvl 26 or you earned over 10k either of those things triggers the end of days for new player, upkeep.

Now if your loosing money one of two things is happening, your spending it or you are using shit that is way too expensive to 1) break even or 2) make money.

There are guides on how to make money, read them.

But most importantly the take home lesson is this. You sir, are a peasant, now behave like one until you your own farther pays for you your own sons passage into Valhalla from which point you may do what you like.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 01:42:01 pm by FRANK_THE_TANK »
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline John5

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 01:54:02 pm »
okay  :cry: :cry: :cry:
and this is stupid.. so i have to buy cheap bad armor and bad weapon to earn money..

Offline John5

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 02:05:58 pm »
and 1 more question: how can i now what weapons\armor are easy to break? or how much does the repairing cost?

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 02:07:54 pm »
It´s like 7-8% and depending on WPP how mutch the rate of it is.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 08:44:04 pm »
all equipped items in a round have a chance to repair at end of round. 

on your inventory pages on crpg.net you can see what your loadout total cost would be, and the upkeep cost of each item if it hast to repair. 

and yes, until you have some money saved up, you do have to be careful about what you buy and what you use.  make sure to leave a reserve for repairing your loadout....and if you want to use a danish greatsword (expensive) then maybe use cheaper armor for a bit, or vice versa.

if you're new to the game, you're a peasant - that's how crpg works :P  i know this bothers some people, but your character here is something you build into over time.  it really doesn't take that long though, just start earning some money and you'll be wearing whatever you want shortly.
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2012, 08:52:13 pm »
Every minute that you are alive with weapons you spawned with you have a 4% chance of repairing an item.  Every time an item repairs it will cost 7% of the total cost of the item. 

Peasants are people without a lot of money.  If you can't afford the upkeep for loadout of items, that would make you a peasant.  We all had to go through it at one point.  I would suggest using the weapon of your choice (irregardless of money, unless it's something over 10k cost) and using light to medium light gear until you are able to buy all the equipment you want for your character.  At that point always have some buffer money in case you are at x1 multiplier for a long period of time, or just for getting unlucky with repair costs (like 10k gold or 15k gold).

On your character page it shows how much total your equipment costs that you have equipped, and how much upkeep you could potentially pay per round if every item required upkeep.  People generally say that having 20k total gold cost of equipment or less will make you good money (in the long term). 

One other thing you can do, especially if cavalry.  Don't spawn with expensive weapons (or don't spawn with a horse) and either loot the battlefield for a weapon or whistle over a horse after the round starts.  You won't get hit with repair costs.  Just make sure you drop the weapon or horse at the end of the round.  If you spawn the next round with those items you could get hit with repair costs at the end of that round (that you spawn with that piece of equipment).

Good luck, and welcome to one of the best games on the internet (all flaws and faults considered).
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 08:53:56 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline callahan9119

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Callahan9119
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2012, 12:36:51 am »
It's a gas.

Welcome to the real game. You either hit lvl 26 or you earned over 10k either of those things triggers the end of days for new player, upkeep.

Funny shit.
Hello

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2012, 12:41:29 am »
+1
Also, just because something is expensive, doesn't mean it's good. There's a lot of REALLY good cheap equipment.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2012, 12:43:32 am »
You should be able to make money with medium armour (sarranid guard armour ex, or lighter) + any weapon. Just try to stay in the 20 to 30k total cost region and you will find it hard to lose money. You need a gold buffer to account for initial bad luck runs (20k+), but you should make plenty of gold.
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2012, 12:44:20 am »
Just don't invest on body armor above 5k in cost until you have all the weapons you want and a solid buffer.

Offline callahan9119

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Callahan9119
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2012, 12:46:33 am »
Also, just because something is expensive, doesn't mean it's good. There's a lot of REALLY good cheap equipment.

Yeah, Studded Leather Coat and Tourney Armor are both good cheap options. You can find bargains in almost ever equipment area.
Hello

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2012, 12:49:42 am »
+1
It's a gas.

That was my first thought when I saw the thread title.

Haha

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2012, 01:06:30 am »
+3
Miley fucks people up wearing some of the cheapest armour and using some of the cheapest weapon. Rohy kills people with a light cross bow.

Cost does not = goodishness. I have 32k stack of wood that can't kill anybody, it's on of the most expensive things in the game :/
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2012, 01:13:01 am »
We all passed trough that peasant part of game.
With that light armors and cheaper weapons you will learn game,and you will more appreciate heavier armors later.
Just because it is light armor and cheaper and shorter weapons it doesn't mean it is crap. Usualy it is very good gear.
Light armors gives you speed,heavier more protection but less speed. Here is one trick how to make money.
If you have x1 or x2 in game use cheaper gear,when you have over x2 use better gear.
I would advise you to get urself kuyak or sarranid guard armor,you don't need to go over that armors because heavier armors gives you pretty big penalty in speed,and speed is very important in CRPG.
Get some gloves under 5000 gold,klappeviser,great sword,and longsword and woila you have good armor,good speed and good weapons,and you will make money.
You may have cheaper armor,but don't go over this.