Author Topic: Riding Skill  (Read 2706 times)

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
Riding Skill
« on: May 16, 2012, 06:07:43 am »
Like power strike, throw, and draw the "riding" skill increases your item's stats if your skill level is beyond the required one listed.

Is there a cap on how much of a bonus you get for extra riding skill? With power draw you only get a bonus for up to 4 levels above the PD requirement for that bow. Are horses/riding like that, or is it similar to power strike where you can boost it as high as you can level the skill?

What are the bonuses for extra levels of riding? I know it boosts speed, but how much do you get per level? Are other stats are raised as well?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 06:08:50 am by A_Hot_Elf_Princess »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
Re: Riding Skill
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 08:16:29 am »
It continues giving bonuses like power strike ad infinitum. There is no cap.

Every point of Riding increases horse speed and maneuverability.
Speed increases speed (obviously) and going faster increases charge damage.
maneuverability is faster turn rate AND acceleration.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 08:19:23 am by Marathon »
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 08:44:04 am »
however,  the speed increase on a +3 courser from 6 to 8 riding is marginal at most and does not in any way make a difference in game. the maneuver buff is noticable but not worth sacrificing any other thing for it
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 10:15:25 am »
I have very high riding and I really like it, the dev has nerf riding thats why i go for higher riding, it feels good, but it doesn't feels good when you get 1 shot by an arbalester

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 11:19:25 am »
+1
I have very high riding and I really like it, the dev has nerf riding thats why i go for higher riding, it feels good, but it doesn't feels good when you get 1 shot by an arbalester

Riding is not nerfed, but buffed heavily. In old version of crpg was impossible to use half of horses if you do not have 24agi and 4 in riding. And even if you had 24-30 agi, it was impossible to have 7riding and 7ps simultaneously. In short - we have almost ideal conditions for noob\average and good horseman. (yes, I remember that lance ark was gimped, but I still see hundres of decent cav with good effectivity)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 11:44:18 am »
+1
Riding is not nerfed, but buffed heavily. In old version of crpg was impossible to use half of horses if you do not have 24agi and 4 in riding. And even if you had 24-30 agi, it was impossible to have 7riding and 7ps simultaneously. In short - we have almost ideal conditions for noob\average and good horseman. (yes, I remember that lance ark was gimped, but I still see hundres of decent cav with good effectivity)

The effectiveness of each riding skill point was nerfed. It's quite logical since now we have almost double the amount of riding skill points we had before for the same horses.

Also, the speed and maneuver of all horses got nerfed more recently.

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2012, 12:08:25 pm »
+1
The effectiveness of each riding skill point was nerfed

How? Old statistics and current statistics please.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2012, 03:52:11 pm »
Thanks for the reply. I noticed with a steppe horse and 5 riding I was a little slower than most people riding a courser but could also turn/accelerate very quickly.

Can't wait to try out a build next gen with 7 or 8 riding!

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 06:02:45 pm »
Riding is not nerfed, but buffed heavily.

Wrong, have you ever play native? In native if  i have 10 riding i will be flying on a pony, in CRPG 10 riding is like 6 riding in native.

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2012, 07:39:15 pm »
Wrong, have you ever play native? In native if  i have 10 riding i will be flying on a pony, in CRPG 10 riding is like 6 riding in native.

You can't have 10 riding in native multiplayer. And I'm not interested how you flying on a pony against bots in native singleplayer.

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2012, 08:22:18 pm »
You can't have 10 riding in native multiplayer. And I'm not interested how you flying on a pony against bots in native singleplayer.

you can, edit server's file , host a server there you go

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2012, 12:12:54 am »
How? Old statistics and current statistics please.

Well I don't have any statistics but I do remember the balance team said they nerfed the effect of the riding skill when they changed the riding requirements and the agi requirement of the skill.

Anyway, it's only the combination of that and the horse stats that actually matters.

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2012, 02:03:13 pm »
Well I don't have any statistics but I do remember the balance team said they nerfed the effect of the riding skill when they changed the riding requirements and the agi requirement of the skill.

Anyway, it's only the combination of that and the horse stats that actually matters.

No, not only this combination matters, because today you can have 30 level build with 5 riding (for destrier or armored horse) 3 shields (and there is not bad shields) and 9ps (enough to onehit almost anything including horses with speed bonus).
Or just jet horseman with arabian whorse and 7ps.

I call this huge hole in balance.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2012, 02:40:32 pm »
but when their horse dies or they are playing on certain town maps, they have 0 ath and are next to worthless in melee.  So its balanced out...
Turtles

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2012, 02:50:34 pm »
No, not only this combination matters, because today you can have 30 level build with 5 riding (for destrier or armored horse) 3 shields (and there is not bad shields) and 9ps (enough to onehit almost anything including horses with speed bonus).

So ?

Or just jet horseman with arabian whorse and 7ps.

You obviously don't know what you are talking about.

An archer can have 4 PD, 9ATH, 9WM and still kill people with headshots and speedbonus, while being impossible to kill for 2/3 of the playerbase. (this is Meow's build btw)