Author Topic: DEVELOPPER ABUSE  (Read 4664 times)

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
Re: DEVELOPPER ABUSE
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2012, 09:50:21 pm »
Get +3 Light Crossbow +3 Steel Bolts and a +3 Destrier or +3 Arab. 65 pierce with decent shot speed and decent accuracy and get like 170+ WPF

true, crossbow needs a nerf to balance archery. Their bolts repair chance is much lower than arrows and accuracy for bow is extremely low

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2012, 09:54:36 pm »
+5
You're all happy because they're hanging Horse Archers but it could be any of you other blokes next time, who will hang next?

This shouldn't surprise anyone at all, in the past plenty have suffered through class changes, one of the best cases being James from The Bright Knights (Nick and Clan censored due to potential repercussions), who simply doesn't have time to grind 24/7 to be able to participate in Strategus or otherwise events, he has a life and family. He stopped retiring very early though not decked out in looms, because simply he couldn't both level and participate due to his IRL engagements, BUT, suddenly the Crossbow class was changed, it could no longer use a 2hand weapon together with an Arbalest, no problem for those not past 31 who could just retire, but those who didn't have the time to grind 24/7 had to bite the bullet and retire completely wasting ALL time spent above 31 or waste half their XP, for nothing.

If there's any lvl 33+ HA's out there it must suck having to waste 50% of your XP - especially if you're of the type that can't play 24/7.

Not to mention if you should have a loomed bow that is now useless (?) - Something that also have happened a lot in the past, weapons are changed and made undesirable (or completely useless except for 'fun') - leaving players with useless items with zero resale value, items they spent a lot of hours procuring.

Evil... evil indeed...

(click to show/hide)
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2012, 10:02:55 pm »
So, what has happened? Last time I played HA it did not seem broken. :)
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2012, 10:07:12 pm »
+5
I feel for everyone who has to respec at 33 or 34. Harsh times when you have to start fresh at level 32 or 33. I can't imagine the mental anguish.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2012, 10:12:38 pm »
HA always sucked.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2012, 10:22:05 pm »
I do remember the last archery nerf, when my longbowman became virtually unplayable. This sort of thing is stressful, but it comes with the territory. Nothing to do but hope that the devs ballance things out.

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2012, 10:25:10 pm »
I feel for everyone who has to respec at 33 or 34. Harsh times when you have to start fresh at level 32 or 33. I can't imagine the mental anguish.

Says someone who have used respec 800 times at level 30/31. You're in no position to comment on this at all. You're weak, sorry buddy. Honestly, in this regard you are. You'll suffer the same fate eventually as Lezard and Siiem exactly due to that. You're just looking for a "challenge" to argue and as you know normally I would be happy to accompany your needs so you won't wither away, but this time it'll be just explaining the point below - leaving you with the last word which I am sure you will want.

The point is that people are investing time into their characters, following the parameters of the game, set for them by the developers, but when those parameters change absolutely nothing is done to help those players.

Why should people be punished for choices made within the game design presented to them, changes players are not warned about prior to (claiming beta does not cut it after so long time).

I'm all for perma death, losing items, all that, extreme consequences where countless hours spent will be lost, but that has never been said, presented  or written anywhere here, nor would it make any sense to label 31+ game-play in any regards to that.
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2012, 10:32:35 pm »
+3
One question stands :
What the hell is the HA nerf he's speaking about ? Definitely not heard about it.

On another note, i still find HAs very interesting teammates, to shoot efficiently ennemy cavs, do some close range headshots, interrupt by riding over melee ennemies in duel, etc... No way is this class "useless".
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2012, 10:32:57 pm »
Well d'uh, the point is that I've respec like 800 times at 30/31. On the other hand some my old friend who's been sitting at 34 is in no position to comment on this underlined at all underlined. But it's because I'm italics STRONG italics and play the game as diversely as possible instead of sitting at level 34 and crying because if I respec I'll be level 33 and only have 9 more points to spend than the average joe (i.e get full riding/IF/WM and grab some shield skill as well or get more athl/PS). Yes, you lose more XP than someone respeccing at 31. You also gain more and your higher level will let you try another build, whatever you want, at a very high level.

I wasn't arguing that the way balancing is done isn't retarded, though. Just that respec is more or less fine (could use some light tweaks maybe- 40% xp lost at 33 instead of 50%, 30% at 34).
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2012, 11:42:46 pm »
Zlisch you don't really need to -1 on *Every* post i made, all i am saying is true, as a lancer i can top scoreboard, as HA i am at bottom of screen...

Offline Tot.

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2012, 11:49:56 pm »
+1
So, what has happened? Last time I played HA it did not seem broken. :)

What the hell did you do with your avatar? What's this? What happened to that chick scoping with a G3?
Mods compatible with cRPG. New crosshairs, textures, sounds, yay.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2012, 11:54:43 pm »
+7
One question stands :
What the hell is the HA nerf he's speaking about ? Definitely not heard about it.

I'm curious about this as well.

Offline Idzo

• Earl
  • Renown: 494
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Deserter_IdZo
  • IRC nick: IdZo Steam Nick: Deja3n9
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2012, 11:57:40 pm »
+1
I'm curious about this as well.

Maybe he didn't played for long time...?
Urist: Being crpg mod makes you go insane at some point. look at meow, he thinks he's a fcking cat

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2012, 11:59:16 pm »
true, crossbow needs a nerf to balance archery. Their bolts repair chance is much lower than arrows and accuracy for bow is extremely low

HELL NAAW!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2012, 12:12:14 am »
+5
What the hell did you do with your avatar? What's this? What happened to that chick scoping with a G3?

You drunk or something? :lol:
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.