Author Topic: fix the goddam drop weapon bug  (Read 1571 times)

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
Re: fix the goddam drop weapon bug
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2012, 03:40:43 pm »
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Rainbow

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2012, 12:11:07 am »
you crazy!

Offline Muki

• Earl
  • Renown: 455
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • 偽善正義
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Exile
  • Game nicks: Muki
  • IRC nick: Muki, Muki39
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2012, 12:44:50 am »

As a volunteer admin I clearly have no life and live only to eradicate all fun and enjoyment from the game. Your tears of rage are all the payment I need.
Yes I drew most of my avatars

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2012, 12:53:18 am »
Might be it's the bug I get.

I'm typing something in chat and write a word with the letter "g" in. Even though my chat bar is up, it drops my weapon. Kinda lol anyway. Same goes for L and opening the log.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Peasant_Woman

• Earl
  • Renown: 438
  • Infamy: 37
  • Unofficial Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja, Ming, Companions, Cavemen
  • Game nicks: Peasant_Woman, Ninja_Ninja, Ming_Ninja, Companion_Ninja.
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2012, 03:17:14 am »
Might be it's the bug I get.

I'm typing something in chat and write a word with the letter "g" in. Even though my chat bar is up, it drops my weapon. Kinda lol anyway. Same goes for L and opening the log.

That sounds like just about the most annoying bug ever.
Maybe you are not bad, but you are a boring person. Well, that's the end of the matter.
Guide to map making
My Maps

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2012, 03:41:34 am »
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2012, 04:13:17 am »
That sounds like just about the most annoying bug ever.
It's more hilarious than annoying. I don't usually type unless I'm safe.

Although when I don't notice it and are about to enter a fight and I realize my weapon is back at spawn.... priceless xD
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2012, 04:47:40 am »
I get that same problem zapper, though more often it is L opening the chat log while I am typing with the chat window open. It must be a spike in ping making the server see your input of "L" (or G in your case) but skipping the packet of information saying "this guy is typing a message."

Probably not something that can be fixed. Rarely happens, but it's annoying when it does!

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2012, 01:40:00 pm »
I get that same problem zapper, though more often it is L opening the chat log while I am typing with the chat window open. It must be a spike in ping making the server see your input of "L" (or G in your case) but skipping the packet of information saying "this guy is typing a message."

Probably not something that can be fixed. Rarely happens, but it's annoying when it does!
I was annoyed by it in the start, but after I started imagining it as a fly flying into my eye and temporarily blind me, it started being fun :D

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2012, 02:05:37 pm »

Typing/chat/opening windows is entirely client side, so it cannot be lag related. Does it happen when you type in team chat/chat or player2admin/admin2player chat? In the former case it's definitely an engine bug, in the latter it's just modding limitations.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2012, 02:21:35 pm »
Typing/chat/opening windows is entirely client side, so it cannot be lag related. Does it happen when you type in team chat/chat or player2admin/admin2player chat? In the former case it's definitely an engine bug, in the latter it's just modding limitations.
Both actually. And it's pretty rare, but happens often enough that I'm used to it. Mostly happens when I run while typing.

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2012, 10:32:09 pm »
Shit I figured it out...
drop weapon on P... so what.
Sheathe weapon on Z - unsheathable weapon gets dropped.

sigh.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog